[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets put your audiophile shit up to the test /g/ http://www
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: sol_republic_master_tracks_01.jpg (44 KB, 1024x369) Image search: [Google]
sol_republic_master_tracks_01.jpg
44 KB, 1024x369
Lets put your audiophile shit up to the test
/g/

http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

I got 5/6 right, I missed Coldplay one but did choose 320kbps

Headphones used:
>SOL REPUBLIC Master Tracks X3

Experience with music:
I do master music professionally
>>
>mfw i picked the 128kbps option every time
i don't give a fuck
it's too hard to tell with these shit music options.
put electronic music and maybe i'd be able to tell
>>
>>52202270
They all sound the same to me. Plebery is very blissful. Enjoy your elitist-induced stress
>>
>>52202494
The point is that you don't need $5000000000 headphones to hear the difference.
I swapped out my studio headphones for my $150 "fashion piece" headphones.
>>
>>52202534
well i'm listening on some sony boombox i have plugged into my computer that sounds good to me and everyone else who has listened to anything from it and i couldn't tell the difference.

i could tell the difference between 128 and up when i was using my LG Tones and Poweramp but then those broke.

still have all my shit in 320kbps mp3 though.
>>
>>52202586
Mine are varying from 320kbps mp3 and 256kbps AAC (Usually "Mastered For iTunes")

The only time I touch lossless files is at work, other than that they're a pain in the cunt to have due to file size
>>
>>52202270

Is this how article ads look like?
>>
>>52202699

Found the audiophile thats crying in the corner because his $50,000 DAC just got fucking smashed by cheap headphones and he's now realizing that he could've put that money to something useful.
>>
Got all wrong.
>>
Howbout let's stop being plebs and learn what you're listening for in the first place

https://www.goldenears.philips.com/en/challenge.html
>>
>>52202807
"Subtle Changes"
nigga that aint subtle
>>
>>52202864
nigga it gets more subtle every time
>>
>>52202807

bretty interesting, thanks
>>
easiest way to spot the uncompressed is listen for the MP3 highpass that always squeezes the 30-60db range.
>>
>>52202807
>get to the noise section
>SWEET FUCKING SHIT WHO CHANGED THE TV TO CHANNEL 3
>>
>>52202534
You have a massive advantage (assuming you're OP). You've probably spent years listening for the difference between "lossless" (Red Book standard) and "lossy" (v0/192kbps, etc.) Aside from stupidly obvious shortfalls (128kbps 11025hz, etc.), the vast majority of /g/ has no idea what to listen for even.
>>
>>52202270
>>52202801
I got one right lol
>>
>>52203051
ayy get a load of this pleb
probably has a nice lil collection of buttrock and deletes any songs he doesn't like from an album lmao
>>
>>52203075
well this kid missed the channel 3 joke..
See when we used to use coax cables for tv channel 3 was rarely used for any broadcast and if you'd flip to it you'd get nothing but white noise and "snow"
Also applied to channel 2
>>
>>52203056
Op here, true that. 10 years in the job
>>
>>52203110
i'm 26 you donut, i was calling you out for thinking noise music = static = bad
go cry into your kirino daki or listen to some nickelback or whatever plebs do
>>
>>52203154
>noise music

Bruh the thing literally adds actual static to regular music.
You're getting butthurt over a slight that never happened, quit being so insecure about your shitty music that you only listen to so you can impress anonymous shitposters on /mu/
>>
>>52203154
"I'm a fucking retard that likes to listen to static because much aesthetics"

FTFY
>>
Etynomic Hf5
Source: Phone

That Vega song really got me.
>>
literally advertisement for jay-z's shitty streaming service. of course they made it easy, so you're more likely to pay the 20 bucks a months for "high quality streams".

do a proper abx test in foobar next time instead of supporting and linking advertisements disguised as articles.

sage
>>
the jay-z song was the only one i knew beforehand and i didn't have to listen to more than half a second of it to notice the difference. i can clearly hear it, but with the other songs not so much. that's what you get from listening to rap music for 20 years.
>>
Only one I got right was the one of the girl singing with no music in the background. I could hear more "clicks" of her lips with the uncompressed sample than with the compressed.
>>
5/6 with galaxy S3 earbuds one of which is broken, how does it feel audiphiles?
my cans are Grado SR320i's
>>
>>52203812
SR325i's
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.