[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a Spotlight alternative for Android? > I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
is there a Spotlight alternative for Android?

> I don't want to search the web (ALWAYS ON)
> I don't want web history (ALWAYS ON)

I used Nova's app search shortcut with "Home Launcher", but now I am trying to use the Google Now and Action Launchers.
Nova was able to only search apps, contacts would be a nice addition to this.

Basically I want Spotlight on Android..?
>>
No. Lagdroid is for the retards that want everything to be unavailable and hard to access. Get an iPhone you poor poorfaggot.
>>
>>52188898
Protip, grandpa: Flagship android phones cost the same now.
>>
KISS launcher does this I think.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160102-121512.png (569 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160102-121512.png
569 KB, 1080x1920
>>52188526
>>
>>52189113
Thanks for the tip, will try.
I am looking for more of a standalone application that would index my contacts and apps, and let me search them.
That's it, nothing more.

Honestly it would not be a big challenge to implement this and release it, but I have developed apps only back in the days of KK and JB.

And to look up all the libraries for UI and shit again... that is some painful process for sure.
>>
>>52189132
> wasted space
> useless web search suggestions - that no one needs
> only a few real hits

For example I have a contact on my phone called "otherSim cardnumber". Does not matter how fucked up the name is.

If I look for "Sim" in Google, it should find it.
Well it does not. It throws me some random other contact.
But this one? Nowhere to be found.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-02-11-07-05.png (374 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-02-11-07-05.png
374 KB, 1080x1920
Swipe down when you're un the app drawer
>>
>>52189113
exactly what I was looking for - too bad it's not a separate app.
but yeah I checked out the Github code, this may work.

I am not that good with licenses though, so no idea if I can just rip things out, give credit where it's due and upload it to Play Store as a free app.

>>52190323
You can do this with Nova.
Set "Home Launcher" to Nova's "App search" activity.
Long press Home, you have the search.

Now I want to repro this on other launchers.
As I said if I just long press my home now, I just get thrown back into Nova's app search (makes sense).
>>
File: image.jpg (564 KB, 1876x1251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
564 KB, 1876x1251
>>52188526
Just get an iPhone anon :)
>>
>>52191755
ok. how do you add a calendar widget to your home screen on iOS that displays 3 calendars from gmail accounts, holidays from 4 nations, and a shared calendar via url?
>>
>>52192049
you don't. It is a feature :^)
>>
>>52191755
my mother smashed her iphone
>>
>>52194038
your mother got some anger management issues I think...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.