[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any .NET programmers? What are some tricks/tips you would have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: dotnet.png (48 KB, 660x630) Image search: [Google]
dotnet.png
48 KB, 660x630
Any .NET programmers? What are some tricks/tips you would have for someone beginning development in .NET?

inb4 Linux

Also, general .NET questions thread.
>>
>Also, general .NET questions thread.
What the hell is .NET?
>>
>>52168751
When you think you need to use an array, use a tuple instead, but fill it with the binary from the source file, of the header you're trying to link.

Got me a job at Google, so...
>>
>>52168792
Google and .NET?
>>
>>52168827
You bet
>>
>>52168827
Lots of places use .NET and C# anymore.
>>
If anyone can answer these, I would appreciate it:

>How could I monitor open apps in say a WPF application?

>Once detecting a running app, what would be the best way to present an interactive notification from the taskbar?

>How can I minimize an app to task tray when the window is closed?

>Is there a way that I can present a transparent modal over the entire screen with media playback in the foreground?
>>
>>52168911
ah, le non google même

bon même, monsouir
>>
>>52168911
have you read your SICP today?
>>
>>52168911
you can do all of that and more by putting what you typed exactly into google
>>
>>52168792
im not really sure what youre saying here

when i want to use an array, fill it with the binary of a source file, of what im trying to link? when do you use an array to link something? what does the binary of the source file in an array do over just referencing the assembly

i have a headache and cant read this
>>
>>52169072
I'm a web developer, but have experience writing programs in C, C++, MIPS, and Java. Trying to get better.

I know the basics of programming of course... abstraction, polymorphism, recursion, binary operators, etc. Just don't have experience with many APIs.

I fucked around with Ogre3D and IRRLICHT back in the day, and got into SDL, but that's about it.

The extent of my programming has been writing a few encryption apps, a Pac-Man game in ActionScript, and crappy CLI apps that deal with system files/editing binary streams.

If anyone can direct me to some good sources to learn .NET, besides MSDN shit, I'd appreciate it. MSDN is way too overwhelming for a noob in .NET. I want to know whatever book/training I get will be worth it.
>>
>>52169196
how can you call yourself a web developer, let alone a developer if you can't say you have experience using API's.

my NEET detector is beeping, and I don't think it's broken
>>
>>52169167
lurk moar
>>
>>52169231
Oh come on, I use web frameworks like Bootstrap, Gumby, and shit like jQuery, NodeJS, Laravel, etc. I meant for computer applications... not web apps. Huge difference.
>>
>>52168827
>google
BOT.NET
>>
File: DaglessSalute.webm (178 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DaglessSalute.webm
178 KB, 640x480
>>52169063
>>52169072
>>52169149
Ah, based /g/, where people ask for on-topic help and get told to fuck off and Google it.
>>
>>52169279
it's not like i know the answer to those questions off the top of my head, to find out what they are i would literally just google what he wrote

why couldn't he just do that instead of me do it for him?
>>
>>52169279
your assburgers is showing
>>
>>52168911
please do the needful
>>
>>52169279
incase you haven't noticed this place isn't exactly stackoverflow.
>>
>>52169647
but if you ask those questions on SO, you'd be precisely BTFO

he's asking for the choochoo or the airplane to send the answer right to his mouth
>>
>>52168786
Yet another MS framework. Can't they just stick with one?
>>
>>52168786
Less shit Java.
>>
>>52169696
>framework
wut
>>
>>52168911
>>52169167
>>52169196
>>
>>52169726
>In 1866, Andrey Andreyevich's school life began with his entrance into St. Petersburg's fifth grammar school. Already during his school time Andrey was intensely engaged in higher mathematics. As a 17-year-old grammar school student, he informed Viktor Bunyakovsky, Aleksandr Korkin, and Yegor Ivanovich Zolotarev about an apparently new method to solve linear ordinary differential equations, and he was invited to the so-called Korkin Saturdays, where Korkin's students regularly met. In 1874, he finished the school and began his studies at the physico-mathematical department of St. Petersburg University.

fuck, nigger, i've been slacking like a motherfucker
>>
>>52169667
Nah, if he asked on SO it'd be marked as a duplicate and would be linked to a thread that's only vaguely related or doesn't have an actual answer.
>>
>>52170235
Thank you.
>>
>>52169279
>le it's on topic therefore you all should spoonfeed me because i'm too lazy to do anything on my own
/v/eddit called
they want you back
>>
I'm surprised my thread is still here.

Thanks to those who weren't dicks. You all give me faith in /g/.

To the assholes, if you knew anything, you didn't have to specifically tell me, but at least directed me in the right direction... something someone reputable often does, especially in college which I indeed graduated from with a degree in IT, CS, and nearing mathematics.

I know the theory well, but in the process of applying software frameworks, and as I've stated I have plenty of experience in web frameworks.

I'm an autodidact, and a lot of what I know is because of people helping me out. I guess I should just get back on Freenode. Maybe there will be less assholes.
>>
>>52171711
>asking for help and starting a discussion on a specific topic is spoonfeeding
>on topic threads don't deserve to have the topic discussed
Fuck me, next time I'll make sure OP posts something about how SSD's are a meme, or some retard Nvidia/AMD bait, ok anon?
>unironically uses /v/eddit
Stick to /ptg/ threads where you call everything a meme f︂︂a︂m
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.