[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll be the first to say it. THIS YEAR WILL BE THE YEAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: last-week-tonight-01_612x381.jpg (44 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
last-week-tonight-01_612x381.jpg
44 KB, 612x380
I'll be the first to say it.

THIS YEAR WILL BE THE YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP
>>
oh jeez I hope not
>>
its not april fools?????
>>
>>52167017
Upvoted XD
>>
2015 was already the year of the linux desktop faggot.
>windows 10
>normies recognize the word
>all major pre-install computers/laptop vendors has a linux option if you pay and bitch.

There will never be a year with more milestones. Just the crawl up or down at this point.
>>
>>52166996
Wow that's great so you mean they finally got thumbnail view in the file selector sorted out?
>>
>>52171293
>implying this is a "feature", and not a resource-hogging, junk-file creating abomination
>>
>>52166996
I don't think it will be the year of the linux desktop.
I think it will be the year linux desktop will start being more relevant, bringing more users, more programs, games, having more companies developing for it and using it. 2017 will be year of the linux destkop.
>>
>>52171293
That has been something you can do on linux since like 2003 or something. It's not a real issue with linux
>>
File: 1448185013737.png (96 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448185013737.png
96 KB, 400x400
>>52166996
>>
>>52169012

>this
2014/2015 was the year of Snowden and the NSA, the world will never be more awake
>>
>>52166996
It's going to be the year of Android again, actually.

> Inb4 muh desktop - it's like a third of personal computing by now and declining
>>
>>52166996
'the fuck up idiot. linux won't get it's own year no-how. no one gives a shit about your half-functional garbage operating systems. but go on ahead, keep pretending that it's something decent, while I go on to create new and better things, to craft, work, and best of all not live in my parents basement, using my mac, while you rot, still twiddling around with the settings of your distro to get it to work properly. dirt-stink failurefaces.
>>
Excuse me, if I may interject a moment. What you're referring to as Linux is in fact GNU+Linux.
>>
>>52166996
a-ahmed?
>>
>>52172401
Amen!
>>
>>52166996
Does that mean these things will finally be addressed?

http://itvision.altervista.org/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.