[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ordered Lenovo K3 Note phone from China and came with lots o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232 KB, 1920x1080
Ordered Lenovo K3 Note phone from China and came with lots of bloatware / adware installed such as "KKBrowser" and similar stuff the Antivirus tells me it's malware but the phone doesn't let me uninstall it.

Now I have 2 options I guess?

1) root it and delete those apps... but I've read online many people are unable to completely delete the malware as some system files cannot be removed basically the Android is a bit compromised... they can remove most of it though

2) install a new ROM... such as this http://www.needrom.com/download/androium-6-k3n/ which is intended for this specific phone... I read on Reddit that some people have problems watching embedded videos in Chrome with this ROM though

---

What is the better thing to do? Help /g/
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>52172457
You could have avoided this with a quick google search, anon. Shoulda just got one of the stock Android ones, this is a nice phone but riddled with AIDS from the get go.
>>
>>52172499
I know I made a mistake. But what should I do now, throw it in the garbage bin? I have to fix it somehow.
>>
>>52172513
sell it on ebay? or just flash one of the ROMs even if it fugs up chrome, can't be that bad.
>>
just root it and install a new ROM.
>>
flash CM12.1 on it you faggot
>>
>>52172606
But how?? seems complicated
>>
>>52172660
are you retarded?
>>
I bought a Lenovo phone for $100 in Malaysia.
It was a Chinese import that came preloaded with Chinese camgirl apps and adware.
>>
>>52172660
You should get an iPhone... That's probably more your level.
>>
>>52172660
why would you buy a k3 note without wanting to flash the rom off the bat?
>>
>>52172457
Hardware embedded malware cannot be deleted, Anon.
>>
>>52173152
Would flashing a new ROM really help ? I mean there is still the firmware which most likely contains some kind of superfishshit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.