[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proof me that any unix-like is not part of the botnet. >multiple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: no-unix-480.gif (9 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
no-unix-480.gif
9 KB, 480x480
Proof me that any unix-like is not part of the botnet.
>multiple million lines of code
>in the hand of a couple thousand admins
>high specialized C code only a few people can understand

Looks pretty easy for me, find a poor admin who is managing a essential part. Pay him money, add your botnet code with some thousand additional lines, admin approves, everyone compiles botnet code on their pc/server.
>>
No shit. What do you suggest?
>>
>>52192409
Plan 9 and Inferno are the botnetless way forward.
>>
>>52192409
Can confirm. got paid off to overlook dodgy code submitted to the Linux Kernel.
>>
Yeah, it's not great. What else do you suggest we use that does the things it does?
>>
>>52192409
Don't forget that the whole open source thing is mostly a myth, the linux ecosystem is almost entirely managed by a few US companies and that's it.
>>52192847
yep that happens all the time
>>52192856
why are you trying to change the subject?
>>
>>52192409
Given there is a history of Three Letter Agency involvement in 'nix development do you think bashdoor was a bug? Or Heartblead?
>>
>>52192409
>>52192741
>>52192769
>>52192847
>>52192856
>>52192917
>>52193007
Back to >>>/v/ with you faggots.
>>
>>52193133
Yeah, I was just trolling. Sorry.
>>
>>52192409
Unix-like is not "good". Unix-like is "least bad".
>>
>>52193007
It wasn't a bug, but a undocumented feature
>>
>>52192409
>high specialized C code only a few people can understand
>>I am too dumb for C
>I'll just call it a botnet

Why are winbabbies so stupid?
>>
>>52193998
It's not about programming, it's about having the mathematical knowledge to implement a save cryptography design, for example. And every part of the kernel needs specialized knowledge, that you will never understand if you don't spend years researching that stuff. I don't think you can fully understand a modern OS just by being a good programmer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.