[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mkg/ Mechanical Keyboards General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 4490387966_639eb83863_o.jpg (84 KB, 605x467) Image search: [Google]
4490387966_639eb83863_o.jpg
84 KB, 605x467
Why are Dolch boards so sexy looking edition

Buyer's Guide:
http://pastebin.com/QJD7fSGU

Where to Buy:
http://pastebin.com/8Yku80VL

FAQs:
http://pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp

Old thread: >>52147694
>>
I have a black alps AT101W.
I fucking dropped my monitor on my keyboard and fucked up one of the keys.

Question: Do all black alps caps fit into other black alps boards?
>>
>>52179410
>>52179353
They should.
>>
>>52179461
Thanks!
>>
What is the benefit of using a tenkeyless board?
>>
>>52179506
Unless you're an accountant, you don't need that wasted space.

I can't even use that section without looking down, so I use regular numbers above the letters instead.
>>
>>52179506
I just bought a TKL because I noticed that I can't put my mouse where I naturally would put it because this exact space is blocked by the numpad. I.e. more space
>>
>>52179506
Basically ergonomics, when you have a full size board, either your homerow is too far left of your body, or your mouse is too far to the right (possibly both if you're placing it somewhere in the middle).

The number pad being on the right is a relic of the past before mice. Placing it on the left makes more sense ergonomically, plus its not like you don't know how to type with your left hand, you do it all day everyday.
>>
Does anyone here use a Rosewill RK-9000V2? I'm thinking of getting one for $80. It'll be my first mechanical keyboard.

It's the most affordable one I can find that uses brown switches, and I like how plain it is. Colorful LEDs and backlights look cool at first but I get tired of them very quickly.

I'm mostly worried about longevity. I really don't want to pay $80 for a keyboard that will have problems in a few months, and haven't had great experiences with Rosewill stuff in the past.
>>
>>52179845
It's not a bad board. That and the Quickfire XT are great entry level boards for the price.
>>
File: 1413104245905.jpg (14 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1413104245905.jpg
14 KB, 323x323
>>52179633
>Unless you're an accountant, you don't need that wasted space.
>I can't even use that section without looking down, so I use regular numbers above the letters instead.
Not everyone is as mentally underdeveloped as you are, stop making generalizations. The numpad is fucking easy to memorize and the best way to quickly enter numbers.
>>
i fell for mechanical keyboard meme maybe 2 months ago and bought keycool 87.

so far i'm absolutely loving it. thank you anons.
>>
>>52179845
It's a solid choice. Rosewill makes good products, and if anything breaks, you can more-or-less fix it very easily on a mech.

However, if you were to spend around 20 bucks more, you can get a fully programmable and customizable mech, though it'll probably be a TKL.

I agree about LEDS and whatnot. Most people on here seem to hate it, but I'm still a pretty big fan of my old Das Keyboard 4 Pro.
>>
>>52180144
lol u jew numbers boy.
get fukt office monkey
>>
File: UFpSBEf.jpg (452 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
UFpSBEf.jpg
452 KB, 2592x1944
First for topre
The feeling of oneness with cup rubber
>>
>>52180144
i like the numpad, its just that on a full size board its too far
if i could get a keyboard that had the numpad where the arrow keys are that would be prime
>>
>>52180284
I've been working on a custom mech design where the numpad cluster is directly to the right of the main keys cluster. You can swap between the arrows + home/end cluster and the numpad cluster with Num Lock, and it's the same size as a TKL. I think the main downside is that it's going to be pretty ugly, but I don't care much about that. Since it's a DIY, it won't be pretty anyway.
>>
>>52180341
that sounds like it would be great for general use and for work type things
i love tkl but i do have some trouble with programming homework because of the lack of a solid numpad
>>
>>52180341
What, like the CM TK or Duck Lightsaver?
>>
>>52180284
CM Storm QuickFire TK does this
>>
>>52180374
wow those are nice
the duck really looks nice. i would totally love to have that
the cm is pretty nice too but i dont like the led configuration for the num lock and and stuff at the top right
but i bet its great to type on with some new keys
>>
>>52180434
There's also the Cherry G80-1800, of which there are a few customs with a similar layout (the Compact SQ is a recent example, which is just shipping now).
>>
>>52180374
Ah wow, yeah exactly like that. I guess it figures that I wasn't the first to think of that, haha. The only difference in mine is that the second cluster is .5u to the right of the main cluster, leaving a comfortable gap between the two. There's also a few minor changes like the split-button shift and whatnot.
Do people generally think it works well?
>>
>>52180535
>Do people generally think it works well?
It's not especially popular, so I wouldn't say there's any prevailing train of thought. I've heard some people who got a TK speak ill of the layout, but someone who gets a Lightsaver probably knows what they're doing.
>>
>>52180284
well buddy you're in luck

http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/keyboards/quickfiretk/

i also thought about getting something like this but the amount of keys there bothered me so i went with a separate numpad
>>
>>52180820
id get that right now if i could replace the faceplate
but i will get it eventually. i just want something in white. it would go well with my keys
>>
>>52180720
>I've heard some people who got a TK speak ill of the layout

What do you mean? What you see is what you get. I'm interested in what complains people have that you would only notice after using.
>>
>>52180905
I just remember seeing a couple comments saying it was awkward.
>>
>>52179410
up the switch and try to fix it
alternatively take the switch out of a key you dont use, like scroll lock and trade it for the broken one
>>
>>52181039
open up*
>>
>>52181039
Thats good advice, but it was actually just the key cap that is cosmetically damaged. So I want to get a replacement for it.

I could just take a cap off another key, but I like my stuff looking nice.
>>
where can i get a silver or gold leopold fc660 with white keys?
>>
>>52181792
oh i see
then yeah, any alps keyboard should work for keycaps
search for Acer 6312-tw with acer switches but alps compatible keycaps, it's very common and cheap
>>
>>52182195
Thank you.
>>
Can anyone tell me what keyboard this is?
i am talking about the smaller keyboard under the vertical monitor.
Any help would be happily accepted.
>>
>>52182352
Looks like it could be any 60% kb.
>>
>>52182352
If the picture were higher quality, it'd be easier to find out. It looks like a pok3r, so probably either that, the gh60, or the kc60. The keycaps are from the Ducky Mini, but it's not the same base.
>>
File: wgyvr5.jpg (390 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
wgyvr5.jpg
390 KB, 1600x900
>>52182352
Old Ducky Mini, I bet.
>>
Are Alps switches less "floaty" than blues? The springy travel before the click is really starting to make me crazy and I'm not yet willing to shell out for topre

or maybe I'll just get some light linear switch and let the bottom provide the tactility since I hit it every time anyway
>>
>>52182732
I've tried cheap chink simplified ALPS clones, and I generally like the click mechanism better than MX blues. I would say that, yes, they are less "floaty".
>>
>>52182777
cool, thanks. I'll get a sack of matias clicks and see if I like them maybe
>>
>>52180341

So...the Compact SQ?
>>
>>52180491

I ordered one.

Shipped out of Korea on 29th.

Should be arriving here (Japan) any day now.
>>
>>52183313
Did you get a tracking number, or are you just basing that on proximity?
>>
>>52183330

Basing on average shipping time between Korea/Japan. I am also assuming it is by plane and not by super slow boat.

He didn't give out tracking numbers unfortunately.
>>
>>52183357
Yeah, I ordered one too. Canada though, so I am not expecting expediency.
>>
>>52183285
Not really, but I'm a big fan of the separate arrow cluster and how he dropped them down slightly.
Mine would be more like the Duck Lightsaver or CM TK.

I haven't even designed the plate for this one yet, though, it's only in the design stage.

The one that I'm working on now is closer to the 65% keyboard, but it will fit in any 60% case, and is fully programmable. Ordered the plates less than a week ago, using two 2u keys for space also, so it'll be interesting to play around with once it's done.
>>
File: DSC_0062.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0062.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>52183371
>>52183357
>>52183330
>>52183313

Speak of the devil.

The doorbell just rang and look what it was.

Unfortunately O have no filtered fan, so I wont be able to begin assembly for a few days.
>>
>>52179309
More like why are DSA Dolch sets always sold out. I honestly don't fucking get it why keycaps have to be so limited.
>>
>>52183497
Nice!

>I wont be able to begin assembly for a few days
At least unwrap it and take a couple pictures.
>>
>>52183671

I actually just left the house in an excited rush to find a soldering fan. No idea where to look though...
>>
>>52183695
Hah, well, don't let me put a damper on that spirit.
>>
I have some extra money on the side and thought about getting a MX Blue keyboard as successor to my brown switched keyboard.
Are the Majestouch 2 still worth the pricetag or are there any new / better alternatives? 3-4 years ago the filcos were the considered the best but no idea whats the trend nowadays.
>>
>>52183713
The KUL is like a more modern Filco. All the build quality and less overpriced.
>>
>>52179633
>Unless you're an accountant,
or an engineer
>>
>>52183695
You 100% don't need a ventilation fan for a single keyboard d00d

If you're really reall concerned, just sit near the air vent so that it blows some of the fumes away.
>>
>>52183771

Ventilation sucks here. So I figured I'd just get one of those nice filtered fans and not worry about it in the future.

Last time I built a board I just used a normal fan and pointed it out the window.

Normally I would not be concerned, but I am building it in my bedroom which leaves me somewhat uncomfortable.
>>
>>52183963
well, it never hurts to be safe, and it can suck if you end up with a headache from huffing flux. Just wanted to point out that it's not technically necessary, if you were in a rush to build but unable to start.
>>
>>52184019

Yea, I might do like the four corners or something.

Gotta figure out how to do stabilizers too, never put them in anything I built before either.
>>
>DD gateron clears for a few months
>find cherry mx blue board i forgot i had in closet
>the weight of the blues feels so much more solid and the snappy upstroke feels so tight
>fingers get tired as a motherfucker after like 5 minutes
now i remember i got the clears because of my weak-ass babby fingers
>>
>>52184177
clears have greater resistance than blues so idk what';s up
>>
File: rt3200.jpg (16 KB, 359x203) Image search: [Google]
rt3200.jpg
16 KB, 359x203
best keyboard ever.
>>
What would /g/ suggest?
I need about a 3-4inch wrist rest.Im coming from a gaymin leet haxor board i got 10 years ago.I find it hard to type without one on babby's first mech.
I use my keyboard in my lap,in my recliner.
inb4 all your shit storm about my comfy setup.
Just need something to attach to it that will stay sturdy as if it was attached as a solid piece and wont bend up
>>
>>52184338
Buckling spring? Where can I find this?
>>
>>52184395
what about something like this or the related items http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013GAP7S
>>
>>52184437
Thats a good idea.
But my wrists would be above the keyboard,where as im on par or below it.Should have mentioned that aswell.
Thanks though
>>
>>52184416
It's called the IBM SpaceSaver iirc. It's made for rack-mounted servers and gives easier access. We used to have a few at my old job, they're amazing. You might be hard-pressed to find a consumer one, but I know Unicomp makes one called the Endurapro that has the trackpoint setup, and it's probably much cheaper than buying the SpaceSaver
>>
>>52184772
I've never seen an SSK with a trackpoint and mouse buttons.

Also, IIRC, Unicomp is coming out with some sort of 60% or 65% model M type keyboard. I'm hype.
>>
>>52184319
They absolutely don't.
35<50.
>>
>>52184857
They absolutely do. You're thinking of MX reds.
>>
>>52184319
u wot
MX blues are 50g actuation, gateron clears are 35g.
>>
>>52184871
>gateron clears
>>
>>52184871
You literally don't know anything.
Cherry reds are 45.
>>
>>52184825
>Unicomp Model M SSK
I'll believe it when I see it. It's so stupid that they never made one. They sell on Ebay the instant they're listed for at least $250 each. Unicomp could sell a SSK clone for $150 and they'd sell faster than they could produce them. Hell, I'd buy one. I'm convinced that Unicomp is either on the brink of bankruptcy (despite the recent surge in mech popularity), or the guy that runs it is a drug addict and doesn't give a fuck about his business.
>>
>>52184883
NVM, didn't realize we were comparing gateron and mx as well.

>>52184885
I thought they were 35, I guess I was wrong.

>>52184890
Seriously, they're sitting on a gold mine. If they invested in some new tooling and made a modern buckling spring board, they'd be rolling in dough. Does the CEO have some sort of drug addiction?
>>
Is there anything that matches HHKB quality in tenkeyless?
>>
>>52185121
rosewill
>>
>>52184416
Don't know. They wear out kinda fast, so I bought a box full of them on ebay many years ago. I'm on my last one. I probably fucked up posting here. Now I'll never find another one I can afford. I might have to start trying to figure out how to restore them.
>>
>>52185121
What, a plastic plate?
>>
>>52185165
Is Unicomp's repair impractical or sub par? I heard that their tooling and molds are wearing out.
>>
>>52185198
Don't know. I still have all IBM. I will checkout Unicomps replacement. Thanks for the lead.
>>
>>52185121
kul maybe?
i have one and its top notch
>>
When will someone make this with MX switches?
>>
>>52185395
they are out there but are as expensive as balls

one 50/50 related example
>>
So I got my first mechanical keyboard the other day and I wanted to know if there is anyone here that has any experience with it to see how it compares to other MK on the market. So far I absolutely love the experience and cannot imagine going back to a membrane keyboard for my home experience.

I ended up with the monoprice 50 dollar blue switch. Anyone else have this keyboard?
>>
>>52185423
I don't but I think blue switches are a fine choice as they're significantly different from membrane keyboards. I've ended up trying topre, greens, reds, browns, and blues are still my favorite.
>>
what's /g/'s thoughts on the wasd keyboards? they seem to get good reviews, but are pretty pricey. Looking at the mx clears 87 key.
>>
>>52185728
shit quality
>>
>>52185413
They really aren't. There are ergonomic mechs, but nothing like the ergo4k/sculpt
>>
Can I add LEDs to a regular plate mounted cherry switch? Total noob here, just wondering for a future DIY
>>
>>52186189
Yes, it goes through the holes on the bottom of the switch (looking down on it)
>>
>>52186189

If the PCB supports it, yes.

But please note, Cherry MX Lock Switches have an offset LED hole.

They are pretty rare and production ended, so it is probably not something to worry about.
>>
>>52186356
>>52186376
Thank you! I'm assuming same with gaterons/kailh? I kind of want to make a numpad out of the NPKC tester if I can find the massdrop version that someone would be willing to sell, or buy my own switches and see if I can make a wooden case.
>>
File: DSC_0066.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0066.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
So whatcha think, /mkg/?

Soldering it up tomorrow, but I lack LEDs for notification lights.
>>
what switches make least amount of noise? fucken blues wake everyone up in the house.
>>
who elite hacker here
>>
>>52186581
My sausage fingers are happy for you. I loved the MX green on my tester.
>>
File: DSC_0067.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0067.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>52186581
>>
>>52186682
Reds, blacks, browns, clears, topres, silenced topres, rubber dome
>>
Having never used anything but laptop keyboards and rubber domes before, I was gifted a happy hacking pro 2. At first I wasn't especially impressed but now I'm typing on it with it sitting on top of my laptop's keyboard because it just feels fun to press the keys. The sound is obviously much louder than the laptop keyboard, but my girlfriend said she actually prefers hearing it in the background.
I've been a heavy emacs user and have always used other keybindings that avoid f-keys so I don't think I have the same problems with it others might. I was a bit worried about the navigation cluster, but I can't imagine it being a problem now for anyone with normal sized hands. The arrows feel pretty natural, and don't feel that I'm straining my hand uncomfortably at all, event to reach home.end. It's seems like it would be almost impossible to use them in a game because you'd have to constantly take your pinky on and off the fn key at exactly the right time. I don't know why anyone would use the "*+/-" under "hjnm" on the function layer.
Oh, and I've never seen this mentioned anywhere but if you use it in mac mode fn-o/fn-p control screen brightness which comes in handy.
>>
best way to clean sticky switches?
>>
>>52187947
Stop fapping.

Does anyone use alternate keyboard layouts (Dvorak, etc)? Any opinions on these?
>>
>>52188015
Unless you have some very specific reason to, I couldn't recommend using any alternate layout. There is no measurable benefit (or only a marginal one) and you will be gimped using any normal keyboard unless you can retain your Qwerty muscle memory, which people seem not to.
>>
>>52186926
Fuck I'm jealous
What caps are you gonna put on it?
>>
>>52188218

No idea yet.

Wanted something SA but they are all sold out.

Leaning towards getting Deep Space now. That whole keyset is what got me into mechanical keyboards in the first place, and there will be a restock sometime this month.
>>
How do I tell the model m apart from other old IBM mechanicals? There's a model m looking board for $5 on kijiji in my area and I want to make sure it's the real deal
>>
>>52180284
>>52180381
>>52180820
I have a quickfire tk with mx browns and i love it, smaller form factor with all the functionality. Had it for over a year so far, still in use.
>>
File: quickfire-tk.jpg (369 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
quickfire-tk.jpg
369 KB, 1024x683
>>52180846
They make a white quickfire tk
>>
>>52188430
Check the model number on the bottom
>>
>>52186581
>>52186926
What board is it? The layout looks super familiar.
>>
>>52185413
You can probably find some less expensive ones with kailh switches
>>
>>52179633

Just because you're too fucking stupid to type properly doesn't mean nobody needs a tenkey. I'm no accountant, but I love the tenkey block because it's so much faster compared to typing with the normal number row.
>>
>>52188660

Compact SQ

Based off of Cherry G80-1800 series.
>>
I can't believe I fell for this meme. I type way slower and make way more mistakes now, thanks /g/.
>>
>>52188842
I bet you got browns.
>>
File: 1447968523587s.jpg (11 KB, 250x181) Image search: [Google]
1447968523587s.jpg
11 KB, 250x181
are mech keyboards immune to contamination damage from food grease & cum?

pls respond it's important that I find out this information
>>
>>52189144
>cum
just make a sack with your foreskin and cum inside of it, then release it in the toilet

it's not rocket science

>inb4 mad mutilated americans
>>
>>52190181
>tfw I only discovered this recently
>>
>>52190181
>>52190609
You either don't cum much, or have large possibly very elastic foreskin.
>>
>>52190181
I did this the first 2 years of fapping, now i think it's disgusting for some reason.
>>
File: 1446108759202.png (179 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1446108759202.png
179 KB, 500x358
I have a Ducky Shine Zero and it doesn't get recognized by my BIOS or GRUB. It works fine once the Linux kernel takes over, but it means I need to keep a second keyboard around for BIOS stuff or changing which kernel I boot. Is this a known issue, and if so is there a solution?
>>
>>52190984
I know it happens on the hhkb because it's also an USB hub.

does the shine too?
>>
I have the Dolch keyboard in OP's picture. It uses MX cherry blue switches and is a fucking blast to type on. It needs an RJ-11 to whatever-connection-you-want conversion though. Anyone interested in buying it?
>>
DAE like space invaders? My favorite switch type, I'm going to be building a custom 60% using them.
>>
>>52186581
>>52188289
>Wanted something SA but they are all sold out.
>And I am still on the fence about that split spacebar. I want it, but getting keycaps for it will be hell.

Could always get on 7bit's GB if you don't mind waiting forever.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/R6_leftovers
>>
File: sdsdfsdf.png (46 KB, 681x291) Image search: [Google]
sdsdfsdf.png
46 KB, 681x291
>tfw no change in shipping status since yesterday at one in the morning
>>
File: iwarnedu.gif (49 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
iwarnedu.gif
49 KB, 300x100
>>52191762
I love when I get to post this one
>>
>>52191783
But this is the best meme I ever fell for.
>>
Has anyone ordered a custom keycap set from Unicomp? I want to order an all pearl, normally printed keycap set. Would they do that for a reasonable price?
>>
File: Capture.png (13 KB, 693x369) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13 KB, 693x369
>>52191802
I was speaking precisely of the tracking :^)
>>
File: memecase2.png (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
memecase2.png
49 KB, 400x400
I own 3 mechs which i picked up in the following order.

1) razer black widow w/MX blues (double taps "i" and "m"; retired)
2) WASD v2 w/blues (use for typing sometimes)
3) White poker II w/clears, DSA caps. (my favorite, use it for everything.

Not sure where to go from here.
>>
>>52191832
Heh, this is not what I imagined detailed tracking to be like.

It's like they want to make us suffer or something.
>>
>>52191861
protip: the tracking number should work in your local dispatcher site (in my case it's the national post system) once it arrives in your country.

Prepare, however, for "Product not found" rage
>>
Anybody else waiting on their FC60? I don't have the patience to wait till the 23rd for this thing to arrive, so I'm searching about for new purchases, considering buying that new Logitech MX Master (mouse)
>>
>>52191056
The Shine has a PS/2 mode but that doesn't seem to work either.
>>
>>52191847
what made you go with the clears when you were using the blues before? Just wanted to expand beyond the usual or something?
>>
How is the Shine 5? I'm thinking of either ordering it or the CM Quickfire TK.
>>
File: kb05.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
kb05.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>52186745
Non mechanical hacker here. Get fucked mech fags.

>I actually fell for the mech meme and bought a Razor. Worst decision of my life but I like the cool color effects. Going to give it to my brother.
>>
>>52188015
>Any opinions on these?
The problem is hotkeys. I could get used to typing text in Dvorak, but many programs set up their hotkeys with QWERTY in mind. Like how Ctrl-X/C/V is easy, or how vim uses hjkl for movement.
>>
File: 1412991790525.jpg (31 KB, 520x580) Image search: [Google]
1412991790525.jpg
31 KB, 520x580
>>52193966
>bought a Razor
>>
>>52193185

I wanted something more quiet and more tactile.

Clears are nice, although gaming with them takes some getting used to. I definitely noticed the increased resistance for the first few weeks, now I love them for gaming.
>>
>>52193966
STALE
T
A
L
E
>>
File: CAM00177.jpg (896 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
CAM00177.jpg
896 KB, 2560x1920
Unicomp classic
>>
Anyone else using this membrane goddess?
>>
File: s_1.jpg (25 KB, 400x264) Image search: [Google]
s_1.jpg
25 KB, 400x264
>>52195738
forgot pic
>>
>>52195772
I have that at work. Disgusting.
>>
>>52195825
best keyboard by HP to date.
>>
>>52195862
A terrifying thought.
>>
>>52194906
The keyboard's meh, but that's an absolutely amazing keyboard tray, I had that exact same tray at my last job, nearly convinced my boss to let me take it home.
>>
Is the Corsair Strafe RGB any good or any better alternatives at the same price? (MX Browns)
>>
>>52196630
Good for what, an enthusiast typing experience or animated colours?
>>
>>52196707
Typing/Gaming (FPS) and RGB, Don't really like most of the solid LED colors available on most keyboard (gaymen red and blue)
>>
>>52196768
So you don't want to improve your input experience so much as your gaymur cred? You could opt for the K70 for the Al case to impress your mountain dew-swilling compatriots more.
>>
>>52196848
remember, the k70 RGB has the flickering issue with the leds and also isn't as bright as the strafe.
>>
>>52197082
Would idiots actually notice if it was just 512 colours?
>>
>>52197097
They might be idiots, but your eyes can still tell when theres jittery transitions.
>>
>>52196848
Spend $170 on a board with RGB defect.
>>
>>52188614
no this is absolutely impossible to find in the U.S.
>>
>>52198245
It was limited-edition.
>>
>>52198245
Ebay has a seller from the shitposting country. $115 + $36.38 shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/301803106306
>>
How much does massdrop sell the pok3r with clears for?

Not sure if I should wait for another drop or just buy one now for $140
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (233 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
233 KB, 1280x720
>>52198400

I got my poker II with clears on massdrop for $129.

I'd imagine the pok3r will be similar.

Is there anyway to make WASD the arrow keys on the pok3r i wonder? I like the looks of it, but I absolutely love having the arrow keys on the function layer of WASD.

I used the dip switches to turn my caps lock into the Fn button so i always have both WASD and arrow keys under my left hand. Super handy for gaming and even typing/editing text.
>>
>>52198400
I'd just buy one for $140. I don't remember massdrop having any significant deal on the pok3r, plus you end up waiting for quite a while.
>>
>>52198520
>>52198539
Guess I'll go ahead and order now then.

Anyone have pictures of a black/white poker with light gray keys and darker gray modifiers?

Pretty much set on the keycap colors I want, but still can't decide on case color.
>>
File: IMAG0240.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0240.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>52198679
Not exactly what you're looking for but close.

This is my poker 2 with white keys and grey mods.

Pls ignore potato camera.
>>
>>52198765
Thanks anon that's pretty much the look I'm going for. Now I just need to find a black one to compare.

Going through reddit right now and those fucks all have riced out boards with pink keys and shit. Disgusting.
>>
File: IMAG0241.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0241.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>52198882
Yeah I like my boards to be simple/minimalist.

Here's a slightly less potato pic.
>>
Would anyone buy a Northgate OmniKey Ultra without Windows Keys?
>>
>>52199514
What switches does it have?
>>
File: twitter_400x400.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
twitter_400x400.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>52198927
Very nice anon. Blank DSA caps?
>>
File: turntup.jpg (303 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
turntup.jpg
303 KB, 467x700
>>52201896
Yessir. Got them from signature plastics (or pimp my keyboard or whatever the hell it's called).

Got white alphas, and grey mods. Picked up a grey 1x and grey 1.5x for the esc and \ keys so it would be all grey on the sides since I like the look.

Was 40-50 bux I think.
>>
What colour keycaps look nice with a black board?
>>
>>52202426
White.
>>
File: keyboard1.jpg (542 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
keyboard1.jpg
542 KB, 1600x1200
>>52202456
I think this looks nice.
>>
>>52202426
>black
Gross get white
>>
>no arrow keys
How do you even live
>>
File: xboardalpsonv60.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
xboardalpsonv60.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey guys i found this XBOARD keyboard at some chinese guys computer shop for 5 dollars.
I took some of the keys off and put them on my v60.
I'm really enjoying this keyboard.
>>
>>52202910
lololololololool
olollolool
the markets
>>
>>52202910
glorious
but you should turn the e over and use it as a 3
>>
File: 1451430240547.png (569 KB, 588x412) Image search: [Google]
1451430240547.png
569 KB, 588x412
red switches

nordic layout

no gimmicks

give me the best you can offer
>>
>>52203079
No.
>>
>>52203079
are you a Viking?
>>
lol why does filco majestouch 2 cost so much
>>
>>52203079
terrible idea. go with a green switch from cherry instead
>>
>>52203197
why green? they feel like bricks
>>
>>52203206
red feel soulless and green feels like a real mans switch. it takes some getting used to but then it becomes god tier after some time
>>
>>52203211
So deluded
>>
>>52202222
I love blanks. I'm not sure if I want to get a GKK/GDE combo that would match the Granite set, or just black a black set.
>>
>>52203175
Glorious nippon plastic folded over 1000 times
>>
File: cb0parc.png (818 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
cb0parc.png
818 KB, 960x960
I was this close to buying a HHKB with an amazon gift card I got for Christmas.

Spent it on a big comfy serta office chair to replace my cheap 11 year old chair that has lost all semblance of cushioning instead.

How bad did I Fuck up?
>>
Is a mechanical keyboard worth it if your only doing coding? I don't do any gaming.
>>
>>52204041
It has nothing to do with your specific use of a keyboard.
>>
>>52203886
I don't know but that image is terrifying
>>
>>52204053
What matters then? My autism level?
>>
>>52204085
That or your meme level.
>>
How loud are browns/clears? Can they be heard through a door? What about over a mic?
>>
>>52204177
Your mom is LITERALLY going to shoot you in the face over the noise.
>>
>>52204085
It's about FEELING.Mechcanicals,any switch you get,feel way better then standard keyboards.That will correlate to your job,as you will have less finger fatigue then what standard board you have.
Now you have to see if you want cherry mx,meme switches,or knock off switches.
But all of them but buckling will feel better
>>
>>52191670
>Could always get on 7bit's GB if you don't mind waiting forever.

Maybe sometime in the distant future.

Probably just gonna order deep space though.
>>
>>52204177
Not the loudest ones definitely. They're okay, and if you want to make it more silent you can always buy o-rings to it. It can be heard over a mic and probably through a door yeah, if you type furiously. But so can any keyboard be heard through a door or over a mic I'd say... Yea browns are a bit more annoying over a mic than rubberdomes, but not as annoying as any click switch ever. Go for it, don't mind the noise too much. I don't know about clears, but I'd say there's not much of a difference, at least very noticeable.
>>
>>52191762
>>52191832

Means it is on a plane to where ever you live.

Will be a day or two before it updates (longer depending on your countries mail), and it may not update at all when your countries mail service takes over.

Plug the tracking number into your countries mail service site for better tracking in your home country.
>>
>>52204213
Saw the semi-finished product on GH. Lookin' good. Is it just because you haven't screwed the case together that there appears to be a large gap between the top layer and plate?

And isn't Deep Space sold out?
>>
Any machinefags be interested in making backlit pbt keycaps?
>>
File: 1324758095730.png (67 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1324758095730.png
67 KB, 295x221
>>52204262
>machinefags
>>
>>52204295
People that have the means to make plastic.Or 3d print, or cnc keycaps etc etc
>>
>>52204253

It is possible I haven't quite assembled it correctly, but I think that gap is supposed to be there. When a keycap is put it, the top of the case aligns pretty well with it.

Deep Space is also getting a restock this month.
>>
>>52204353
You'd have to double-shot that shit if you want PBT.
>>
>>52204262
>>52204353

People are hand making doubleshot PBT keycaps?

Last I heard it was REALLY hard to do, and only a few companies bothered (like vortex). And those keysets that were made had lots of misprints and misalligns too.
>>
>>52204370
>>52204389
I dont know im asking lol.
The vortex backlit set was all over the place with misaligns.And it seems they are the only company with a backlit set
>>
File: Untitled1.png (2 MB, 1070x808) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
2 MB, 1070x808
Should I get a Corsair Strafe RGB or a Ducky Shine 5? I want an RGB mech keyboard and these seem to be the two best ones. I need my f-keys and number keys so my options are either a 10 keyless or a full keyboard.

Honestly, the Strafe RGB looks fantastic.
>>
>>52204537
>And it seems they are the only company with a backlit set
For good reason.
>>
>>52204622
I want backlit pbt keycaps, who's dick do i gotta suck to get them?
>>
>>52204622
Not asking your personal opinion on the validity of why i chose LED.
>>
>>52204612
Strafe RGB Easy. I got a k70 and three of my friends got strafes and they love them over any other mechanical keyboard they have ever had.
>>
>>52204682
Nor is that in the slightest what I was talking about.
>>
>>52204081
Pepe irl
>>
>>52204682

The good reason is because doubleshot pbt(especially backlit capable) is usually shit.

I mean yea, it lasts forever, but good luck finding a set with interesting schemes like SPs, a good profile like SA, or without a legending error.
>>
Hey lads, could you mention some good old mechs worth looking for?
I'm gonna visit a pc junkyard to try my luck (because poor and getting a mech don't go along well)
>>
>>52204612
RBG is a meme. Either go dim white or non backlist.
>>
>>52194906
Sick keyboard bro
>>
>>52204878
model m and model f
maybe some old as beam springs if you can get them to work with modern pcs
>>
>>52206059
Thanks! How about ALPS? I heard they used to be the most common, are they worth a shot?
>>
>>52206165
if you can find them
in my opinion if you can find any old mechanical board, buckling spring, alps, cherry, its all good
old apple keyboards had alps so look out for those too
>>
>>52204612
Ducky.
Standard bottom row and doesn't have awful software unlike Corsair.
>>
File: ducky realforce.jpg (190 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
ducky realforce.jpg
190 KB, 1200x800
anyone planning on picking up a ducky realforce?
>>
coming here for a little advice /g/, my keyboard just died on me and i need a replacement. I've decided to get a mechanical keyboard, and the CM Storm QuickFire XT seems to fit my needs. Anybody here have any experience with it and what's your recommendation for a good, reasonably priced, mechanical keyboard?

also what color Cherry switch do you prefer and why?
>>
>>52206455
Can't answer the first question, but if I were to rank the cherry switches I've used..

Blue > Brown > Red
>>
>>52206451
What does that have over a normal realforce to justify the higher price tag?
>>
>>52206455
That is a good starter board that will last.
Ive tried the default set.
Using reds now,Black was my 2nd choice if i couldnt find a red version of the board i wanted
Blues were too stiff.Browns felt like i was pressing down on a marshmellow,and it sounded the same.
You'll get used to linear,and if you bottom out all the time when you type,try a linear
>>
>>52206600
>>52206495
aggravating thing is after doing some research i know that years ago we had an IBM model M. kind of wish i still had it lying around
>>
File: pok3r.jpg (344 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
pok3r.jpg
344 KB, 1200x800
So I've been looking at getting a mechanical keyboard and I've decided on MX Blue keys. What do you guys think of this keyboard?
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 466x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 466x345
About to switch from membrane to mechanical, what keyboard to you /g/uys recommend to help me get used to mechs? Pic related is my current keyboard. It's okay.
>>
>>52206859
http://www.amazon.com/Storm-QuickFire-Rapid-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B007VDLVD4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451808102&sr=8-2&keywords=cm+quickfire+rapid
>>
>>52206859
Depending on what keys you get you'll have to adjust differently. The hardest part is learning not to bottom out the keys everytime you type
>>
>>52206884
are you not supposed to bottom out on a mechanical board?
ive been doing that since i got my first one
>>
>>52184395
http://www.corsair.com/en/landing/lapdog
This might suit you.
>>
So I just ordered my first mechanical keyboard yesterday.
Corsair Strafe RGB with Cherry Mx Blue switches.
Anything I should know anons?
Thanks INB4 corsair is for fags
>>
>>52207028
At least not on ones with tactile feedback, I prefer not to bottom it out.
>>
>>52207080
corsair is decent but the software can be a pain to use
>>
>>52207080
Keep the receipt and box since people seem to have issues with the LEDs dying after a couple weeks of use.
>>
>>52195862
It's not HP, it's Chicony. I used it for some time and it's good for a membrane one & looks nice.
>>
>>52206859
my biggest thing I would say as someone that recently switched from membrane to mechanical is that a part of me wishes that I got a 10keyless keyboard. They tend to look way sexier. I did get a 50 dollar blue switch and im freaking loving it so far. Those chicklet keys are gonna feel like bleh after you get used to this.

I am not entirely used to this keyboard but typing on it feels absolutely fantastic. my roomate just tried it and he really enjoyed it
>>
>>52195772
I use that at work and its actually not too bad for a membrane keyboard but I kinda prefer the slimline dell one over this one
>>
/g/ I need help.

I want to buy a board with mx clears and arrow keys, but I can't find a store in australia that sells any boards that have those switches.

Does anybody know of a retailer in australia that sells boards with mx clears?
>>
>>52207731
mechkb, they have a website and an eBay store
>>
>>52207765
thanks a bunch!

I bought a ducky mini from pccasegear and am going to return it because the right shift key has a broken LED, and the right ctrl + alt keys stick badly sometimes.
>>
>>52182732

Much less so. They activate higher up and are more tactile.
>>
>>52191847

My Black widow started double tapping like 3 months in, those damn razer products really are shit, old deathadder's m4 broke from falling on soft carpet from about 1 m height.
>>
>>52184338
i ordered one and the right click button isn't tactile :(
>>
How's the quality on the stock poker 3 case compared to those tex cases?
>>
>>52208030
Going by price they can't be on par
>>
any1 know where can i buy a leopold fc700r with browns?
>>
I figure my odds of getting help here are as good as any, so here goes...

I bought a Unicomp Model M a couple of weeks ago, and it basically shipped broken. Externally, the keyboard looks fine but when plugged in it basically constantly types the letter m until I press another key, after which point the letter m (as well as numerous key combinations with right shift) stops working completely. Now, this problem actually went away for a week with only minimal intervention on my part but now it's back and the keyboard is basically unusable.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be? I have popped the keycap and everything looks fine.
>>
>>52208618
Why didn't you return it in the first week
>>
>>52208850
I just moved halfway across the world and returning it immediately was not feasible, especially with it shipping so close to christmas.
>>
File: 1448505538226.gif (298 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1448505538226.gif
298 KB, 200x150
>>52195772
total shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.