[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Fonts. In particularly monospace fonts, and the rare and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 22
File: fonts.png (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
fonts.png
7 KB, 250x250
ITT: Fonts.

In particularly monospace fonts, and the rare and based monospace unicode fonts. Or the so-called "programmer" fonts. Though, I don't really program. I just like to quickly and easily organize and compare stuff to make everything easier.

I know a lot of people like to avoid talking about this or think that after all this time we would already have flawless fonts needed: but we don't. At least not for me. And I think there may be others.

Instead of asking "what's the best font" I'll just say what I'm going to use; so it can be accepted, or other suggestions can be made. I'm going to use [GNU] Unifont 12 for most things from now on.

The main issue is that sometimes I have to work with things in other languages. I would like them to at least be monospaced. If the font can't render the character: it makes a square block that's not monospace. If it wasn't for that then I wouldn't have to do this. But that's the reality.

tl;dr: I'm looking for a monospace unicode font and the best 1 I've font so far is [GNU] Unifont.
>>
Before I begin with additional posts: I'd like to say that this probably won't make any sense to a lot of people. They're personal notes I'm sharing and don't follow any convention. So they probably only make sense to me. But I still feel the need to post everything; In case anyone has questions, or wants to know more about it.

tl;dr: What I'm posting probably only makes sense to me; But I decided to post it anyway.
>>
Here's some fonts tested and some extremely short tl;dr notes about them.

Font              |Note
Arial |not mono or uni
Arial Unicode MS |not uni
Times New Roman |not mono or uni
courier New |not uni
Fixedsys |not uni
Fixedsys Excelsior|uni brk in NP
DejaVuSans Mono |uni brk in NP
[GNU] Unifont |bitmapped

Also I looked up the fonts to see what gets the most results. I'm assuming what gets more results is more popularity accepted. So, it may be better to work with in that sense, too.

Font               |Look-up Results
"fixdsys excelsior"|3,850
"gnu unifont" |40,100
"dejavu sans mono" |75,300
"dejavu sans" |187,000

By the way: I'm pretty sure everyone knows what search engine I used to look this up. So I don't feel the need to mention it. They don't need anymore advertising.
>>
Also I know I have a lot to say here so the whole thing's "tl;dr". But there's "tl;dr" notes at the end of all of them. So there's no excuse not to read it. I've thought about this for a long time. I always put this off. I always thought the answer would just come. But it doesn't. So. I'm going to solve this issue once and for all. I'm going to bring closure.

tl;dr: tl;dr I have a lot to say but put tl;dr's everywhere; So there's no excuse not to read it.
>>
Also I know inb4 "weeaboo" or "commie". I love English or "American" as my mother tongue and basically 1st and only language. It's just that there's special cases where foreign characters are necessary. Otherwise everything is uneven and disorganized and can't easily be managed; Defeating the purpose of everything. So I don't hate English at all; And I'm not trying to fight against it at all; And, judging by the difficulty of being able to use multiple languages with even 1 font in multiple programs: English has already won. So you don't need to worry about all that. It's alright. Please understand.

Also I know inb4 "oh you're trying to make this a thing!", "you're trying to force your opinions on everyone!", "you're trying to make this the 'official' 'anon' '/board/' opinion on everything!". I am not. I'm not trying to make this a thing, force my opinions on anyone, or make this an "official" or "forced opinion" thing. To be honest: I just find it difficult to find fonts, or to be able to do what I want to do easily, personally.

tl;dr: I hope that everyone doesn't get mad - and - I hope that you don't take it wrong. Please understand.
>>
File: nani kore.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nani kore.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
dude what
>>
Something that I don't like about "[GNU] Unifont" is that it is "bitmapped"-based. So that basically means you're limited to like size "12" or size "24": Or the font doesn't look right. But maybe that's also the same reason that it's the only 1 to work in notepad: where "dejavu sans mono" and "fixedsys excelsior" failed to render unicode fonts correctly or display unicode fonts at all. Again: in notepad.

tl;dr: [GNU] Unifont isn't perfect but nothing is; And, judging by these tests: it's the best overall.
>>
Also one of the main reasons I chose [GNU] "Unifont" is because I have no other choice. It's the only 1 that works in notepad. If I choose any other font like "DejaVu Sans Mono" or "Fixedsys Excelsior": it doesn't work. They can't render the characters properly in notepad for some reason. Only [GNU] "Unifont" can do this.

I do use "Notepad++". I use Notepad++ in particularly for files that I keep open all the time and use a lot. But it's still a pain to use. It's difficult to desperately look thru tabs that you can't wheel thru when dealing with lots of documents and data. Meanwhile, if you just use Notepad: you can literally click the icon and browse thru all your quick notes and documents, and find what you're looking for: in like 2 seconds.

So I guess a program like "Notepad+" that was basically exactly like notepad but "free software" or "open source" or even just something that let you edit the window with 3rd-party programs would be good. But that remains to be seen. So I guess it doesn't exist.

tl;dr: [GNU] Unifont is the only font that displays unicode characters properly (or at all) in notepad.
>>
Of course, what I don't like about notepad, or any ms windows programs in particular: they're difficult to deal with. Like: I'll use special window editing programs and it'll work for basically all windows like firefox, chromium, notepad++, etc.. But: if I try to bring it up for ms windows programs like notepad, explorer, etc.: you can't do it. It all has to be edited manually. A pain.

I guess you could say "use gnu linux". But: easier said than done. I have windows programs I have to run and my computer isn't really suited to be basically running 2 operating systems over relatively minor problems with ms windows. And I'm poorfag so I can't afford a computer that does. If I had money: yes. I don't have money, so: no.

tl;dr: Also notepad and ms windows programs aren't that good but can't really find any alternatives; And I can't use gnu linux right now because reasons.
>>
That and when I did listen to Anon and try gnu linux: I get them mad about "YOU ALREADY HAD IT WORKING YOU FUCKING MORON!!". Like I didn't already know that. Like I wasn't being nice and following their advice. So I guess that's why people don't like or use gnu linux. And why I'm not using it. Maybe when the community is more helpful, less toxic, and less self-destructive, or if I have money. Oh well.

tl;dr: I can already do almost everything in ms windows and I don't get help as it is without having to worry about getting no help with a completely new operating system that's being used for no reason.
>>
I'm done.
>>
File: 100.jpg (21 KB, 244x207) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
21 KB, 244x207
>>52988797
>dude what

dude what
>>
I ran your wall of text through a text summarizer and all I got was that you like GNU Unifont.

Please learn to stop being so autistic.
>>
>>52988844

I ran your shitty wall of text through a text summarizer and all I got was that you like being so autistic.

Please learn to stop being so autistic.
>>
You know. I'm still disappointed that the font replacement I've found isn't perfect. I was kind of hoping to find a better 1. Or a relatively "perfect" 1. But it doesn't exist. Oh well. Anyway.
>>
You know. To me this is kind of a big deal because I've used "Lucida Console" 10 in notepad for a very long time now.

Also to a lesser extent "Courier New" 10 in Notepad++.

So.

Rest in peace, Lucida Console.

Rest in peace, Courier New.

Thank you.
>>
File: kona.jpg (55 KB, 403x396) Image search: [Google]
kona.jpg
55 KB, 403x396
>>52988910
I'll suggest a better font replacement but only if you give a satisfactory answer to this question.

What's your favorite anime and who is your favorite anime character?
>>
The font 'Hack' has very decent coverage. More things are covered than DejaVu
>>
Continue OP i'm interested.
>>
>>52988953
i'm interested and aroused so this is doubly exciting for me
>>
>>52988966
dude what
>>
>>52988943
aw fuck i'm retarded. Most of those glyphs are falling back to 'source code pro' which has better glyph coverage. They look very similar though.

FontConfig is pretty smart I guess
>>
I'd like a decent monospace font with slab serifs.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>52988980
you fucking heard me keep talking and don't judge me.
>>
>>52988779
>The main issue is that sometimes I have to work with things in other languages. I would like them to at least be monospaced. If the font can't render the character: it makes a square block that's not monospace. If it wasn't for that then I wouldn't have to do this. But that's the reality.

Fixedsys Excelsior then. It varies width depending on the language, but that's required, some languages just can't fit. It's the most consistent I found myself. It's bitmap though, but its natural boldness make me not want to change its size for it remains very readable at any distance.

>>52988800
>It's difficult to desperately look thru tabs that you can't wheel thru when dealing with lots of documents and data

Right click+scrolling does just that.

Also Settings menu > Preferences item > General tab > Document Switcher group > Show tickbox.
>>
Sazanami Gothic is a sexy font
>>
>>52988779
The best is Inconsolata, but as usual how good a font looks has way more to do with your system's font kerning configuration than the actual font used.
>>
MonteCarlo
>>
>>52989272
>Mon teCar lo
>>
>>52989272
That looks terrible.
>>
>>52989313
>>52989316
Even if the letter spacing and/or kerning is off, the characters themselves look better than any other monospace font I've ever used, and I'm not autistic so that's more than enough for me.
>>
>>52989337
>the characters themselves look better than any other monospace font I've ever used
If that's true then it must be the only monospace font you've ever used, because they look like shit.
>>
>>52989337
the lettering looks incredibly jagged and cut off, like you're trying to emulate some retro terminal font.
>>
>>52989352
Nah, I just have different preferences than yours.

>>52989353
It's not a complete terminal emulator without a retro font.
>>
File: bestfont.png (37 KB, 644x388) Image search: [Google]
bestfont.png
37 KB, 644x388
>>52989370
Why do you hate your eyes so much?
I know the mac font rendering sucks at small sizes, but come on.

also
>emacs
>>
>>52989464
I think that looks far worse than MonteCarlo

>>emacs
It's the best editor
>>
>>52988779
That font rendering literally is C A N C E R
>>
>>52989534
When I program, I don't stare at single glyphs.
I stare at statements and shit. Proper spacing, even for a monospace font is important.

The font I'm using is DejaVu Sans Mono.
It has (from what I've seen,) the most complete hinting instructions of any monospace font.
That is important for me so I can have a small font size without it looking like a blurry or blocky mess.

I could just make the size bigger, but I like to have multiple windows up at the same time on my 1080p monitor.
>>
>>52989272
>monospace font
>abnormal spacing
>>
File: 220px-Fixedsysfontpreview.svg.png (14 KB, 220x260) Image search: [Google]
220px-Fixedsysfontpreview.svg.png
14 KB, 220x260
>>52988779
Fixedsys Excelsior is the only option.
>>
>>52989760
looks blurry af family
>>
tewi is really nice.
>>
I like LaoUI.
>>
>>52988805
Have you heard of virtual machines?

When I was on Windows I used to do all my development in a Linux Virtual Box.
>>
Has anyone thought of running a bitmap font through waifu2x?
>>
File: 10x20n.gif (12 KB, 700x540) Image search: [Google]
10x20n.gif
12 KB, 700x540
>>52988779
I got your solution OP, you can probably download Terminus, is also bitmap but it doesn't tear at different sizes and is available for about 120 languages. See pic.

Also, I recommend you use Linux, it is more friendly for special setups like the one you want, although some users may not.
>>
>>52990144
Almost forgot the link
http://terminus-font.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>52990157
>sourceforge
fucking dropped
>>
>>52990144
>those a's

humanist a's should be abolished
>>
File: 1431101543500.jpg (37 KB, 541x541) Image search: [Google]
1431101543500.jpg
37 KB, 541x541
>>52990170
>>
>>52990182
>a's
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""a's""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>52990195
I could've written 'as'
but as you can see, that doesn't make much sense.
I could've also written it as 'a's or ayyys but nah
>>
>>52990230
so you chose something even more wrong?
why senpai
why
>>
>>52990239
idk 2bh
I wasn't thinking
It will never happen again
>>
>>52989272

This shit is like a nightmare from the 80s
>>
>>52988953
>Continue OP i'm interested.

That's all I have to say but thank you. I'll continue looking for fonts. Though, again: the conclusion I've come to has been to use Unifont. But I was hoping something else would come up. But it hasn't. So. I will continue to be open to new fonts. But I'm not counting on it. It's apparent it will probably never come. Thank you.
>>
File: 100.jpg (3 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
3 KB, 400x400
>>52988943
>The font 'Hack' has very decent coverage. More things are covered than DejaVu

I can't get certain asian characters to work with "Hack". So I can't use it. But thank you.
>>
File: pokemon blue eyes white dragon.png (32 KB, 200x185) Image search: [Google]
pokemon blue eyes white dragon.png
32 KB, 200x185
>>52988929
>I'll suggest a better font replacement but only if you give a satisfactory answer to this question.
>
>What's your favorite anime and who is your favorite anime character?

boku no pico and blue eyes white dragon
>>
>>52988966
>i'm interested and aroused so this is doubly exciting for me

Thank you.
>>
>>52988993
>aw fuck i'm retarded. Most of those glyphs are falling back to 'source code pro' which has better glyph coverage. They look very similar though.
>
>FontConfig is pretty smart I guess

You're not. It's alright. "Hack" and "Source Code Pro" are having trouble displaying certain asian fonts. But thank you.

Well shoot I also have something like Fontconfig in every program like openoffice or even ms paint and stuff that falls back to another font if it can't be displayed. But I need a font for things that can't do like that like notepad and even notepad++ apparently. But thank you.
>>
>>52989023
>I'd like a decent monospace font with slab serifs.
>Any suggestions?

I have no idea. I didn't even really know what slab serif was until I mentioned it. Still I don't think I'll be easily able to identify it accurately; Especially to someone who has an eye for it: Like yourself.

Also: I'm having trouble finding a font that is monospace, unicode, and can display certain asian charaters - at all. So I doubt that you will be able to find the font that you want.

But here's some fonts that I've been testing and apparently gathering a list of anyway.

Font              |Note
Arial |not mono or uni
courier New |not uni
Fixedsys |not uni
Monoid |not uni
ProFontWindows |not uni
[GNU] Unifont |bitmapped
Hack |not uni
Source Code Pro |not uni
Inconsolata |not uni

Thank you.
>>
>>52989046
>Fixedsys Excelsior then. It varies width depending on the language, but that's required, some languages just can't fit. It's the most consistent I found myself. It's bitmap though, but its natural boldness make me not want to change its size for it remains very readable at any distance.

Fixedsys Excelsior doesn't work for certain asian characters when I set notepad to "Fixedsys Excelsior 3.01". Varied with is also an issue. Also it's bold all the time and it'd be nice to have options to not have it bold too. But you apparently see that as a good thing. So to each their own. But doesn't work for me.

>>52989046
>Right click+scrolling does just that.

Yeah but it's still a pain. And weird. As in I have to hold the right-click, scroll, can't see some filenames that go off-screen because of where I like notepad and notepad plus windowed and positioned, displays the full directory instead of the filename itself, which is also going off-screen. That vs. hovering and just clicking the file you want is easier. But thank you.

>>52989046
>Also Settings menu > Preferences item > General tab > Document Switcher group > Show tickbox.

If you're referring to notepad++ I don't see "Document Switcher group" or "Show tickbox". I'm using notepad++ v6.5.5 tho because when I updated notepad++ to the "latest stable release" before it had some kind of error where you'd save the document and it'd fail and it'd lose all your data without recovery. That disgusted me to the point where I never want to update anything ever again. But thank you.
>>
>>52989158
>Sazanami Gothic is a sexy font

Well I wanted something less weeaboo for japanese and more "international" but that could work.

Also for some strange reason the font wasn't working in ms paint until I restarted it. So I may have dismissed some fonts for not being able to display certain asian fonts as "not uni" that may have actually been able to. So I'm sorry.
>>
>>52989199
>The best is Inconsolata, but as usual how good a font looks has way more to do with your system's font kerning configuration than the actual font used.

Inconsolata can't display certain asian characters. But as usual opinions. I don't use "anti-aliasing" or whatever and just like normal fonts anyway. I don't really care about fonts looking good or like "books" or whatever. If i wanted that then I'd stop using computers and start reading books. In addition: I wouldn't be using mono-space fonts which some think look "good". In being impractical and not making sense and everything. Basically I want something practical over style. So I don't really care about how it looks. Tho "clear type" looks like trash on my computer because I just have fonts displaying normally instead of "anti-aliasing" or whatever it's called. Or basically I'm more of a 4 ch X guy and less of an App ch X guy. But thank you.
>>
File: 99.jpg (3 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
3 KB, 400x400
>>52989272
>MonteCarlo

I can't find that font anywhere that isn't some kind of fancy font that is for wedding invitations. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're either trolling or have some kind of different variant of the font than the popular 1 that appears as the 1st thing when you look it up. So link to that or we can't use it. Thank you.
>>
>>52989272

Alright I just looked up "monte carlo monospace font" and found it. It doesn't display the asian characters properly and it apparently has 1 size or no size? But thank you.
>>
>>52989464
>bestfont.png

What font is this? I can't tell. I'm not a programmer. Or I can't seem to find it there. So I'm sorry.
>>
>>52990589
>>52990504
Why the fuck do you keep posting these shitty purple thumbnails? It looks rediculous. Avatarfagging is against the rules and this isn't even a neat avatar, it's just a purple fucking square.
>>
>>52990613
Go home frank, nobody cares about your newfagging over avatars. And is not even an avatar.
>>
>>52988943
I can't talk about the scripts I don't know but your Japanese font rendering clashes with everything
>>
>>52990635
It's a purple square.
A purple. Square.
Why the fuck are you so retarded.
>>
>>52990613
>>52990613
Why the fuck do you keep posting these shitty lame flames? It looks ridiculous*. Trolls, flames, shitposting, etc. is against the rules and belongs in the >>>/trash/ and this isn't even a neat flame, it's just a fucking fag.
>>
>>52990613
>WHY THE FUCK DO YOU KEEP POSTING A PURPLE SQUARE?!! IT'S JUST A FUCKING PURPLE SQUARE!!

I wanted to see if I could post the most neutral least-offensive thing ever and still make you rage.
>>
>>52990170
Non-shit link: http://files.ax86.net/terminus-ttf/
>>
>>52989616
>DejaVu Sans Mono

Doesn't display certain asian characters in notepad.
>>
>>52990679
It worked OP.
>>
File: 98.jpg (3 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
3 KB, 400x400
>>52989760
>Fixedsys Excelsior is the only option.

Doesn't display certain asian characters in notepad.
>>
>>52990700
>It worked OP.

Thank you.
>>
>>52989796
>tewi is really nice.

How do you install it on windows? Thank you.
>>
>>52989814
>I like LaoUI.

Not monospace or unicode. But thank you.
>>
>>52989825
>Have you heard of virtual machines?
>
>When I was on Windows I used to do all my development in a Linux Virtual Box.

Have you heard of cpu usage?

When I was tricked into running a mini gnu linux thing to run a font program it lagged out and rekt my last computer. Never got the font fixed either. Not a good 1st experience with gnu linux. Being tricked into using it, getting no help with it, and having it destroy everything.

If I had money. If I had money to buy a computer so I could run all the programs I run at the same time - Then I would run gnu linux. And everything else I need. I can't run the programs I already run as it is. I can't do a lot of the things I want to do. If I had money. And got a better computer. I would. Until then - I can't. But thank you.
>>
>>52989838
>Has anyone thought of running a bitmap font through waifu2x?

I don't know what waifu2x is or how that works and no.
>>
I use Terminus with fallback to Kochi Gothic and UmePlus Gothic for Japanese script. Japanese writing is monospace by design and these fonts are very readable even at 8pt. You'll never find one single font that does everything well, so you should rather set up a chain with everything you need
>>
Font              |Note
Arial |not mono or uni
courier New |not uni
Fixedsys |not uni
Monoid |not uni
ProFontWindows |not uni
[GNU] Unifont |bitmapped
Hack |not uni
Source Code Pro |not uni
Inconsolata |not uni
Sazanami Gothic |good?
Terminus |not uni
MonteCarlo |not uni
LaoUI |not mono or uni

"Not uni" is tl;dr for "doesn't display certain asian fonts" usually; By the way.
>>
>>52990751

I apologize for how obnoxious this "code" looks in the thread by the way. So I'm sorry.
>>
File: 97.jpg (3 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
3 KB, 400x400
>>52990144
>I got your solution OP, you can probably download Terminus, is also bitmap but it doesn't tear at different sizes and is available for about 120 languages. See pic.
>
>Also, I recommend you use Linux, it is more friendly for special setups like the one you want, although some users may not.

Well that's funny because when I try to use it in notepad it doesn't display certain asian characters. Part of the reason I want the font is that I want to use it in stuff like notepad; So the characters show up. That was actually the program I as using when I decided to do it.

I apologize for being a windows user. If it makes you feel better I'm a "gnu linux sympathizer". I'll probably use gnu linux when possible. Can't now because reasons. But thank you.
>>
>>52990157
>Almost forgot the link
>http://terminus-font.sourceforge.net/

Again can't seem to display certain asian characters when I set notepad to that but thank you.
>>
>>52990170
>>sourceforge
>fucking dropped

what's wrong with sourceforge?
>>
>>52990777
It bundles adware/spyware with its software downloads.
>>
>>52990782
>It bundles adware/spyware with its software downloads.

Oh... Eh, whatever. Any idiot can opt out of that.
>>
>>52990182
>>those a's
>
>humanist a's should be abolished

by whom?
>>
>>52990760
>>52990768
Terminus doesn't display some characters? I scratch my head about that because it works on my computer (see pic).

About Linux, lurk once in a while the friendly linux thread if you want to dive into linux in a couple months.
>>
>>52990744
>I use Terminus with fallback to Kochi Gothic and UmePlus Gothic for Japanese script. Japanese writing is monospace by design and these fonts are very readable even at 8pt. You'll never find one single font that does everything well, so you should rather set up a chain with everything you need

Again Terminus doesn't seem to work for certain asian characters. I need it for relatively simple programs that don't have the luxery of a "fallback" font. I'll have to try "Kochi Gothic" and "UmePlus". Tho I'm wondering if those are monospace. Or again if they can do more than Japanese. I don't want to be a weeaboo for the Japanese. But I'd like it to be "International" or of the "World" - So I don't have to worry about all this stuff.
>>
>>52990794
Those east asian chars are pretty obviously being displayed in a different font, anon. They're not even the same width as the enlish chars.
>>
>>52990794
That's not the same font at all, can you really not tell?

>>52990801
Terminus doesn't support Japanese as I said. I don't think the Gothic fonts I mentioned are monospace for Latin script, I only use them for Japanese

Have you tried Droid Sans Mono? I think there's a Unicode option for that. If not, you'll likely need to combine different fonts to build your own
>>
File: is working.png (11 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
is working.png
11 KB, 1280x720
>>52990816
>>52990836
Really? Because it doesn't seem like it on my terminal.
>>
>>52990942
It's a completely differently stylized font displayed at a different size. Get your shit together
>>
>>52990969
Yes, seems like I have a Droid Sans fallback that I never knew of. Silly.
>>
What about m+1?
>>
>>52990794
Terminus does display some characters? I scratch my head about that because it doesn't work on my computer (see pic).

I already do. I lurk all the time. Apparently all users are useless.
>>
>>52990816
>Those east asian chars are pretty obviously being displayed in a different font, anon. They're not even the same width as the enlish chars.
>>52990836
>That's not the same font at all, can you really not tell?

Thank you.
>>
File: 8.png (82 KB, 530x4140) Image search: [Google]
8.png
82 KB, 530x4140
>>52990794
Terminus does display some characters? I scratch my head about that because it doesn't work on my computer .

I already do. I lurk all the time. Apparently all users are useless fucking faggots.
>>
>>52990836
Terminus doesn't support Japanese as I said. Seriously... shoot. You're right. "Sazanami Gothic" isn't monospace for "Latin" script. Well. Thank you.

Droid Sans Mono also doesn't work in notepad. Easier said than done. I don't know how to combine different fonts to build my own. But thank you.
>>
>>52990942
>Really? Because it doesn't seem like it on my terminal.

Really. You don't even know it.
>>
ITT: everyone has been using fallback fonts and they didn't even know it.
>>
>>52991126
>What about m+1?

Nope. Not monospace (for latin). In fact it may be possible (if not: all) asian characters are full-width. So saying "not monospace (for latin)" may be redundant.
>>
i don't wanna spam the thread with the obnoxious white "code" boxes but i wanted to post some of the fonts tried so far so here it is

Font |Note
Arial |not mono or uni
courier New |not uni
Fixedsys |not uni
Monoid |not uni
ProFontWindows |not uni
[GNU] Unifont |bitmapped
Hack |not uni
Source Code Pro |not uni
Inconsolata |not uni
Sazanami Gothic |not mono
Terminus |not uni
MonteCarlo |not uni
LaoUI |not mono or uni
M+ 1c |not mono
>>
There. All caught up.
>>
>>52991836
>spam the thread with the obnoxious white "code" boxes
Don't let the trolls fool you, the code boxes are better for the eyes.
>>
>>52991875
>>spam the thread with the obnoxious white "code" boxes
>Don't let the trolls fool you, the code boxes are better for the eyes.

Alrighty then I just thought it was a bit annoying to repeat it over and over. I don't wanna put it on the www elsewhere because I don't want it to be "a thing". Yet it feels like it's too much of "a thing" if I post large obnoxious white code boxes in the thread, too. Ahh, forget it. Thank you.
>>
Font              |Note
Arial |not mono or uni
courier New |not uni
Fixedsys |not uni
Monoid |not uni
ProFontWindows |not uni
[GNU] Unifont |bitmapped
Hack |not uni
Source Code Pro |not uni
Inconsolata |not uni
Sazanami Gothic |not mono
Terminus |not uni
MonteCarlo |not uni
LaoUI |not mono or uni
M+ 1c |not mono
>>
File: Rich_Man_prew.jpg (122 KB, 590x700) Image search: [Google]
Rich_Man_prew.jpg
122 KB, 590x700
>>52990731
>poorfag problems
I bet you use AMD and Corsair hardware as well.
>>
>>52991755
You can use Font Forge to add missing Unicode characters to one font from one or more others. The software is a usability disaster but it works. I combined fonts to add Unicode support to the Aeon Nox skin for Kodi
>>
everyone is jealous
>>
>>52992889
what kind of sorcery is this theme.
>>
>>52991806
Pretty sure it has monospaced variants, m+1m
>>
>>52991836
The code blocks looked better, desu. Also they're not white on Tomorrow, and not using Tomorrow is basically signing away your retinas.
>>
Autism - The thread

font-threads are already rare, no need to bring in your mental deficiencies too.
>>
Why does font smoothing suck so much ass when it comes to rendering jipjap/chink characters. It completely butchers them unless you're using like size 40+ or some retarded 4x scaling on a high PPI display.
>>
>>52990182
at first I thought these were cut off g's
>>
>>52990504
>400 x 400
>3.2 KiB
>.jpg
PANIC
>>
>>52988779
All of those fonts are garbage, please die.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.