[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to start pirate radio any tips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
I'm about to start pirate radio
any tips?
>>
What country? If it's the US, don't. You'll be v& by the FCC pretty quickly. If that doesn't stop you, hide your antenna, and if possible don't have any of the equipment in your house.
>>
http://www.hobbybroadcaster.us/gear.html Pretty good site for figuring out your gear
>>
A Raspberry Pi with a cable attached to GPIO pin 4 does not make a pirate radio station. Also transmit a nuclear apocalypse radio play for shits and giggles.
>>
File: 1449271764357.jpg (159 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1449271764357.jpg
159 KB, 1500x1500
>>
>>52180550
I dont think the FCC would care about some random kid doing am broadcasting on a free frequency in some small town, hiding the antenna is still a good idea though
>>
>>52180425
Better be mobile. Legitimate license owners will report your ass for doing something for free they had to pay millions for. I think it's like a 12k fine in the US. If you were mobile, it would be pretty hard to find you, for a time.
>>
>>52180809
With an amplifier, it does
>>
>>52181335
That is where you would be very wrong. The FCC is a highly militarized branch of the government with very little to do. They also take licensing very seriously. You better bet when they hear of an unauthorized radio broadcast they will send a van to your area.
>>
>>52181335
You'd be amazed.

FCC takes that shit VERY seriously.
>>
>>52181335
>>52180425
Not saying don't do it man, but watch your ass. FCC takes that shit seriously, even if you're on armature spectrum.
>>
>>52181383
Hams will also triangulate you for fun.

If you really want to run a pirate radio. Transmit and move.
>>
>>52180425
Fucking do it. Enforcement is at an all time low. Budget is slashed for enforcement, many offices closed. See:

https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-15-81A1.pdf
>>
Also fuck your FCC
I'm from Poorland
>>
>>52181441
They can triangulate all they want, the FCC dosent give a shit. As long as you are not 24/7 and dont ignore any funny letters in the mail, don't interfere with police, air, etc, you should be fine. Go to eham.net and spend some time reading about all the FCC won't do from fellow HAMs. You really have to be a big fish pissing off a bunch of people to get noticed these days.
>>
>>52180425
moya elka vuf etom godu
>>
>>52181441
go to 14.313 and see how much enforcement power the FCC has. Or google "W6WBJ" and read about this merry prankster.
>>
File: 1449451794385.gif (132 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1449451794385.gif
132 KB, 350x350
>>52181516
HACK THE PLANET! PLAY KMFDM AND MINISTRY!!
>>
>>52181656
A decent transmitter is $$$, otherwise I would. I feel it my duty to red pill my town about the jew.
>>
>>52181788
jesus christ, never mind. go back to /pol/ to discuss the jew boogy man
>>
File: 1451115388055.jpg (35 KB, 720x584) Image search: [Google]
1451115388055.jpg
35 KB, 720x584
>>52181788
>Complains about price
>Complains about "the jew"
Okay_goy.jpg
>>
From what I remember reading in regards to FM transmission there are a few free channels which if no other station is transmitting on in your area and if you keep the broadcast within 2-10 miles the FCC really cannot do anything about it.

Its only when you are using high powered transmitters which can range far that will likely get you pinned down. Keep it in your local area and you will likely be safe.
>>
>>52180425
Get a big big boat and get into international waters.
set up equipment and broadcast.
(Power source sold separately).
>>
Become a crank on amateur frequencies like K1MAN or Karol Madera.
>>
>>52180425
prepare to get FUCKED, the penalties are severe in most 1st world countries
>>
>>52183559
Or anybody on 147.435.
>>
What is the point in pirate radios anymore. It was a thing before the internet. Nowadays you can just twit, blog, yootube channel etc
>>
File: liquid_sky_boy_girl_party.jpg (85 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
liquid_sky_boy_girl_party.jpg
85 KB, 600x418
>>52183623
Thats what we need, a pirate internet!!!
>>
>>52181383
>>52181413
>>52181433
FCC plz go
>>
>>52183709
Im with you anon
>>
>>52181383
this
>>52180425
Isn't that what Ham radio operators do?
>>
>>52181335

the FCC have military-grade dildos shoved up their asses.

There are even ham radio cucks who will do it FOR FREE
>>
>>52181788
just buy one of those hundred dollar transmitters off of Amazon and broadcast to your block
>>
>>52183563
They're severe in every country. The radio station operators buy license for a particular frequency by paying big money, there's no way the guberment will let unlicensed freeloading faggots broadcast. If your broadcast power is in the allowed range by the country, the worst that could happen is you'll get v& but not apprehended or any legal action.
>>
My thoughts - this will be much easier if you have a bit of money to burn, maybe $1000 or so.

If you broadcast from your house 24/7 it is very easy to triangulate the signal and it'll be 100% obvious that it's you when they kick the door in. Broadcasting irregularly will help, but then how are you supposed to build an audience? Any time your listeners can here you, so can the ham cuck police.

You can transmit from your vehicle, but then listeners will only hear a couple seconds to a couple minutes or so of your broadcast depending on your broadcasting range. Putting a big antenna is also kind of a dead giveaway.

My advice is to build disposable transmission stations - Car battery, power converters, raspberry pi, amplifier, antenna. Record your broadcasts ahead of time to a USB stick or the pi's SD card. Climb a tree somewhere away from your home and stick it up there. Once installed, you simply "forget" about it and never come back for it, which protects you in the event some hamcucks HFDF it and call the FCC or something to do a stakeout.

You could try retrieving it once the battery is dead i guess, but you'd probably have to have some excuse prepared like you enjoy climbing trees or you saw it up in the branches and got curious etc.

Other options could be to put one on the roof of a coffeeshop with free wifi, and try to set up an IP tunnel or something so you could live broadcast.

Occasionally you can find an unguarded 120V outlet in public but these tend to be at ground level and highly conspicuous. If you know how to splice live wires you could have a go at stealing electricity but the fact you need to ask for advice means you'd probably get it wrong and kill yourself.
>>
>>52181788
Why not just make youtube videos like a normal asshole? At least that way a few people might listen to you.
>>
>>52184282
This disposable thing is stupid. It would be far more sensible to just drive around while transmitting a pre-recorded broadcast from your vehicle.

Then again the whole idea is retarded. It's not 1965. Just post your shit to the internet and put some flyers up around town if you want people to notice. The number of hobbyist radio faggots in any given city is probably in the double digits.
>>
>>52181335
This happens to be my industry so let me tell you something.

Our monitoring units are so sophisticated now that we just put one in the field for a couple years and leave it. They continuously record broad-spectrum (KHz-GHz) data at high resolution and store it for up to two years. We can go back and synthesize the stored data from multiple units to triangulate literally every single radio transmission within the United States to a specific place and time.

You will be found, and you will be punished for this. I strongly recommend that you don't do it.
>>
>>52180425
If you're in America, don't.
Stream or some shit.
>>52184282
>If you broadcast from your house 24/7 it is very easy to triangulate the signal and it'll be 100% obvious that it's you when they kick the door in. Broadcasting irregularly will help
No it won't
They'll be pretty aware the moment it happens.
granted that depends on how large of an area you're sending to.
>>
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/July_29_Merchant_broadcast
reminder that this happened
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.