[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
systemd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tux.jpg (6 KB, 214x236) Image search: [Google]
tux.jpg
6 KB, 214x236
What does 4chan think about systemd?
>>
Nothing. It has no effect on me as I do not deal with it.
>>
>>52192564
What about nsa?
>>
>>52192535
botnet
>>
>>52192892
>>52192776
feel free to locate the botnet part for me :^)
https://github.com/systemd/systemd
>>
>>52192946
b8
>>
>>52192946
rekt
>>
What do people actually say about systemd? Why is it so bad?
>>
>>52194245
Unnecessary abstraction is the primary complaint that I hear. I use it though and it doesn't make me mad. It just becomes spaghetti mess when you've got some polyglot init script system
>>
>>52194245
some say it's a mess and doesn't make things easier, yet still claims it solves problems (by creating new ones)
Also, peolpe say it's vastness makes it difficult for audits as suggested by >>52192946 so nsa could put their code into it.

?
>>
I like it.

You can tell it's not bad because you will get 0 serious responses to requests like >>52192946 and the past 5 years all people against systemd have done is talk shit about Lennart Poettering behind his back because their balls are too shriveled from being compressed by fat rolls they don't have it in them to go face to face with him at any of the talks he give and beat him on technical grounds.

Places like the Gentoo forums claim systemd is a security whole easy to brake through but have yet to come up with a single example or test case to break its security.

Forks like Devuan came about, a year or so later and they still aren't smart enough to remove systemd files and the project is ran by a guy with an media/arts background who tried scamming money from EU via fake project about 10 years ago, guess what Devuans main focus has been on? Donations.

As Linus Torvalds says: Talk is cheap, show me the code.
Systemd show the code, the haters do an awful lot of talking.
>>
>>52194413
>Systemd show the code, the haters do an awful lot of talking.
this
>>
>>52192564
>>52192946
>>52194225
>>52194413
>>52195580
Nice to see you browse 4chan, Lennart Poettering :^)
>>
>>52194413
>Places like the Gentoo forums claim systemd is a security whole easy to brake through but have yet to come up with a single example or test case to break its security.

Honestly the entire state of gnu/linux security is a mess and systemd at least runs most daemons with minimal privilege .
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.