[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to setup my raspberry pi as an mpd server but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (10 KB, 668x333) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10 KB, 668x333
I'm trying to setup my raspberry pi as an mpd server but I can't connect to it through my windows client. I tell the client to connect to the pi's ip address at port 8000 but it says it can't connect. My config file is pic related. I'm using archlinux arm.
>>
See, Arch arm is where you went wrong, it's literally a meme distro. What you should do is go and install Gentoo, its for the real pros
>>
not your personal tech support m8
>>
>>52170233
>>52170311
>I don't know

Why even bother posting.
>>
>>52170374
>encouraging them
>>
Are you listening on anything but localhost you dumb fuck? Literally RTFM.
>>
>>52170374
use debian if you're not good with linux. stop trying to get nerd cred, nobody is impressed by muh arch.

>>52170394 this guy and check firewall.
>>
>>52170394
I'm using this guide and it doesn't mention that:

https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comments/1w8ia0/raspberry_pi_mpd_server/
>>
>>52170374
this >>52170413 is the future you chose. hope you are happy family
>>
File: 1428819521324.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1428819521324.gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>52170374
Honest Injun, we are all very friendly here, but unfortunately we spend 7 hours a day compiling Gentoo so we cannot learn about anything else. So if you did install Gentoo onto your Pi we would be able to help more.

So honest, Install Gentto, it's great

Here's a meme to prove I'm telling the truth, memes cant lie.
>>
>>52170413
>listening to random plebbitors rather than reading the goddamn MPD documentation
You have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>52170517
Is this supposed to be the documentation? http://www.musicpd.org/doc/user/index.html

Read it and there's nothing about my problem. Also the man page is a joke.
>>
>>52170574
The default config file should have included a bind-to-address line by default. If you're too dumb to know what that means, MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE RUNNING NETWORK SERVICES.
>>
>>52170669
So I set it to bind to the address I want to connect to? Tried it and didn't work.
>>
Take it ez on him
>>
>>52170702
Look, darling, when a web service is listening to something, it should know what port it's listening on, but it's not the end. Some services, http in particular, care about which IP has been resolved as them. For example, you can listen to localhost, but when you ask for 0.0.0.0, it doesn't work. Or say your address was 192.168.0.1, it still wouldn't work. Or if you had a white IP, and it resolved to your box, it wouldn't work, because you are only listening to requests that ask for 127.0.0.1

It's even more interesting if you have different domains that resolve as the same IP, but it's a story for another day.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.