[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody an Electrical Engineer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 287x176) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 287x176
>Picture not related
If you folks don't mind me asking, what do you do?
Is it difficult?
>>
I work on an assembly line at an electric motorcycle company. Its not hard, its tedious and half the people are fucking useless. My friend tried to be an electrical engineer. He still lives in his parents house and complains about his eyes when he actually gets a job he doesn't think is fun.
>>
>>52186746
How about the journey on being an E.Engineer, more specifically college, and what do you mean by work? Thank you for answering my questions~
>>
Fun fact about OP's picture, both those fishes are the exact same size.
>>
>>52186724
I am an EE, I work as a software engineer for a trading firm. If I could I would have loved to work on ASIC design, but unfortunately there really isn't much opportunity for that in Australia. I considered doing post grad research in the computer vision space, but never got around to doing it, maybe some day.
>>
>>52186811
Did your degree include programming or did you have to learn that on your own time?
>>
>>52186825
All engineering, even mechanical and civil, will have some programming these days.
>>
>>52186765
He didn't do college, he went to a trade school that doesn't hand out real degrees but had students landing industry jobs for the few years it had been around, so he dumped all his money and a bunch of his parents money into a shitty 9 month school. That was a year and a half ago.

I had some college and dropped out, tinkered with a lot of shit but never really built anything or did anything just basically knew how tools work. Now I'm assembling wheels and mounting front forks on the bikes. Its not any harder than assembling a pc.
>>
> Get EE degree
> Work shity "software developer" job at a hospital.

Wanted to do embedded systems, now I do shity sql queries and web dev.
>>
>>52186724
School is difficult. Once you get past that, your job can be as easy or as hard as you want. They all pay very well.
>>
>>52186859
>>52186746
You're not an electrical engineer, why the fuck are you even posting? Nobody cares about your shitty button pushing assembly line working ass.
>>
>>52186848
Some programming isn't enough to land a job programming
>>
>>52186848
civil engineer here, this is true.
>>
>>52186909
If you keep what you program in university on a github account or something. And have a portfolio of it, it might be enough.
>>
>>52186909
>Australia
>Needing to actually know anything besides someone who works there to get a job
>Not being a useless cunter
>>
>>52186909
Didn't say it was.
>>
I'm studying ee in italy. First year. Subjects are really fun to study and I periodically build something simple just to learn a bit more. I want to work in the photovoltaic field once graduated
>>
>>52186861

this right here, except I studied computer engineering
>>
>>52186724
If by difficult you mean boring as fuck then yes. It's mostly about filling meaningless paperwork and occasionally pulling a burnt cat out of a transformer.
>>
EE here.
There are 3 major branches : Power, Telecommunications and electronic and embedded system.

The real life work mainly is
- maintenance at factories
- Projects.

I suggest you (as me) to go with project for real life experience , more money, more experience, more opportunities, but lil tiring, the maintenance one is easy but after like 2 years it become tedious and boring, with too much work drama.

I work as a SCADA and system integrator project manager, I make easily 700,000 not to mention the commissions after each project, I do RFP, scope of works etc. at this point and rarely I go to the field, which is shameful as it is the most enjoying part.

The good thing about EE, you can fit in any (almost) field, Some my EE friends became sales engineer, some for renewable energy, other for network and data-centers projects, and the list goes on.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.