[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cable manage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: birds-nest.jpg (379 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
birds-nest.jpg
379 KB, 600x800
I got the front guts side looking acceptable but how the fuck am i suposed to cram all this shit into a small flat space to put the back cover on?

why are psu cables so fucking stiff? you would think by now companies would make thin flexible cables instead of stiff as fuck overbuilt cables.

running 5 drives and adding more so it's only gonna get messier.
>>
>>52167306
That's a Rosewill Challenger, right? Good luxk, I have the same case and cable management is a pain
>>
>>52167335

yeah i got it for dirt cheap on CL brand new, still had the plastic on the front.

i actually like it better than the NZXT 440 i built last go around, but i had with a cx750m and a lot less drives in that build. this is the rosewill 1300 watt 80+ gold behemoth i also got for dirt cheap. planning to run another 290x or pick up a 295x2 for going 4k.
>>
Modular psu is your best bet, lay ur pc down flat cabels facing up n lay them out if no space n close that shit tight
>>
Modular PSU, velcro strips, plastic zip ties, replacing split cables where not needed. Common sense shit along with not buying bad cases.
>>
Replacing generic long cables with shorter ones or modding them to the exact length you need will go a long way. You might be able to move some of those plastic locks on the drive bays for more space.
>>
>>52167306
Zip ties, modular PSU and buying a case known for having good cable management options.
>>
>why are psu cables so fucking stiff? you would think by now companies would make thin flexible cables instead of stiff as fuck overbuilt cables.

Because when you're push too many amps through too thin of wire they tend catch on fire. Go jump a car with speaker wire if you think jumper cables are too stiff and overbuilt.
>>
>>52167306
>>52169504

Forgot to be helpful: look up the silverstone tek four in one sata power cable. It'll help you out quite a bit.
>>
File: cable_management_PC_2015.jpg (73 KB, 531x664) Image search: [Google]
cable_management_PC_2015.jpg
73 KB, 531x664
>>52167306
Like this.
>>
i don't
>>
OP I spent 3 hours trying to find a good way of doing this. I had to put some cables inside. Modular PSUs would be better for this purpose but if you don't have one, you're pretty much fucked. You just have to fiddle around until you find a good way of doing it but you might have to put some cables inside anyways. Once I managed it though it was tight enough that I'm not going to open that side again, fuck that.

Also remember not to put too many cables together, otherwise it's obviously gonna get too thick. lay them flat if possible. Bend those SATA power cables a bit, otherwise it's going to be a mess, and you might have no other choice than to put the ones that you don't use inside the case, inside the empty hard drive slots.
>>
>>52171095
Nice
>>
You put your body weight on the case panel and snap that rat nest shut.

Hopefully you wont damage any cables.
>>
File: 1451553498336.png (14 KB, 646x720) Image search: [Google]
1451553498336.png
14 KB, 646x720
>>52171095
what case is that pic?
>>
Well first of all you dont buy a shit case. Get a case with some real room behind the tray. If you're too poor for a Define S or S340, then just settle for a Fractal Design Core series. Easy peasy.
>>
>>52171095
Shit mang, I just stuff the cables in the back side, force the panel shut, there's a bulge, but as that side is against the wall, it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>52172221
Totally same with me.
>>
>>52167306
E E K
>>
>How do you cable manage

I don't. What kind of loser cares what the inside of their case looks like?
Cable management meant something when there were ribbon cables involved. That shit could easily block all your airflow. Your skinny little SATA cable ain't blocking shit.

Just plug the damned things in and enjoy the ease of swapping things in and out.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.