[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android Development is shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 9byKnydCbR-10.png (23 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
9byKnydCbR-10.png
23 KB, 300x250
>download Android Studio stable
>no hi dpi support
>download Android Studio canary
>new project
>takes 10 fucking minutes on a mobile i7
>run project
>new virtual device
>UI hangs and have to kill it
>restart, use real device
>compile error, no compatible appcompat found!
>the right libraries however are installed

Any way to do native Android development that isn't utter shit?
>>
>>52180899
I also fell for the Android Studio meme
Don't know what else to use
>>
>>52180899
>no hi dpi support
Yes there is, nice shotgun surgery, filthy code monkey.
>>
>>52182943
QPython
>>
Sounds like personal problems.
>>
>>52182943
IntelliJ
>>
>>52180899
Android emulator is crap, just attach your android (with usb debugging on) to your pc and run it on the phone instead of emulator.

Appcompat error is a fuckup but it can be fixed.

If it takes 10 minutes than your pc is somehow not so fast...
>>
>>52183171
He said "mobile i7" so it's probably a laptop with a 5200rpm hard drive.
>>
>>52180899
I'm so sorry you suffer from crippling PEBCAK problems. The only way to fix it is to stop Android development.
>>
>>52180899
sounds like youre just shit at it.

>download android studio stable
>download correct sdks
>create new project, takes <5 seconds to load
>add correct dependencies to project
>do some coding
>run on phone, takes about 30 seconds to compile
>done.

are you sure you dont have autism anon
>>
File: 1451447329855.jpg (2 MB, 2833x1877) Image search: [Google]
1451447329855.jpg
2 MB, 2833x1877
>>52180899
M$ visual studio android emulator runs better than google
>>
>>52183816
I tried to get this to run, but I had to enable hyper-v or some bs and it killed Genymotion. Just decided to stick with GM.
>>
>>52184761
Samefag but I just remembered Genymotion is not free for commercial purposes. Might be worth it to switch to MS.
>>
>>52184761
>turning on virtualizatoin support breaks an emulator
That's a new one. Must be fucking shit.
>>
>>52180899
Apps were a mistake
Smartphones were a mistake
Computer Science was a mistake
Programming was a mistake
ARM was a mistake
Tablets were a mistake
Apple was a mistake
Google was a mistake
Microsoft was a mistake

Thankfully I have Linux to lean on and keep me sane in this consumerist bullshit society.
>>
>>52184866
pls share your blog posts on Twitter instead thank you

also
>chexed
>>
The visual studio android emulator is god tier and works flawlessly with android studio. You need hyper v.
>>
Android developer here.
>>52180899
OP is an idiot. If Android studio is running slow, you definitely have 4GB of ram or less and did not download the correct emulator (x86 with HAXM) Intel core i7 should run x86 Android pretty fast.

Also, I sense like you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>52182977
Not on stable.

>>52183338
SSD.

>>52183758
I had already been doing Android development with Kivy and had all the right SDK's. I told it to create the Nav Drawer template and it took forever.

>>52183816
Running Ganoo son. The emu was not a problem though, Studio hanged downloading the system image.

>>52184954
16 GB of RAM, SSD, i7. I run othe IntelliJ IDEA IDEs without a hitch. I never got to run the emulator, because Studio hanged downloading the image and I decided to just try to run it on hardware, when I got a compile error without writing a single line of code.
>>
>>52185398
>SSD.
Then you have no excuse. Android Studio finishes loading up in less than three minutes on my computer with a 7200rpm drive.
>>
>>52185398
>I got a compile error without writing a single line of code.
So what were you compiling?

Sounds like you have no idea what you're doing, just thought "I can download Android Studio and make apps!"..
>>
>>52185745
It's not me who needs excuses, it's this shitty program. It's now creating projects in under a minute, but it's still ridiculous.

>>52185755
Created a new project with the NavDrawer template and clicked run. I made a clean SDK and it now runs, even though Studio shows me a big ass error about CoordinatorLayout throwing an IllegalArgumentException because it's apparently not using an AppCompat theme.

This shit is also crying about OpenJDK.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.