[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://blog.randi.io/2015/12/31/the -developer-formerly-known-as-freebs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13
File: randi.png (309 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
randi.png
309 KB, 600x549
http://blog.randi.io/2015/12/31/the-developer-formerly-known-as-freebsdgirl/
Randi does it again!
>They later published a Code of Conduct, which went so far as to use the term "meritocracy"
Is programming a meritocracy, /g/?
>>
>>52178244
>support network
>I don't feel safe
>I'm scared because some guy insulted me on my turf
How do these women even function?
I can guarantee you this is the worst thing that has ever happened in her sheltered life.
>>
>>52178466
She sold her son for meth though.

But yes, she's harassing people who are far more relevant to FreeBSD than her, like people who actually maintain ports instead of contributing one line fixes to an installer which hasn't been used in like 5 years.
>>
>>52178493
She would have contributed more if the environment wasnt so toxic, shitlord.
>>
>>52178244
Her look is a diagnosis.
>>
File: 1385127278502.jpg (164 KB, 641x960) Image search: [Google]
1385127278502.jpg
164 KB, 641x960
>>52178244
>http://blog.randi.io/2015/12/31/the-developer-formerly-known-as-freebsdgirl/
>During this same conversation, they actually said “maybe you should be nicer.” Literally. Said. That. To. Me.

Good. Perhaps if she wasn't a complete waste of fucking valuable space and had an ounce of self-awareness she would have got on better.
>>
>Is programming a meritocracy, /g/?
No.
>>
File: Equality.png (14 KB, 720x284) Image search: [Google]
Equality.png
14 KB, 720x284
>>52178244

They don't like meritocracy because they know they're inadequate.
>>
>>52179949
lol that entire line just reeks of "I'm buttmad"

How could they say that to her??!?!?!?!

Also maybe FreeBSD doesn't want her to use that fucking name because they don't want to be associated with some meth head hambeast.
>>
>10. Publicly stand behind the women in your community, or eventually they will leave and write a post just like this.
So she's pretty much saying that they're never supposed to kick women off the project no matter what they do? Women get a free pass when men don't?

Seriously thou, Randi Harper moaning about Twitter abuse is basically a textbook case of throwing stones at glass houses...
>>
Who cares? People like this are a minority of women in tech positions. Any women I've worked with were stable and professional, and preferred to keep personal politics separate from their jobs.

There's no point in giving attention to these type of people, because then you're just proliferating their nonsense.
>>
>>52180888
The point is people like her are dangerous because for whatever reason they do have some sort of influence.

Literally no one cares about the 3 sysadmin women. And that's because they do their job instead of complaining.
>>
>>52180888
The thing is that they unfortunately have a very big audience in people who will take everything they say as gospel. It's the same thing as with Donald Trump, ignoring him is pretty much useless.

Randi Harper trying to label herself as an "anti-abuse activist" is like Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso trying to label himself as an "anti mafia violence activist".

In case you've never heard of Anthony, we're talking about a pretty brutal guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Casso
>>
>>52180919
>The point is people like her are dangerous because for whatever reason they do have some sort of influence.

No they don't. Give people more credit than that. Most people are going to see through this kind of bullshit and dismiss it for what it is.

>>52181054
>The thing is that they unfortunately have a very big audience
>"The boogeyman is everywhere, man!"

And therein lies your agenda. You clearly have no idea what goes on in the real world. You can't base your sociological views on some bullshit you see paraded around your college campus.
>>
>>52181054
Anytime, ANYTIME you give them attention, they win. Anita only became famous because of all the negative attention she got from people like you.

"B-but other people are paying attention! I don't matter!" Fuck you that's what everybody thinks. The more people we can get to ignore the people who scream for attention, the quicker they'll starve to death. Media only reports stuff that gains an audience. We're the audience, so we need to just stop.
>>
>>52180888
>you're just proliferating their nonsense
That's the point of it.

Otherwise, statements like
>they do have some sort of influence
would sound absurd even to those who actually believe in the whole SJW boogeyman shtick.
>>
>>52178493
>She sold her son for meth though.
?? is this just something you say? Or is there evidence?
>>
>>52181409
it's mostly a joke but she did abandon her child

and she did this weird thing where she pretended to be him on twitter and conversed with herself
>>
>>52181409

It's in here somewhere:

http://www.breitbart.com/tag/randi-harper/
>>
>>52181269

This. I ignored this thread until I saw this reply, and you hit it spot on. People are only famous because you make them famous. I stopped paying attention to SJWs and anti SJWs, and I realized that they have no influence at all.

I have no idea what Anita is doing these days, but I'm not concerned at all. Giving these type of people attention is the last thing anyone should do.
>>
>>52181485

>hey guise, lets just tell the media to ignore isis, that will make them go away
>>
>>52181529
>ISIS and SJWs are both terrorist organizations that murder people, but not before torturing them first in gruesome ways

Seriously, calm down anon. And you should stop paying attention to the media as well. Notice how the Hillary Clinton email scandal blew over so fast? The media is not your friend, and it's better living without it.
>>
>>52181584

Being ignorant does not mean you're fighting the problem. Anita and Quinn got to the fucking U.N. for god's sake. Admittedly, they were laughed outta there, but still. That's scary for a bunch of nutters.
>>
>>52181529
Come on, at least debate him in good faith.
>>
>>52181633
>Being ignorant does not mean you're fighting the problem.

You don't get it, do you? The very fact that we are discussing them right now shows that negative press is what feeds them! People like you are what made Anita this famous, and not reacting to them is what will make them not matter.
>>
>>52181437
>links to breitbart

Not saying it's ergo definitely untrue but you might as well cite North Korean propaganda posters as source for statements regarding the USA.
>>
>>52181672

Even if I were as ignorant as you and ignored the media it wouldn't make a difference. Your suggestion is highly moronic. These people obviously still exist and will continue to exist because up until now there hasn't been a counter to their idiotic narrative.

"People like you" are the problem in this world. You'd rather not bother to do anything and seek refuge in your ignorance and then attack other people for not being as lazy.

It's you who doesn't get it.
>>
>>52181529
Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>52181745

You can fact check if you like. But, that's too much trouble rather than just dismissing it outright, eh?
>>
File: QzAgAal.jpg (33 KB, 572x587) Image search: [Google]
QzAgAal.jpg
33 KB, 572x587
>>52178244
Read the blog. Began to feel sorry for the future of mankind
>>
Has the freebsd group responded? Why did she post this on new years?
>>
>>52181766

Nice argument Cletus.
>>
>>52181757

We're not getting anywhere at all. I'm done here, you win.
>>
>>52181811

Thanks. Can't argue with reason eh?
>>
>A week later, I received an email from this person threatening to involve the FreeBSD Foundation lawyers if I didn’t change my username immediately.
kek
>>
>>52178244

She seems like someone who found a way to game the system.

If you want to critique anyone, it should be the suckers who dole out donations to people like these.
>>
>>52181633
>fighting the problem
Are you this politically involved and enraged when it comes to people like Donald Trump or lobbyists for corporations whose goals and intentions include the suffering and exploitation of everyone but the top 1%? These people have power and they're using it. They are not only influential, they are actually making changes as you read this.

Contrast that to some looney niche media cunts who want to make video games or ask video game developers to maybe perhaps write better characters. Boo fucking hoo. Even if they had their way, let's just imagine this for a second, what are you even afraid of? Book burning style banning of video games that aren't diverse enough? Everyone being forced to dye their hair blue? Or what dystopian nightmare exactly are you dreaming up is going to happen?
>>
>>52181779
Good job ignoring the point.
>>
>>52181811
Never forget, this is Sparta. The most aggressive, emotionally charged poster wins.
>>
>>52181978
>Book burning style banning of video games that aren't diverse enough?
not him, but this is literally what they want
they don't want any new games to be produced ever again if it doesn't feature every single thing from their ever growing diversity and privilege checklist.

That unwritten list, mostly perpetuated by people who don't play video games, precludes most things you would consider to be good gameplay mechanics, and that include the very idea of "fun".
>>
>>52181779
you and milo have the burden of proof for your bullshit claims, but nice try, kid.
>>
>>52182174
Milo looked it into and found the rumours of her selling her kid for meth were false.

Maybe if you spent one minute of reading, you would have known this.
>>
ayy lmao..
another internet drama.
FreeBSD drama after Ian drama..
>>
>>52181802
They can't stand her anymore but they can't do anything about it either. I think that's the general consensus.
>>
>>52181978
>Book burning style banning of video games that aren't diverse enough
Book burnings are passive activities. Shaming and restricting authors to only create "allowable" content is already happening.

> but this removes toxic content

It's not your job to police media. We had enough of that shit with Tipper Gore in the 1980s.
>>
>freeBSD

Who cares? I use Linux.
>>
>>52178244
>http://blog.randi.io/2015/12/31/the-developer-formerly-known-as-freebsdgirl/
She almost seemed like a decent person suffering from harassment until she went full SJW.
>>
isn't she a known troll and associate of computer criminals? : /

unsavory
>>
>>52182602
>FreeBSD drama after Ian drama..
Is FreeBSD suicide?
>>
File: 53093739_p0[1].png (286 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
53093739_p0[1].png
286 KB, 800x600
>>52181793
>tfw I didn't let that nigga down
>>
>>52182000
>>52182174
>Don't look into post
>Just call bullshit
Worse than the person you're trying to post against. Just saying.
>>
>>52181672
It doesn't matter that theyre beong discussed here. What matters is they get discussed in The Guardian and on the front pages of reddit, fed book and all theplaces the hipsters and normies hang out. If you forgot wizard chan never did anything to quinn but as far as the casual observer knows they did. Why? Because they and their friends said so.
>>
>>52183227
would randi neck herself?
>>
>>52182862
She is not a decent person. Not in any way.
>>
File: randis_dog.jpg (6 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
randis_dog.jpg
6 KB, 310x163
>>52184195
Sadly a true sign of a mental disorder
Randi that is, not the dog
>>
File: rice-v-harper.png (108 KB, 591x461) Image search: [Google]
rice-v-harper.png
108 KB, 591x461
>>52184195
>She is not a decent person. Not in any way.
Seems to be the case anon.
>>
>>52184300
The look of that poor dog
;_;
>>
>>52184300
how was she not prosecuted for animal abuse
>>
>>52185553
girl power
>>
>free BSD

What do you even do on free BSD that makes it better than linux?
>>
>>52185793
it's mostly preference

all BSDs have good documentation, everything feels cohesive

i like openbsd a lot
>>
>>52185553
it's not abuse if a girl does it. - "Ian Murdock"
>>
File: 230578939045.png (432 KB, 577x574) Image search: [Google]
230578939045.png
432 KB, 577x574
>>
>>52178466
I remember when I was in elementary school I had to constantly find alternate routes home because I would get jumped regularly by the local bully.
>>
>>52181745
You are now aware that Andrew Breitbart cofounded the huffington post.
>>
>>52178244
fucking finally.
>>
>>52182862
She was one of the biggest anti-feminists to the point of being really fucking abusive until she flipped the sjw switch.

It's so weird, I've argued with her for the last 7-8 years, first from her being abusive and right of me then from her being abusive and left of me.

really she just joins the side that gets away with abuse.
>>
>>52185793
pf > iptables
zfs > ext
>>
>if we ignore it, it will go away

Sorry to disappoint you, but no, people are obviously NOT seeing through all this bullshit, just look where ignoring them has brought this problem, they get pulled in as "advisors". People actually start to think randi harpbag and other coder hipster / special snowflakes know anything about tech or programming

On top of that, if such bullshit is not called out, people like her (him?) are working their "e celeb" agenda to fool more people and cash in

>everyone look at me, I'm the voice of diversity
Spoiler: they are not

Besides that, they already get free passes on bullying people
>>
While thing reminds me of back when I was in high school
Zero tolerance policy meant that if I hit the people smacking me around, I'd get thrown out for a few days to a week, but they'd get away with murder because they just toed the line of what they could do

Not tech related, but still makes me feel even 4-5 years later
>>
>>52186191
>but they'd get away with murder because they just toed the line of what they could do
how is this even remotely comparable to getting roughed up?
>>
>>52186095
This just in: methheads are shitbags. More at 11
>>
>>52186109
>pf > iptables
nftables is the new standard, retard, so at least make a fair comparison.

>zfs > ext
Completely different use cases.
>>
>>52180206
/thread
>>
>>52181633
>Anita
>Twitter feminists
>scary
Are you quite literally retarded?
Do you still check under your bed for the boogeyman?
>>
>>52186323
Have you checked in at Mozilla lately?

Or github?
>>
>>52186241
Really they just cloned pf, but anyways people that use freebsd have used it for years and historically those were the 2 reasons. zfs is fucking baller.

That being said, I am a centos guy, only use freebsd to do some networking.
>>
Why is it always a fat or ugly bitch?
Not even 'hur personal preference in looks', it's always fat or ugly women who parade this shit. Why? Am I racist? Do I like fat shaming? Fuck yes, but that's beside the point.
>>
>>52186513
to be fair a good portion of male hobbyist software devs aren't much to look at either
you just don't notice it as much because you don't normally pay attention to how attractive males are
>>
>>52178244
literally who
>>
>>52186536
Fair point.
I was more or less questioning that most people stirring the pot are my previously mentioned individuals, but I never thought of it that way.
>>
File: 4L_9N7fAvzG.jpg (473 KB, 1535x2048) Image search: [Google]
4L_9N7fAvzG.jpg
473 KB, 1535x2048
>>52178244
>ignore all women
>do not hire women
>do not take women seriously
>never apologize to women

Women are the ones who create a "toxic" environment because they can't compete at the same level as men and they can't take the banter. 2015 woman of the year was a man. 2015 trans meme proved men are even better at being women than women are. Women will always try to lower the standards because they can't compete and this is bad for society as a whole. This is what leads to a firewoman unable to carry you out of a burning building because she couldn't meet the physical requirements for the job. Men on the other hand are always competing and always raising the standards. In sports, a world sjws have yet to ruin, you see true meritocracy and it's a great thing. No one is forcing the Lakers to have a 5ft tall blue haired womyn dykebeast to play point guard because that would be a fucking joke. Also in sports no one is denying you to get in. If you have the fucking skills you get to play in the NBA. No one is crying that basketball teams don't have enough diversity. If a woman was good enough they would probably let her play but we all know that a woman will never be good enough. Women need to stick to what they are good at, looking pretty, making babies, and staying the fuck out of the way while men do real work. That's the other thing too is all these women are wasting their child bearkng years getting womyns studies masters degrees and working for sjw non-profits when they should be reproducing. Having children in your 30s and 40s is the feminist lie that is increasing autism and birth defect rates.
>>
>muh sjw
>>
File: 4L_cFrenBEN.jpg (157 KB, 1536x1025) Image search: [Google]
4L_cFrenBEN.jpg
157 KB, 1536x1025
>>52186513
Fat women have higher testosterone.
>>
>>52186536
male hobbyist software devs don't spend all day on twitter bemoaning perceived slights against their character, constructing a cathedral of anxieties and paranoias about their social worth and value, desperately leveraging a sense of victimhood into social currency for the sole purpose of reminding others that they exist and are really, really serious about fighting the good fight, while still in paralyzing fear of any possible change to the status quo that would drop their social value to its true quantity of zero. forgive them lord, for they know not what they do.
>>
>>52186851
that's also true

so, can we agree that crazy sjw drug addicts are not technology?
>>
File: 0000n-kanpai.jpg (20 KB, 633x353) Image search: [Google]
0000n-kanpai.jpg
20 KB, 633x353
>>52186880
I think we can agree to that. Kanpai! To a new year, wherein we cast off the shackles of the social media virus and return to The True Way.
>>
I've always found it amazing how women manage to derail every legitimate scientific effort with their petty social politics. These bitches need to get back to the kitchen so we can go back to focusing on solving real problems instead of figuring out which big meanie caused one of these stupid bitches limbic systems to over-react this time during their menstrual cycle.

I hope we can continue to keep women out of tech. They're fucking useless and get praise for essentially nothing.
>>
>>52184300
poor doge.
this fucking whale should hang herself.
but I doubt a rope could withstand her weight...
>>
>>52187465
>but I doubt a rope could withstand her weight...
no, but it only has to be stronger than her neck
>>
>>52182862
>>52184195
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koYYqY-Ms38

Social justice is helluva drug.
>>
>>52181485
>I stopped paying attention to SJWs and anti SJWs, and I realized that they have no influence at all.
This x100. They will literally tell you that it is your privilege to opt out of caring. So I do.
>>
>>52187121
This right here.

They always try to get as much attention as possible, not standing in the spotlight probably feels like harassment to a lot of them...
>>
>>52178244
>Is programming a meritocracy, /g/?

you have heard of management, correct?

>consulting master race
>>
>>52181425
>she did this weird thing where she pretended to be him on twitter and conversed with herself

Where can I read her breakdown?
I presume she deleted it
>>
>>52191631
look up freebsdson
>>
File: bsd-daemonette.00_m.jpg (28 KB, 336x448) Image search: [Google]
bsd-daemonette.00_m.jpg
28 KB, 336x448
>the-developer-formerly-known-as-freebsdgirl
Who is this and why is she trying to be Ceren Ercen?
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.