[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /g/, I know you hate it when a thread like this comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: android-developer[1].png (83 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
android-developer[1].png
83 KB, 300x300
Alright /g/, I know you hate it when a thread like this comes up, but I don't care if you do hate it.

What are approved android phone models for a money-saver's budget? I'm not spending anything like 300 europoor bucks on a fucking phone. Maybe 200 but any higher than that would require it does blowjobs and the dishes too, which I don't want it to do anyway.

I don't care about gimmicks, trends ands hypes, I just want the damn thing to work well. The most important thing is that it's not be loaded with "user protection" shit like
-a locked-down bootloader
-difficult rooting
-inability to backup and restore the low-level filesystem (i.e. the entire memory contents)
-unremovable worthless apps installed by some stupid sponsor that tries to get you into their ecosystem and thinks pictures of smiling people and other marketing shit has any place in programs
-other (often unremovable) worthless shit programs like some no-name browser from the manufacturer, backup programs that don't tell you what they actually back up or how a restore will work
-etc

You know, an android phone the average normie would see as the linux among phones: cold, fast, straight-edge efficiency, no beating around the bush or handholding, no marketing or feel-good shit, etc.

Mucho danke, mes amis.
>>
>>52194384
> Does it have stock/or close to stock Android?
> Does is have a Qualcomm chipset
> Does it have Android version 4.4+
If the answer is yes to all of these, then it will most likely fit your purposes.
>>
>>52194511
Having stock android (called aosp if I'm not mistaken?) is a good point, but I somehow managed to get aosp for my current shit phone and I'm less than impressed: calls are muted (mic and speakers) every time I make or receive a call and toggling the mute buttons doesn't change that, the ringtone doesn't play, certain settings pages crash, the stock apps are ugly and inconsistently themed in every way (can't even enable a different color palette on e.g. messaging), etc. I'm not sure if it's aosp or the phone but I'm gonna give aosp the benefit of the doubt since this phone probably doesn't actually support it well.

>quallcomm
Haven't heard this name, is it like the competition of mediatek? Mediatek is my current and I never wanna touch a mediatek again, it's shit.
>>
Probably any no-name Chinese phone
>>
File: not-sure-if-fry-meme[1].jpg (16 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
not-sure-if-fry-meme[1].jpg
16 KB, 552x414
>>52194735
>>
>>52194384
OnePlus One if you can still get one.
God-tier.
>>
>>52194787
Using a OnePlus X right now, she's a bare bones beaut.
>>
>>52194787
Isn't that some sort of pre-purchase "by invite only" nonsense?

I've heard good things about motorola and google nexus (though nexus seems pretty expensive)
>>
Moto E 2nd gen
>>
Used lg g2 $90 easy to root and install cyanogen marshmallow
>>
>>52194958
Where anon?
>>
>>52194859
They're getting rid of the invite system i think, i may have invites for the phones that still use the invite system.
>>
>>52194384
If prices annoy you, look for second hand phones at least two years old. For a fairly pure Android experience, perhaps the Motorola Moto G or one of the Droid models if you fancy physical keyboards.
>>
>>52194787
>>52194832
Oneplus One has been available without an invite for about 9 months, the Oneplus 2 since this christmas. Oneplus X available without an invite every Tuesday.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.