[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Skype just update or am I going crazy? Messages now no longer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Did Skype just update or am I going crazy? Messages now no longer appear in the order they are received. They will now organize themselves however the fuck they want. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? Why? Why? Why?

>inb4 people using Skype in 2016
>>
Yes. This happens to me as well. Reverted to the old school style one and now everything works great.
>>
>>52202802
I'm still annoyed by the way that opening a conversation doesn't immediately focus on that conversations input box.

If I want to search I would fucking click in the Search box.
>>
Why do you guys use a software that is known to record your audio and video without your consent?
>>
>>52202997
Because the point of communication software is to communicate and that's hard to do when using software with no users.
>>
>>52202997

oh no skype is gonna record me laughing at funny maymays and playing video games

what the fuck is anyone else on /g/ doing with skype? I've never once talked about anything important on it.

I get tons of emails a day containing very sensitive information though and we seem to have stopped talking about how anyone can pull up a fucking email from any time ever and use it against you
>>
File: Flip.jpg (10 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
Flip.jpg
10 KB, 219x219
>>52202997
Recommend me another one that does VoIP and chatting and some other things and is better and is similar to skype but ACTUALLY WORKS?

I've been searching for so long and a few are close but not quite there. Skype fucking sucks. I've compiled a list of all the bugs and problems I have with skype so I can just copy-paste everything to my friends who are wondering why I'm shitting on skype. The thing is, there is not a program which is good enough and has all the features I want, and is not skype. I fucking hate this situation. I seriously hope someone comes with a program that does all I want well and works.

Btw >>52202802 this happens to one of my friends too. It's awfull.
>>
>>52204090
>>
>>52202802
>2016
>using skype
kill you're self
>>
>>52202997
Because I only use it for text communications, though I am going to have to use it for an interview in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>52204621
I already know of this, but after what I've been looking through, it isn't the program to me. I just don't like all the gaming releated stuff there. Also with Discord if I'm right you don't really add people to your contact list, but you make a server where you add your friends and talk to there. I don't like that, there's just too much unneeded stuff there for me. Otherwise the program and UI is good.
>>
>>52204670
There are tons of good IM programs you could use instead of skype, if you don't even use skype for calls.
>>
>>52204696
In the end it is a matter of who you are communicating with and what they use.
You can try to convince them to change with you but they also have people they communicate with so in the end you may keep something just to stay in touch with a few people.

I'll try get one person in particular to switch to Signal though, once the Desktop client is out.
>>
File: Smiles many.jpg (70 KB, 650x427) Image search: [Google]
Smiles many.jpg
70 KB, 650x427
>>52204751
Yea, I understand. That's the biggest problem for me too, actually. Even if I found a perfect alternative, I still would have to get my friends over there, and some of them probably would forget to sign there sometimes because they have other friends in other program etc.

I just hate that everyone is so stuck on skype and don't feel like changing so easily...

You could also try Telegram, I have tried that and it's pretty good so far. Well I have one bug and it bothers me that I don't see from friend list if my friends are online or not. It works like WhatApp, where you only see when the person was last online etc. Otherwise, it's neat.
>>
>>52204836
>I just hate that everyone is so stuck on skype and don't feel like changing so easily...
I blame MSN Messenger. It was Microsoft buying Skype and merging people from Messenger into Skype that ruined everything.

Well it didn't ruin Skype, Skype was already shit, but it ruined Messenger and everyones' lives.
>>
>>52202874
Right! Like Jesus fuck I tab over to the program to send a quick response and I go into fucking search mode. It's like it wants to find Jamal's father or something. Skype might even work less than that worthless nigger.
>>
>>52204902
This is the biggest thing I hate in the UI too. Like what the hell were they thinking!? I alt-tab alot along other hotkeys, and this makes my life harder when I'm talking with people. Microsoft's reaction to every complaint is like in this picture....
>>
>>52204621

discord sucks ass and is some sort of gaming meme of a company. the call quality is shit and it's basically a Ventrilo web app. it's going nowhere
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.