[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
as of december, 2015, and according to steam, 48.58 % of all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-01-02_06-38-05.png (51 KB, 930x399) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02_06-38-05.png
51 KB, 930x399
as of december, 2015, and according to steam, 48.58 % of all its users still own a dual core processor.
and even more surprisingly, there's been a 0.65 % gain last month.

why is this happening?
>>
I personally run 4 cores

I have literally no existing reason to ever need more than 4

Also because they're casual
>>
the answer is 3rd world countries anon.

like russia and brazil
>>
>>52185113
Because normies and poorfags don't need more than 2 cores for css,csgo and le dota
>>
Mobile devices like laptops.
>>
>>52185156
addition:
26.53% of all users have a resolution of 1266 x 768. we can safely assume that those people own a laptop and probably have dual cores.. although im not too sure of the distribution of cores across laptops (i would assume most are quad cores)
>>
8 cpus master race.

Workhorse first, gaming machine second
>>
>>52185206
Well, considering an overwhelming majority of people don't render videos or program shit, I wouldn't say 8 cores would be any level of "master race"

I bet you're one of those people who has an amazing processor, great video card, lots of system ram, but a shitty or mediocre hard drive. Your bottleneck is keeping you as slow as my 4 core ass.
>>
>>52185156
This.

Kids getting Christmas gifts and installing steam on them is likely why it went up this month.
>>
>>52185351
this makes sense
>>
Devs can't into multi-core program writing.

That and laptops.
>>
>>52185113
Countries like Mexico and Brazil have PC gaming exploding all of a sudden.

I've seen kids spend up to 8 hours in Cyber cafes playing Battlefield 2 and Counterstrike.

This is 8 hours that you have to pay for.
Some teenagers practically work just so they can pay for cheap street food and CyberCafe vidya time.

Computer parts are expensive as fuck, sometimes up to 5 times as much as they cost in America, and to make matters worse, some places don't really receive shipments of stuff like computer parts.

The only choice people have is going to Elektra or some shit and buying the horrible dated and overpriced pre-builts.

Amazons caught on to this and is expanding into Mexico.

They are going to make a killing mang.
>>
>>52185351
This. Can confirm. Am one. Will edit post with pic and timestamp. Give me karma and gold please :)
>>
>People want into PC gaming
>But its to expensive compared to xbone or ps4
>Pentium g3258 + shit GPU

And dumbasses who bought into steam machines , they have i3s , which is dual core.
>>
not everyone has 400 dollars to spend on something that makes their games run faster
>>>/v/
>>
muh gaming statistics oh wow
>>
>>52185113
Normal people probably dont need more. I don't see the problem here.
>>
I live in the US and make more than 100k a year. I literally have 0 need to upgrade my desktop past a dual core right now.

Buying shit to do useless shit (like video games) is literally meme tier.
>>
>>52185113
because Steam is retarded and can't tell the difference between an actual dual-core processor and Intel's "quad core" processors which are just dual cores with two extra virtual cores
>>
I have a dualcore and every game I've tried (including GTA5 and Fallout 4) ran just fine with 50 fps or more. The reason why so many people have dualcores is presumably because of poor ruskies or south americans.
>>
>>52187890
>Intel's "quad core" processors which are just dual cores with two extra virtual cores

which makes them, in fact, be a dual core CPU...
>>
>>52185113
laptops and 3rd worlders
>>
>>52185113
laptops are a huge thing among retards.

a coworker recently told me he games on a laptop with a broken screen, which never gets moved and is hooked up to a TV. he said, and I quote "Yeah but it's an awesome laptop from like two years ago"

He said, and I quote, "No I don't even know the model number of the graphics card I put it in for christmas"
"I don't know the processor"

This is a guy who tells me he's a PC whiz with programming and "network hacking" (figuring out his dad's wifi password and bypassing the MAC QoS rules)
>>
Yeah, normies want laptops, even when it's obviously a bad choice and all they do is use them at home.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.