[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad to have no social media presence? I don't use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 140207-nishii.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
140207-nishii.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
Is it bad to have no social media presence? I don't use twitter or Facebook or anything. I just use email and text to keep in touch
>>
It's bad for advertisers. You're stealing from them by not giving them your data.
>>
>>52172141
>>52172153
this

I hope you get locked up in jail for theft OP

you're literally killing the internet
>>
>deleted my Facebook and Twitter but now use Instagram (mainly as a ploy to get people to listen to my music, but still).
How bad am I /g/?
>>
Its a modern day virtue to not have social media presence, OP.

You're doing good. No sarcasm. I'm of the same boat here. I email/text my family when needed to keep in touch. No other social media here.

>>52172295
>deleted
Its never truly deleted

>Instagram (mainly as a ploy to get people to listen to my music)
Its not so bad since you have the artistic mind. How effective is the instagram thing? Compared to pure youtube/whatever other music platform?
>>
Employers may consider you a bit weird. But all the time not wasted is a huge plus for you. You will miss up on some crappy jobs and end up with a better job.
>>
Companies will think you are a friendless freak and axe murderer and might think twice about hiring you.
>>
Pretty much this >>52172153

inb4 advertising shills
>>
>>52172428
>inb4 advertising shills
Oops I almost made it until >>52172409
>>
File: 4062195585_47cbc0d115_b.jpg (415 KB, 1024x879) Image search: [Google]
4062195585_47cbc0d115_b.jpg
415 KB, 1024x879
>>52172409
Hey! I'm not a freak!
>>
>>52172439
I am not saying social media is a good thing, I never use it myself. It's a evil presence in society. But I have social media profiles, just to get the companies of my back. if anyone contacts me on facebook it takes like 4 months or more before I reply.

But people still freak out if you don't have a social media profile. Blood curling screams, despair, panic fromthe HR department when they already set up a interview with someone without checking if they have social media first.
>>
>>52172141
same here, abandoned facebook years ago. never bothered with twitter. just use chat apps.
>>
>>52172318
I made sure that my Facebook got fully deleted, not just deactivated or whatever, but I'm sure you are right that it is still out there to some extent. Instagram isn't really a good music platform at all, but I just get all my friends and people I meet to follow me on Instagram, where I post portions of my music and promote my SoundCloud in a way that is as unannoying as possible.
>>
Another non-user here. I have no need for it and besides, I have a major problem with others profiting from my existence. Its just not right.

I know many people who are seemingly addicted to it. I have had people at work say very seriously that they would rather lose their job than lose their access to Facebook.

Sad.
>>
File: 1451545688487.gif (777 KB, 782x514) Image search: [Google]
1451545688487.gif
777 KB, 782x514
>>52172661
>I made sure that my Facebook got fully deleted

Funny. Data is never deleted, this is done to avoid fragmentation.
>>
>>52172409
Says the millenial working in a job for millenial.

The only people who think this are dumb AND young enough to have been brainwashed by modern society. And we all know what kind of people are directly responsible of this situation.
>>
>>52172787
>I have had people at work say very seriously that they would rather lose their job than lose their access to Facebook.

Wow, what the fuck. I have a facebook but only scroll through my news feed every few days when I'm bored. Most of the shit on facebook now is just clickbait anyways. I liked facebook when it was just people posting pictures or stories of things they were doing, that way I could actually keep up with some of my friends that have moved away to other states or countries.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.