[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMD Zen APU Featuring HBM Spotted – 128GB/S Of Memory Band
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: shitwrecker.png (400 KB, 816x1020) Image search: [Google]
shitwrecker.png
400 KB, 816x1020
AMD Zen APU Featuring HBM Spotted – 128GB/S Of Memory Bandwidth And Large On-Board GPU

http://wccftech.com/amd-zen-hbm-apu-spotted/

Intel is finished, firing workers and selling their fabs as I type this.
>>
>>52176827
If that's true they might as well just give up on the low-end.

The only thing holding back AMD's APUs is low bandwidth which is why Intel's EDRAM works so nicely with their own IGPs.

If AMD releases chips with 1GB of onboard HBM VRAM Intel is done for.
>>
File: 1288030360416.png (15 KB, 674x433) Image search: [Google]
1288030360416.png
15 KB, 674x433
>>52176827
>>52176994

AMD had better not fuck this up. With certified shitwrecker Keller involved I'm quietly optimistic.
>>
>>52176827
>shitwrecker.png
my last hope on AMD, holding on my i3-4150 for almost a year now, if Zen doesnt deliver i might go full Jewtel route ;_;
>>
File: Certified Shit Wrecker.jpg (421 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Certified Shit Wrecker.jpg
421 KB, 1680x1050
This really makes me moist, tiny wii u sized pc´s that could do 1080p video editting properly

hold me holly shit
>>
>>52176827
>HBM ON BOARD
It's OVER INTEL IS DESTROYED.
nvidia will be buttblasted on low end platforms
>>
>>52177442

I was holding onto a Phenom 1100T for a long time with an 890GX motherboard. I upgraded my graphics card from a 550Ti to a 290.

As it turns out, if it's not a 900 series chipset, then you will sometimes end up with a complete lockup. Audio stops, video freezes, no blue screen, not even anything will show up in event viewer signifying that something happened other than that the computer had been shut down unexpectedly when you held the power button down for five seconds.

It was a huge pain in the ass for several months but I wasn't about to change motherboards to the current dogshit lineup of 990FX motherboards and for a long time I was waiting for AMD to come out with something but it got to be too much so I switched to Intel.

It sucks, but what am I supposed to do, have a completely unstable computer for over a year while AMD gets its shit together? I'll keep buying their graphics cards to support them and maybe after five more years, I'll get one of their CPU's too.
>>
Bought 150 shares in AMD yesterday... what does this mean for me?
>>
>>52176994
The nature of hbm stacking ensures the more ram they add the faster it goes (also ensues you have multiples of 4 for quantity, which is why the fury x only has 4GB because next step up may be faster but it would be 16GB
>>
>>52178558
HBM2 (which they would most likely be using with this) doubles density and data rate. Half the chips, same throughput and total RAM.

Also 8GB would be the next step up, not 16.
>>
File: mad keks.png (170 KB, 485x749) Image search: [Google]
mad keks.png
170 KB, 485x749
>>52177388
>certified shitwrecker
>>
>>
>>52176827
>wccf
Yeh. No.

There is NO doubt that AMD will feature HBM on Zen APUs. They would be stupid not to. But not a word of what WCCF spews out will be anywhere close to fact.
>>
>>52178959
Why not actually reading their source instead of the kneejerk reaction?
>>
>>52178981
Because their "source" is usually a clone site of theirs, or a site even less reputable than they are.
>>
Why don't they just focus on making CPUs that actually beat Intel's in terms of CPU power, and why are they always trying to set their GPUs apart from nvidia's in some way or another. Why not make their GPUs more efficient for nvidia software, like gameworks, nvidia obviously tries to hold back amd in most games. But what if amd would just make their gpus work better with gameworks? Only thing nvidia could be able to do is actually force devs to make their games run like shit when it detects amd hardware, but as that would either be illegal or easily bypassed by amd, they would actually profit more by making theit gpus support nvidia software better.
>>
>>52179557
Thank God almighty you have a trip.
>>
>>52179570

I am amazed how much of a retard he really is - I thought /v/ was bad but christ recently /g/ is worse.
>>
>>52179570
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>52179577
From the trip. I would assume the fag is a /pol/ resident mainly.
>>
File: antonomous.png (93 KB, 289x212) Image search: [Google]
antonomous.png
93 KB, 289x212
it's like pottery
the trip makes it perfect
>>
>>52177807
>As it turns out, if it's not a 900 series chipset, then you will sometimes end up with a complete lockup. Audio stops, video freezes, no blue screen, not even anything will show up in event viewer signifying that something happened other than that the computer had been shut down unexpectedly when you held the power button down for five seconds.

That's a known issue with AMD's r9 200 series. Have to overvolt, force constant voltage, and disable ULPS.
>>
File: 1451471487313.png (357 KB, 397x402) Image search: [Google]
1451471487313.png
357 KB, 397x402
>people not knowing that's slower than Intel's l3 and l4 cache

/g/ is dead.
>>
>>52179699
No, way!? DRAM IS SLOWER THAN SRAM!?

Holy thanks anon, mind getting a trip yourself?
>>
>>52179699

>broadwell besting skylake for vidya

This is why Intel are basically limiting supply of broadwell. That fuckoff chunk of L4 cache goes a long way.

>>52179723

Its not like other anon understands the differences between how AMD and Intel go about their integrated graphics either.
>>
>>52178106
$$$
>>
>wccftech
>>
>>52179557
>Why don't they just make it better guis
>why not just make it more gameworks efficient
>what is closed source
>le just make it le better

This has to be fucking bait
>>
>>52179557
first off, amds current desktop cpu the 8350 does beat intel in terms of power, multi core, at stock speeds, the new cpus will beat or match haswell at single core, we don't know multicore efficiency yet because if its as good as bulldozer was, fuck... intel would be screwed.

as for amd and nvidia, amd has to reverse engineer gameworks every fucking new game that comes out, they can't do it right away, but over time you already see amd cards as being the better way to spend your money.
>>
>>52179699

Good Goy!
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.