[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /g/, its 2016 now. I need to learn how to use IRC. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1442388646624.jpg (49 KB, 480x364) Image search: [Google]
1442388646624.jpg
49 KB, 480x364
Alright /g/, its 2016 now. I need to learn how to use IRC. I must know how. I've done a little reading on it. What your beginner advice?
>>
lrn2protocol NETIQUETTE
>>
>>52175982
>What your beginner advice?
Google
>>
>>52175982
Just download an easy IRC client for beginners
>>
you're late to the party, but check out sunxdcc.com for all your irc needs
>>
>>52176002
>Obvious nigger is obvious.
I care to hear /g/ opinions. Not random google listed pages' advice.
>>
>>52175982
Why did they shoop Bill Cosby there?
>>
>>52176061
>sunxdcc.com

not irc.netsplit.de
>>
https://www.rizon.net/chat channel: 4chan
Get in here faggot.
>>
File: YONIGGAWTF.png (3 KB, 973x65) Image search: [Google]
YONIGGAWTF.png
3 KB, 973x65
>>52176133
>>
Good servers:
irc.rizon.net (go to #4chan )
chat.freenode.net (have all sorts of computer and science related channels like ##linux, #bash, #ubuntu, ##math)

Good client for linux: Weechat

If you have never used IRC before then you need to read the user guide. To do stuff like setting up the servers, connecting to them, registering your nick (many places like #4chan won't let you speak unless you are registered), and joining channels with /join #channel.

You can get all sorts of help by the developers at #weechat, they answer quite fast there I have noticed. And give good tips. You should go to #weechat on freenode and just ask how to "set up" the client. And you will get good advice.

For windows, I don't know. Haven't used IRC on windows since the 90's when i used mIRC.
>>
>>52176272
>Good client for linux: Weechat
Why is it better than irssi?
>>
>>52176078
Whats so hard about IRC.I am a nigger and even I figured it out the moment I installed an IRC client.
>>
>>52176323
I don't know IRSSI, just know weechat and it's good. Irssi might be better for you, but I don't know if they have as good support and so on. they look pretty similar. You of course can also set up autojoin function on the servers so you automatically join. And after registering you need to "identify yourself by writing.

/msg NICKSERV identify <then your password>

That can also be automatically done... A little time to set up and then you're golden.
>>
File: 1449973049756.jpg (215 KB, 1264x1460) Image search: [Google]
1449973049756.jpg
215 KB, 1264x1460
Last time I was using irc 10 years ago but as far as I remember if you do not use any kind of vpn or vps other people can see you ip
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.