[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm coming from /pol/ and for longer than I should have.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 185228_original.jpg (26 KB, 290x210) Image search: [Google]
185228_original.jpg
26 KB, 290x210
I'm coming from /pol/ and for longer than I should have.

Do any of you have any opinion on how to handle being accurately addressed by name here?

picture not related, I'm startled
>>
>>52169827
What exactly are you asking anon?
>>
This is an anonymous imageboard.

Only the circlejerking faggots on IRC call each other by name.
>>
>>52169840
I was shitposting on the politically incorrect board earlier today. Someone responded to me by first name and it was accurate. I'm new but have been around here for long enough that I'm not certain that it was a lucky guess.
>>
>>52169892
If you have a common name it might just be a lucky guess.

Do you have any friends who might know you post on /pol/? If they know you well enough they might recognize your style of posting.
>>
>>52169892
reverse tcp his mainframe
>>
>>52169892
fuck off, chris
>>
>>52169909
I guess what I came here to ask is that whether or not there is a real chance that backtracing happens here or if it may have been a lucky guess.

I've spent plenty of time on /v/, /b/, /pol/ and /x/
and you should truly argue about all the reasons I'm an asshole for that.

I tried to drink away my concern so I'm not sure I'm asking any useful questions. Sorry for bothering you.
>>
>>52169892
Did you post a screenshot of your google chrome window by any chance?
>>
>>52169990
Or any screenshot from your own computer for that matter.
>>
>>52169946
I do and that makes it trickier. When I addressed them like they were a fellow shitposter that new me they responded in a way that made me think they didn't know what time zone I was in. There were other indications that it wasn't a buddy, and I hope I just misjudged the guile of my buddies, but it was weird and their final response was that they are deeply disturbed.
>>
>>52169977
>I guess what I came here to ask is that whether or not there is a real chance that backtracing happens here or if it may have been a lucky guess.

I don't want to help you because the more newfags we scare away the better.
>>
>>52169990
>>52170001

I have in my time, in an attempt to make the joke about having the "how to take a screenshot joke" and then having some other silly tabs open. It was probably a year or so ago though.
>>
Fucks sake, David
>>
>>52169976
Kek
>>
>>52170046
There is always the chance that even in my concern and always in my nature that I will respond in a way that makes you think I'm a newfag. And most certainly to /g/ I am. I may be able to hold my own in an electronic cigarette thread and really I hope you stopped having those since the last time I was here, that is beside the point. How would you feel if you were arguing about whether or not Thomas Sowell was relevant and someone told you that "you've done too many drugs_"?
>>
>>52169892
you're a fucking retard daniel
>>
>>52170116
You're more tolerable than other newfags so I will take pity on you.

Newfags are reviled because they post, mostly shit much worse than this thread, without understanding the culture here. Kind of an Eternal September thing going on. You go to /pol/, so I will describe it like this:

You see an aggressive looking negro, dressed in a ghetto fashion, approaching you on the sidewalk with no one else around. Do you cross the street and avoid him, do you continue walking past him and hope nothing happens, or do you try to make pleasant conversation with him?

To answer your original question, saying something like "get the fuck out Patrick" is something that has been done since 4chan's inception. Knowing your first name is useless, especially if it's common, without some other identifying information. 4chan's IP logs have never been cracked, and would be useless to any skids anyway. Unless you posted your face, your full name, your address, where you go to school, etc, here or somewhere else on the web, you are in no danger of getting doxed.
>>
File: Mayuri_Shiina.png (210 KB, 372x480) Image search: [Google]
Mayuri_Shiina.png
210 KB, 372x480
>>52170146
You more than anyone else have made me feel better.

When I described this situation to my technologically advance friend who has nothing to do with here, he suggested that I reformat. That's a lot of video games to re-download, /g/-sama.
>>
>Itt: we list every common English name

Fuck off, John.
>>
>>52170184
>technologically advance
That's not how you spell mentally challenged
>>
File: 1444706248857.png (309 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1444706248857.png
309 KB, 414x499
>>52170178
I already said thanks right before this and really mostly to the notion that reaffirmed that this happens all the time here. I was aware of that. It was combined with another detail that was also accurate, and common, and it happened to be startling. The astrologers of 4chan, /g/. I really fucking appreciate your help.
>>
>>52170232
Did I not already express how I drunk I was earlier? Surely I forgot to type a D. Though I should have never brought the outside into it, I am, while not mentally disabled in the way you mean it, suffering from mental disability. This adds to the whole initiation of this thread surely.
>>
>>52170186
Very clever, Eric.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.