[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you guys hoping to see from CES this year?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: CES-Logo.jpg (41 KB, 761x481) Image search: [Google]
CES-Logo.jpg
41 KB, 761x481
What are you guys hoping to see from CES this year?
>>
>>52168294
OLED memes
>>
Nothing of value, CES has been garbage for a few years.
>>
A million shit videos on YouTube.
>>
>>52168695

*tips fedoras*
>>
>>52168294
3840*2400 monitors
>>
Hopefully 2016 will be a boom year for the teledildonics sector
>>
It would be cool to see some improvements in PAN stuff e.g. clothing with built in electronics that don't have to be removed before washing them.

In the past I thought about getting one of those shirts that displays wifi signal strength but the idea of having a bulky removable electronics pack you have to remove to wash the shirt is pretty lame.
>>
Some nonsense like those curved TVs which only makes sense if you watch tv alone, what will they think of next.
>>
Its going to be:
>IOT
>IOT
>IOT
>SMART APPLIANCE
>CONTROL YOUR DISHWASHER WITH YOUR PHONE
>IOT
>IOT
>IOT
>VR
>IOT
>SELF DRIVING CARS WITH 4G ANTENNAS BUILT IN THAT ACT AS WIFI HOTSPOTS FOR SOME REASON
>IOT

Expect to see the same bunch of riff raff that was present at CES2015. The trade show is the least interesting event of the entire year, its almost turned into a showcase for shitty products sold exclusively on alibaba, or late night infomercials.
>>
File: curved-tv-explanation-640x426.jpg (31 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
curved-tv-explanation-640x426.jpg
31 KB, 640x426
>>52170473
curved displays improve viewing angles even or better especially when multiple people are watching.
>>
Vive is getting shown off with some mysterious new groundbreaking feature. At least that's interesting.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/18/htc-vive-vr-big-breakthrough-ces/
>>
File: mcdonalds oculus ad patent.jpg (56 KB, 583x376) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds oculus ad patent.jpg
56 KB, 583x376
>>52170576
so, what exactly is this technological breakthrough? i can't think of anything the vive is missing other than ingame ads
>>
>>52168294
I'm expecting them to announce a street date for oculus rift and open up preorders at CES. I am fully ready to fall for the oculus meme.
>>
>>52170597
Ingame ads shouldn't delay the release as this "feature" is delaying it.

I guess it could be wireless PC VR HOWEVER Palmer recently tweeted that that's not in any current year a possibility for PC VR.
>>
>>52170576
hand tracking camera built into the bottom of the headset?
>>
>>52170680
pfff
>>
>>52170692
i think it'd be p neat
>>
>>52170576
it must be something pretty amazing when they're trying to hype it like that. otherwise everyone's gonna be disappointed and they'll run back to the oculus
>>
>>52170554
But it's not an issue.
>>
stuff from valve that i dont care about, dissapointment
>>
>>52170717
Vive is a competing product made by HTC and Valve. No one has to run anywhere if this fails, aside from VR engineers.
>>
>>52170692
I don't know, If you could look down and see a body that sort of moves with you it would really help keep the illusion from breaking. Seeing someone else's hands move or remain stationary, or even weirder no body at all, really pulls you out of the experience every time.
>>
8k tvs/monitors
>>
Excited for The VIVe and half life 3
>>
>>52170637
Not only Oculus, but Valve themselves have said wireless is simply impossible with today's technology. People need to stop deluding themselves or actually know shit about technology.
>>
I'm planning on going, maybe if there are enough people we can do a /g/ meetup but I doubt there will be enough people.
>>
>GUYS WHAT IF WE TOOK AN ARM CHIP AND STUCK IT IN <common household appliance>? GUESS WHAT WE DID THAT
>>
>>52170473
Went to a movie theater with a curved screen. Shit was fucking terrible, the colors got all fucked from the curve.
>>
>>52173980
How do you even get tickets?
>>
>>52174320
>How do you even get tickets?
By knowing people or working for certain people.
Or just find some laying around the convention center.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.