[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Fellow NEET's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 28
Just seeing if there are any NEET's like me.
Not in employment, education or training. What do you do?

I'm trying to learn web development so I can just work remotely, get some freelance gig's.
>>
I hear it's impossible to leave neetdom once you derail your life by dropping out of college/taking a gap year/etc.

How's the neet life?
>>
Hi anon.
I've been a neet for 3 years, don't do anything because i lack motivation to do/learn/study anything, that's why i'm stuck here.
>>
>>52165352
How do you support yourself?
>>
>>52165352
bran?
>>
>>52165334
It's possible to leave it, just depends on certain factors. The Neet life is getting shitty. I need money and have a life goal to live in Japan since I was a little kid. I'm 20 now. So trying to figure out how to make enough $$$ to go to Language School in Japan.
>>
>>52165352
If you're like me and love computers/technology than learn programming, that's what im currently doing. It can lead to many opportunities.
>>
>>52165375
I leech money from relatives and informal jobs like fixing computers from people i/they know. I know this is going to end someday and i don't know what i'm going to do by then.
>>
Been a NEET since 2 years ago, depressed since I was 14(18 now, turning 19 the 16th). I live with my parents, my room is full of shit. Recently diagnosed with Asperger's. I lack motivation to do anything. I pretty much spend my life spending my allowance (20€ a week) on vinyl records and obsolete server hardware. I'm trying to make a living off Youtube, but so far I've only made 1€ in three months. I can't bring myself to commit suicide because of my parents.
>>
>>52165445
Instead of killing yourself, make the most of your life, dream BIG and go after it with the attitude Do or Die, Sink or Swim. I've struggled with a suicidal life for several years, than I thought, "Instead of ending it on a shitty note, minus well see how far I can go in life and how big I can become" nothing matters when your dead anyway, so why not go after your dreams?
>>
I was neet for 3 years after uni, then got offered a job this year. Worked for about six months but got fired because of bs and probably facing a lawsuit in criminal court in january for work related accident. Now ive been neet again for 6 months. About to lose my parents health insurance because too old. Got about 1k in christmas money but have to pay car loans with it. May have to pay for a lawyer, we'll find out in two weeks. My neet life is hell right now senpai
>>
>>52165403
I know some languages but only the basics.

As i said the only issue is the lack of motivation, i remember watching a tutorial about making android apps and dropped it by the fourth part.
>>
File: 1451155240902.jpg (70 KB, 431x432) Image search: [Google]
1451155240902.jpg
70 KB, 431x432
>>52165266
>any neets like me
>what do you do

well let's see here,

>wake up around 1:00pm, bowels full
>drag my fat ass to the edge of my futon
>squat deeply over my cat litter box, anus puckered
>spray diarrhea all over my bedroom wall, completely missing the litter box
>glance over at mr. stripes and tell him i'm sorry to use his litter box
>his lifeless corpse doesn't respond, he's been dead for 6 months
>wipe ass with mousepad
>boot up pc
>drink mountain dew till the shakes subside
>cry
>spend an hour popping acne all over body
>time for hot pockets, use mousepad for napkin
>browse /g/
>>
File: 1385522393493.jpg (189 KB, 405x412) Image search: [Google]
1385522393493.jpg
189 KB, 405x412
Are you NEETS enjoying your new year's eve?
>>
>>52165503
Whatever you need to do to get outta that situation do it. Life is fleeting...We'll be dead soon enough, so go see the world, learn many things, have amazing experiences...Soon we'll all face the eternal slumber...so enjoy this moment.
>>
>>52165476
If somebody gave me a dollar every time I've heard that I could upgrade my 5870 to something more decent. That just doesn't work for me. All the people I've seen get out of this shit had friends that helped them, or at least some self-esteem. But I only have one friend, and he isn't really that close. And I pretty much hate myself to the point where I can't even stand looking at myself in the mirror for more than 30 seconds.
>>
>>52165504
Yeah i'm a newbie to this stuff so it can be intimidating and feel unmotivated sometimes...but finding motivation isn't that hard, it's doable.
>>
>>52165510
me - yes, browsing internet, installing dota 2, and procrastinating learning visual studio
>>
>>52165539
Go to youtube and listen to people like
Les Brown
etthehiphoppreacher
Alan watts
RSD Motivation
>>
>>52165510
I'm watching Yuru Yuri and got ice cream so yes.
>>
1 year NEET here, lucky I have savings to live off that I never touch due to my parents paying for my food and electric. If I ever run out I guess I'll just become a wage slave. It is depressing though doing nothing, and I used up my student finance so I'll never be successful, ah well. Social anxiety rules my life.
>>
>>52165581
It better be Rum Raisin
>>
File: 1450594329656.gif (204 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
1450594329656.gif
204 KB, 404x416
>expecting to make any amount of money as a freelance web developer.
Top kek'd friend
>>
>>52165593
but of course
>>
>>52165578
That shit doesn't work for me. I've tried. I've been through therapy, even. Nothing works. I'm seriously starting to think I have a brain tumor or something.
>>52165600
Post proof
>>
File: Snapchat-1374706722234824123.jpg (426 KB, 1080x1776) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1374706722234824123.jpg
426 KB, 1080x1776
I have a pathetic uncle who has been a neet for.. hmmmm..... 12 years hahahaha it sucks every family member talks so much shit on him, me include. Oh well
>>
>>52165392
Why dont you get a bachelors and then teach English in Japan?
You dont even need to know Japanese or have a degree related to teaching.
Language school is pretty shit if you can just live there for 10 years and make money
>>
>>52165334
Been NEET for 3 years.

Started volunteering at a thrift store. Wasnt too bad because there are usually other NEETs there volunteering too so no judgement

Store manager liked me and the effort I put in and offered me a job after 2 months.

Now I have been unNEETed for the past month. Sucks not having your free time anymore but at least I could hold my head up higher during Christmas and New Year.

So used to being poor too that I dont know what to do with the money that I am making now lol.

Being friendless and no social life still though,. Though there is a guy at work im becoming buddy buddy with who Im pretty sure has been a NEET since he was 15 due to Chronic fatigue syndrome. Seems like one of us.
>>
>>52165840
Planning on Language School, pass JLPT N2-N1, take university prep classes, than go to college in Japan, get whatever degree I feel like. Meanwhile sacrifice my time/life to coding and try my best to become independently successful/financially comfortable. Don't let your dreams be dreams!
>>
I got a job in "technology" after being a neet for years. Don't do it neets it's not worth it! I'm always tired now and don't have time to do anything.
>>
>>52165476
Telling people to change their attitude is kinda dumb. There are reasons behind why people are the way they are and spouting clichés at them is ignoring that fact. If that's they way you approach life, fine, but you're assuming everyone has dreams like you. Kind of thin, don't you think?
>>
File: 3BS855.png (91 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
3BS855.png
91 KB, 255x253
NEET for 5+ years
learned some programming

not looking for job because of social anxiety from weed abuse and being NEET

coded fully automatic webapp that is making money from AdSense ( half of minimum salary in my country)

too lazy to scale anything up
>>
>>52165936
>weed abuse
no wonder you're a loser
>>
Watch anime, browse /g/a/his/, stay inside all the time.

Feeding myself via autismbux.
>>
File: CAM-2015-25-12-132654.png (2 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
CAM-2015-25-12-132654.png
2 MB, 1632x1224
>>52165266
>27
>Marketing Manager
>degree in Business and Communication with a minor in Public Relations
>first job at 16: aisle monkey at BestBuy
>will likely break 100k in 2017
>just bought pic related on the 22nd of December

Time to go furniture shopping!

To all of you NEETs out there, if you apply yourself, even if you're an absolute dumbass, you can make something out of yourself. Even if it takes years.

Do not lose hope.
>>
>>52166024
I like your straightforwardness and optimism. +1
>>
>>52166024
made me smile and chuckle
>>
File: 1445483431484.jpg (114 KB, 970x880) Image search: [Google]
1445483431484.jpg
114 KB, 970x880
>>52166024

Do people watch each other through binoculars in these giant towers?
>>
File: 1451159452444.jpg (26 KB, 457x395) Image search: [Google]
1451159452444.jpg
26 KB, 457x395
>>52165985
NEET here for a couple years

Life has been four things
>Sleep
>Eat
>Read about my next flavour of the month desire.
>Struggle with mental issues

I have the jack of all trades issue. I want to do everything and I know I can't. I want to get into networking, programming, electronics and engineering. I want to learn to draw, to play an instrument, and collect so much of my favourite stuff. I know I'm smart enough for all of this.

Worst of all is my lack of money. I lack the credentials to get a meaningful job. I can't lower myself to the feeding grounds that is minimum wage because somehow I have a shred of pride left. But i cant use that pride as motivation. Ive got hardly anything going for me an A+ and N+.
>>
>>52165985
>autismbux

How does one get these anon? Asking.... for a friend......
>>
>>52166091
Pretty much me, pick something that can make $$ and run with it....money gives you a lot of opportunity.
>>
>>52166074
I will put blinds on my windows, but I do have binoculars... and a telescope.
>>
>>52165634
Everyone goes about it at their own pace, either you live to see why everyone is saying it'll help, because one day it will start to motivate you, and thusly preach the same, or you die. Once you're ready, you will know.
>>
>>52166024
>Marketing Manager
aka a job that doesn't exist when the economy is in a down swing.
Better hope the bubble doesn't burst anon or I'll be buying that shit tier condo in foreclosure
>>
>>52166162
I am pretty comfy not only with my degree, but with my current level of experience. And while I do not foresee my company downsizing any time soon, I will promptly land on my feet again, if ever it does happen.

Happy New Year, my friend!
>>
>>52165407
Tell the people that are purchasing your services to spread the word. If you have enough motivation (which I hope you do) you can actually make something of this assuming you have a decent enough web of customers and personal know how/resourcefulness.

You're only as smart as your nearest resources, fucking use them.
>>
>>52165407
So what do you tell them or how did you get started fixing computers? Always wanted to build really flashy and professional computers, but never figured a way of marketing it.
>>
>>52165407
All you really have to do is get yourself a Business Card. No joke. This would immediately make you "official" in the eyes of many. Then create a simple one-page website. Work off referrals. Try to sneak into Businesses as you go deeper into it.

A buddy of mine easily clears about $7000 a month now, after starting from where you are, and doing it for just 3 years.
>>
>>52166341
Good advice, +1
>>
>>52166284
>>52166341
I don't really want to go official, i live in a third world country where in almost every corner there's a "repair shop" thing and the competition would be plenty.
Also everything here is done via fecesbook which i refuse to use at all.
>>
>>52166632
People don't do business through referrals? I would imagine any thinking person would rather go to someone they are referred to, instead of a run down repair shop down the street.
>>
>>52165392
Currently living in Japan on study abroad year and have been learning the language since I was 12. There are good and bad things about living here. Personally I love Tokyo, but the working culture is really Hardcore so unless you are working for a foreign company, be ready for that. Also computer science isn't taught well here compared to my home university, (it's down to difference in lecture style IMO) but I'd say you have a really good chance of getting a job here if you have a degree from a half decent school abroad & speak Japanese.

Any particular reason you want to come here? I came to escape my family / shitty friends and country and it's working like a dream. Also how long have you been learning Japanese?

Also of you're a woman, consider that Japan is really skewed against women in society in general I have found. Prepare to be talked down to, harassed on crowded trains and never be promoted.

Anyway, あけおめ!and good luck with your dream
>>
>>52166094
Not this guy but also curious. Asking for myself. (and no I am not his friend)
>>
File: 1451263620976.png (173 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451263620976.png
173 KB, 300x300
This thread has a lot less excuses than I expected
>>
gap-year taker here

or at least it's still been under a year since I graduated and I'm not doing anything all that productive

hoping to learn to program and find some way to make money without leaving the house
>>
File: e98.jpg (19 KB, 600x705) Image search: [Google]
e98.jpg
19 KB, 600x705
6 years neet here, I used to think programming would get me somewhere. Freelancing requires you to be highly sociable and competitive.

if you choose to write software you have to market it which requires being social and you probably won't like it because the industry requires you to stick with the latest fashion (web dev javascript python etc)

If anything programming is anti-neet, and the normiest of the normie professions. If you are really unfortunate you'll just end up like that Murdock guy and overdose on drugs. Sorry but thats the painful truth and I learned it the hard way, It would be much better if you spent the time to learn to live in the wilderness and shoot guns
>>
No, I'm currently a junior studying CS in college.
>>
>>52165392
>>52165871

Japan is really not like your animus. You get incredibly shitty pay, work long hours and live in a tiny home. Top it off with the fact that teaching is a pain in the ass and you will need to have multiple jobs if you want to make enough to survive, plus the fact that the political landscape is really shit. Being a programmer in Japan is one of the worst jobs you can have, it has some of the worst hours and worst pay rate, not to mention majority of Japanese code is objectively shit.

If you really want to go to Japan, get a job and save enough money to invest and be able live off the annual stipend of your investments.

>than go to college in Japan, get whatever degree I feel like

Why a Japanese college? US and UK have the best universities on the planet, give or take a few Russian and HK universities for very specific fields. You're willing to settle for a worse education, a worse financial situtation, worse financial potential, worse job security, worse living environments just to satisfy your weaboo curiosity?

You truly are far gone
>>
>>52167143
Not that guy, but can't you just tutor people in english on the side when you need extra money?
>>
>>52167197
Tutor money won't pay for your tiny shoebox apartment in Japan.
>>
File: c3b.jpg (4 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
c3b.jpg
4 KB, 165x115
>>52165871
I was autistic enough to attempt this, ended up being the biggest embarrassment of my life. I won't even put it on my resume that i went to japan and learned Japanese cause its way too embarrassing, the interviewer will just label me as an outcast weeb if I were to mention it. I was an outcast gaijin in japan as well. I can't even speak it that well despite taking intensive courses, all I got out of it was to being able to play ero games wihout having to open a dictionary.
>>
>>52167289
Did you at least eat some Japanese pussy? If not, then you, indeed, are a loser.
>>
>>52167289
Did you have sex with Japanese women at least once?
>>
>>52165561
>installing dota

making mistakes early on this year are we?
>>
>>52167143
Reading this post, I was $100 sure you were my brother, except he absolutely loves it there despite the exact situation you described (teaching for shitty money, programming for shitty hours).
>>
NEET for 2 years and a half here
I got a degree in software engineering and worked for a year but now I'm scared about the "no one will employ you if you have a gap" in your curriculum. What should I do? Start my business? Can't I just lie in my curriculum to make the gap shorter? Do they even check this? I've been learning a lot of shit in my free time but that doesn't mean shit there.
>>
I have trouble committing to learning web development in a meaningful way. I tend to start and abandon alot of projects. I think if I could get a solid 6 months going of consistent webdev learning/coding, I might be able to pursue some sort internship with some smaller shops in my area.

I think it would be cool if some NEETs in a similar situation could do a google hangouts or skype group for web dev work. Basically bringing some social accountability to the learning process.
>>
>>52165266
NEET=pathetic.
>>
>>52167590
>NEETS
>Skype
That'll work out well. Though I want to get into webdev so that'd be some great social stigma for the brain.
>>
Anyone else hoard piss bottles.
>>
I would call to mind the image of a spider trapped in a bathtub if I wasn't acutely arachnophobic.
Also book < powergap < anime
>>
>>52167624
My idea would just be certain time of day going over and discussing what everyone has done, Maybe at the beginning of talks outline some projects you want to get done.
>>
>>52167659
Pic needed.
>>
>>52167659
Used to keep three bottles by my desk when I went on my 3 year neet journey. Now I'm ridiculously clean.
>>
>>52167703
Sounds like project management work flow to me, which isn't a bad idea for what you want it to do. I'd be down for something like this, though I'm more or less there for the entire learning process.
>>
>>52167392
>>52167310
I don't get the fascination with Japanese women, all the gaijin weebs I knew bragged about having sex with Japanese women. Its honestly kind of stupid, the jap girls that go out with gaijins are equivalent to coal burning liberals completely opposite to the conservative stereotype

fuck now I remember why I left japan because you always end up with those fucking race mixing gaijins.

I got close to getting laid with white girl teaching english though but failed to initiate it because I was a dumb fucker.
>>
>>52167760
I mean for the most part web dev is a constant learning process. I think its important that the focus is more on how much work you are putting into learning. It shouldn't matter too much where you are in the process.
>>
>>52167827
>coal burning liberals completely opposite to the conservative stereotype
Is this supposed to be a bad thing
>>
>>52167827
>I could have gotten laid thousands of times, guis, I swear!

Once a failure, always a failure.
>>
>>52167425
gaming is fun
FUN!
>>
>>52167829
Because the desire to learn and to go through with it is the most difficult hurtle to jump. Seems to be the ongoing issue with NEETs to begin with, so creating something like this actually had merit and real world application.
>>
>>52167906
If you are still interested I started up a chatroom. Maybe we could discuss the feasibility and get something going. I'm open to doing anything.
tlk (dot) io (slash)patheticwebdevs
>>
>>52167972
sent ;)
>>
>>52165561
hey i play dota2, and im learning and using visual studio to learn random aspects of c#

we could be buddies
>>
>>52167829
>>52167760
>>52167906
I'm down for the idea if you want to talk. I already have a shitty front end job and know the basics, but modern web stuff is so quick to pick up it's easy to start a project using whatever. I've found the web dev threads to be pretty shitty on here. Basically all phpfags.
>>
I was NEET for 10 years, now I help my dad's friend who runs a small business selling things online. I basically get emailed a list of shit to put on ebay which takes 5 minutes and then I spend the rest of the day watching stupid youtube videos for $10/hour with a promise of more in the future.
>>
>>52167985
>$10/hour

Damn. That won't even be enough for your own funeral.
>>
>>52165936
>>coded fully automatic webapp that is making money from AdSense
sick dude, whatd you make
>>
>>52168006
It probably doesnt exist
>>
>>52167998
I literally have no expenses though, I don't drive and parents provide food and shelter. Everything goes straight into my back account untouched.
>>
>>52167972
>tlk (dot) io (slash)patheticwebdevs
I'm still doing this shitty thing if anyone is interested.
>>
>>52165266
most of /g/ is neets, myself included.

toss me the noose
>>
I'm basically a NEET but I do have a remote job as a full stack developer.

I still live with my parents. And I rarely leave the house. Often it'll be weeks until I have an actual conversation with someone IRL (besides basic pleasantries with grocerry store employees).

I don't consider myself anti-social but I also don't crave social outings.

My goal is to get a job at a fairly large company. Currently I work for a pre-seed startup making less than an average SDE.
>>
>gig's
kill yourself
>>
>tfw I used to have a full-time job working as a technician for AT&T while taking college courses part time
>tfw I've been unemployed for close to two years now while barely taking any courses with no positive prospects for employment

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>52168242
>Where did it all go so wrong?

It started with you first post on 4chin. It was all downhill from there.
>>
>>52168148
How did you get your job?
>>
>>52168305
He was probably a normie before he became a NEET, I bet this dweeb doesn't even watch anime
>>
>>52168148
>NEET
>Has a job
Can you stop this already
Look up what NEET means
>>
>>52165334
My cousin was NEET for 3 or 4 years after high school and now he's doing electrician stuff for a friend of his dad's, so I guess there's hope
>>
I wish I was a NEET. I fantasize about having a crash on my way to work and going on a disability benefit for the rest of my life.

Fuck working.
>>
>>52168470
I wish you a debilitating car crash in 2016, Anon :)
>>
>>52167659
I did at one point.
>>
File: 1419638154281.jpg (65 KB, 500x603) Image search: [Google]
1419638154281.jpg
65 KB, 500x603
how do NEETS even exist?

I have a car payment, car insurance, motorcycle payment, electricity payment, internet payment, phone bill, rent, food/groceries/drink costs and on top of that fixing anything that breaks.

we really need a come to Jesus meeting with the term "NEET". LEACH is more like it, and i'm sure we can figure out a nice way to figure that one out.
>>
5 years as a neet,
>>
>>52168305
I work for a start-up so the entry requirements was pretty low. I never had any experience using MEAN but I worked my ass off learning it. I'm a pretty ambitious NEET.

>>52168374
There is virtually no difference. Just because I have money doesn't mean I don't have the same shitty lifestyle as a NEET.
>>
>>52165561
NEET experience never counts on a resume

"I taught myself this stuff" isn't good enough because you don't know how it's actually used in real life.
>>
>>52165592
your parents are wageslaves though, aren't they?

so, you're actually more like a slave owner, since you are dependent on their slavery to survive, aren't you?

fuck hypocritical, delusional, lazy NEETs
>>
>>52168552
We're parasites living off of other people. Parents, relatives, friends, welfare. We know we're worthless piles of human garbage, that's why we don't go outside.

As for money, if you don't live in a big city it's actually really cheap being a meet. 600 CAD a month gets me food internet shelter weed and video games.

I don't think anyone enjoys the NEET life, it's just a way to pass the time until death.
>>
>>52168619
>There is virtually no difference. Just because I have money doesn't mean I don't have the same shitty lifestyle as a NEET.
>THERE IS VIRTUALLY NO DIFFERENCE

YOU ARE IN EMPLOYMENT
YOU ARE NOT A NEET

NEET DOES NOT IMPLY LIFESTYLE, IT IS AN OBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION OF SOMEONE'S PARTICIPATION IN EMPLOYMENT, EDUCATION, OR TRAINING.

The word you are looking for is 'hikki', someone who stays inside a lot and has little to no social interaction.
>>
>>52165936
they always told you in school Weed will destroy your life. and you just didn't listen, did you, you good for nothing NEET
>>
>>52168552
If you're a neet you don't need a car or motorcycle. There's no phone bill to pay since you don't use that, for electricity, internet, food and rent, no need to pay that since it's either neetbux or parent's generosity.
There's no money needed for socialisation since that just doesn't happen.

The homeless are also NEETs
>>
>>52168619
>I work for a start-up so the entry requirements was pretty low.
Yeah but you had to work there first, then did something to get a remote job? Or did you get your remote job immediately? I can't picture that. Genuine question because your situation sounds really perfect.
>>
>>52168658
lmao, look at this neet. he's so NEET, he's telling other people they aren't NEETs because he has some weird quasi-employment.

in real life, that dude is for all intents and purposes unemployed.

the problem with NEETs is they are very incremental. it's very easy to lead them on because they are such pussies they dont ever draw a line.
>>
>>52165266
I used to be. I got a job because I run out of games and tv series.
>>
File: Kobe.webm (3 MB, 640x328) Image search: [Google]
Kobe.webm
3 MB, 640x328
>>52168681
>>
>>52168648
You can't make $600/month? How fucking lazy does one have to be? It's 60 hours of work at $10, or just 15 hours a week.

Fuck man. Really?
>>
>>52168681
If you can put it on your resume it counts.
>>
>>52168552
fanga on the trigga
>>
>>52168744

granny don't play, she ain't scared of jail yo.
>>
>>52167143
This desu
>>
>>52168681
NEET is an objective, binary measurement. There are no grey areas.
>>
File: 1426164551546.png (21 KB, 192x200) Image search: [Google]
1426164551546.png
21 KB, 192x200
Soon to be fellow neet but currently has job here, AMA
>>
>>52168729
I'm not making any excuses for my behavior, I'm just getting away with it.
>>
>>52168707
Wow Kobe's on fire there
>>
>>52168806
Why do you suck at doing your job?
>>
File: 1392336643583.jpg (57 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1392336643583.jpg
57 KB, 645x773
>>52168871
It's in a field completely different to my own, my colleagues hate me and I spend too much time fantasizing about 1 of them t͏bh
>>
File: b urself.jpg (104 KB, 960x925) Image search: [Google]
b urself.jpg
104 KB, 960x925
>>52165476
>>
What's your shining light today, fellow NEETs? I overslept and missed out on a party, but now I'm working on a dpt-roll.github.io clone.
>>
>>52168968
what's there to clone, all it is is a random highlight on the screen
>>
>>52167827
I wonder if jamals who can't get laid in America say this
>>
>>52168552
Maybe you should look up the original acronym
>>
>>52165266
Youre a fucking leech.
Regards, tax payer.
>>
>>52169659
>>52169659
Remain upset, friend.

With love,
A NEET
>>
>>52166024
nice pasta u fucking new fag
>>
Was one for 8 years. Until one day i quit smoking on the spot and started looking for a job. A moment of insanity i guess.

Was slightly terrifying at first but now i have a decent job i enjoy with ok salary. Not much else has changed, except now i have more money to spend on games i won't have time to play. -.-
>>
File: 1422923113944.png (302 KB, 828x1403) Image search: [Google]
1422923113944.png
302 KB, 828x1403
Been a neet over 3 years now. after dropping out of University. My family basically accepted my fate and tolerate me because i help around the house. learned to fake a mental illness so I can claim government disability money which gives me enough for Steam games, occasional PC upgrades and other shit.
No idea how long that's gonna last but so far feels good man. Still, TFW no gf.
>>
30 year old NEET here
considering suicide coz I don't want to spend another christmas and new years alone, with no money or food
>>
>>52165392
>>I need money and have a life goal to live in Japan since I was a little kid. I'm 20 now. So trying to figure out how to make enough $$$ to go to Language School in Japan.

So you're a NEET and you want to live in Japan. Holy shit lol.
>>
>>52170878
are you a wizard anon-kun?
>>
>>52166795
Sounds awesome man, nice. Any particular reason? I don't know how to explain it, it's just one of those things you have to do or you'll regret it everyday til you die. Just always been intrigued by japan/japanese related stuff since I was a kid. I'm a male so that should be fine. Studied off and on over years, really hadn't made progress, shitty life gets in way. Just know hiragana/katakana, not giving up on my dreams tho!
>>
>>52167143
Lol not a weaboo, anime is okay to watch but in the end its just some entertainment... I'd like to not work for a japanese company, just work for myself, be independent so I make my own hours + not 100% on what degree, maybe international relations, make connections and do something with that.
>>
>>52165392
dude, unless you're a normal person don't do this. if you wear a lot of black and have long hair or are obese, you will probably be made fun of in japan. my brother went to korea and he said that the weaboos who go over there have a tough time, because the east is nothing like anime.
>>
>>52165539
self hatred is an illusion that can be broken through. typically people who hate themselves don't view themselves as fit to have children, believing that their genes are defective. if you can break through this illusion than you deserve to pass on your genes. if you don't, then society is right about you and you don't deserve to pass on your genes.
>>
>>52165266
what anime is this ;___;
>>
I work entirely remotely, that shit is absolutely soul crushing.
>>
File: Sad-i-know-that-feel-clean-l.png (36 KB, 833x768) Image search: [Google]
Sad-i-know-that-feel-clean-l.png
36 KB, 833x768
>>52168648
>>
>>52172079
What about checking the filename?
>>
who german neet here?
>>
>>52172206
Don't they use you guys for fuel or something?
>>
>>52172372
you get paid for being a neet here
>>
>>52166094
>>52166878
Have severe autism, enough that it disables you in normal situation.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSjqo6cJ_04

:(
>>
>>52165266
I am not a NEET but a total shutin. I often do not leave my house for a month. However I make good penny, have no problems talking with people. Also I hold engineering degree in CS>
AMA
>>
>>52165266

Was NEET for 1 year-AMA releated
>>
How can you know that you're an autist or sperg without coughing up for the medical check?
>>
I was a neet. Let me tell you about my life.

In 2009 I left 6th form college, with shitty A-levels. I wanted to take a gap year, so I did.

Gap year was shit. I didnt work and i browsed /g/ for the entire of 2010.

I reapply to uni, the day before the deadline in 2010 and i get a place starting September that year (Foundation entry year to a science degree)

I did a placement abroad and i graduated a few months back, and got a job after 11 weeks.

All I can tell u guys is keep applying and concentrate on your image.
>>
File: 1447177944656.jpg (485 KB, 2832x2128) Image search: [Google]
1447177944656.jpg
485 KB, 2832x2128
>>52166024
Any more pictures of this place?
>>
>>52167459
you can probably lie. if you've got a good portfolio nobody cares.
>>
>>52168647
>spill my heart out to anons
>get fiercely attacked

baka no chill, enjoy your slave life you fucking cuck.
>>
Was a NEET for 6 years. Before that I flunked out of 2 Uni. Broke as phuck and up to my eyeball in debt from student loans. Was in a very terrible place, very depressed and wanted to end myself.

Slowly got my shit together working chitty paying jobs. Found /g/ took an interest in loonix, saw a local CC was teaching an intro to linux. Enrolled, teacher noticed I was really good with linux (ty based /g/). Asked me to take on a major. Talked about career paths with prof and other anons on /g/. Told me to look into becoming a sysadmin or networking.

Discovered I was really good with networking, signed up for the network admin degree at CC. Prof hooked me up with an internship. Internship decided to hire me to work full time after I graduated. Been here since and now im finishing my bachelors and putting a down payment on a house.

All is not lost fellow NEETs
>>
>>52173055
You give us hope....I salute you fellow NEET...All is truly not lost.
>>
>>52173055
You better send that prof some flowers or something.
>>
>>52173055
>here's my story about how I lucked out, all is not lost m8s :DDDD
>>
File: a.png (22 KB, 163x207) Image search: [Google]
a.png
22 KB, 163x207
>52172655
Anyone can get a job if they really wanted one. Some people become neets because they simply can't stand the current state of society they live in and hate the idea of working with others to uphold it. By being a neet I am slowly inflicting pain on the host society without ever being noticed.

I could probably get a programming job if I wanted to, all I'd have to do is take the bluepill and put on an act, but I'd rather stay home and be a total drag on society. My existence alone is a void, companies lose thousands in potential profits because I don't need their products. I consume a whole lot less by being a neet. I don't own a car or home, don't pay any taxes, I won't have a girlfriend or children who would have spent thousands in their lifetime. This society will never see the chance to usurp the resources profits they could gain from me if I had chosen to work. I am the cancer of this world, I'm incurring huge amount debt for the people that I know and the society I live in, and I take pleasure in doing it.
>>
>>52165869
>Chronic fatigue syndrome

You can't even call people lazy anymore. Why doesn't he use that to get himself some autismbux
>>
Why don't you people just get a job on any starter position? Like retail or something like that.

Any retard can do that.

I literally don't understand NEETs, they say they don't want to be like that, but they don't do anything about it.
>>
>>52170878
How did you survive to 30?
>>
File: 1435082218511.png (224 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435082218511.png
224 KB, 500x500
femNEET here. The government gives me free money for being autistic. I can do whatever I want and never have to leave the house. Looking forward to the upcoming VR waifu age.
>>
>>52170193
You're the worst kind of NEET
>>
>>52173524
you know the rules. Post pics or back to the kitchen.
>>
>>52165266
Look I don't really care if you are NEET, but could you at least clean your living space?
>>
File: 151116targetdisabled.jpg (58 KB, 600x631) Image search: [Google]
151116targetdisabled.jpg
58 KB, 600x631
>>52170193
THIS

Although claiming benefits kind of turned into a job in of itself. I have to attend doctors appointments, collect reports, fill out claim forms, etc
>>
>>52165392
Oh god this is too good. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>52172512
How do you get food? Order in?

How often do you shave and shower?
>>
File: ssi.jpg (222 KB, 1648x954) Image search: [Google]
ssi.jpg
222 KB, 1648x954
>>52166878
>>52166094
>>
>>52173223
There is no "luck", fatty. You are in charge of your own life, unless you live in a 3rd world country, where there is no hope for a regular Joe.

Just look at yourself in a mirror one day, and admit that you are just a lazy fuck, unwilling to put any effort into anything productive, and would rather stay in a comfy bubble at your parents' house.
>>
>>52173551
Unlike most NEETs I have a clean space, cant stand clutterness...I'm claustrophobic
>>
>>52173502
Some of them have genuine conditions, like fear of communication with other people. Some have mental issues. Some have autism. Some are just soul-crushingly shy, and can't beat it.

But most NEETs are just lazy fucking asses, who CHOSE not to do anything, and then blame everything and everyone else for their state of affairs. Fuck you, losers! Get off your asses, and make at least some contribution to the society, which you so comfortably leeched off of for a number of years. Fuck you!
>>
>>52173573
It would be really easy to make that up.
>>
>>52173502
Not even a NEET, but don't assume everyone can get a starter position "just like that". Where I live youth unemployment is so bad that working at McDonalds is pretty much a dream job. They have two "hiring days" a year, and get an insane amount of applications. Almost all starter positions are like that. 50% youth unemployment, yo.
>>
>>52173708
good, at least that something; but most neet pictures I've seen around here have literally thrash laying around and it irks me.
>>
>>52168635
i am not looking to sell myself, i just do it for fun
>>
I love the NEET lifestyle, but don't have parents who would house me. Currently working as a programmer trying to save up enough cash to live off the returns. Goal is a million just to get enough money off fixed income investments to pay for rent to live alone, internet, food, and the occasional computer upgrade.
>>
>>52173774
I like your style anon
>>
>>52173774
I know reddit is frowned upon, but https://www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence

I'm working my way there too. I'm going to retire in a cheap asian country with copious amounts of young asian ass
>>
>>52173807
Thailand?
>>
>>52173741
This is truth. Where I'm living, none of my younger friends or family members can get work. Fast food.. not even Walmart will give them a call. One of them applied to be a housekeeper at the hospital I work at(and I wrote them a pretty nice letter of recommendation), they were contacted to be told they were OVERQUALIFIED for the position.

I'm still at a loss for words over that. How the fuck is a 18y/o fresh graduate overqualified to wipe down a fucking toilet?
>>
>>52173741
>>52173857

Where do you two live?
>>
>>52173931
central ohio
>>
>>52173931
Where ever they live, they should move and not be afraid to move. I have worked in two countries and five cities. No regrets.
>>
>>52173953
not everyone is gifted with the ability to just relocate
>>
>>52173953
>move
With what money? Unemployment isn't a source of riches, you know.
>>
>>52174011
>>52174019
Each time I moved I moved under the assumption I:

A: Got the job, and had a starting date
B: Went into shared housing

I needed little upfront capital, only for travel.
>>
>>52174011
>>52174019

Save up a little. You have a perfect opportunity! You live with your parents, who are dying for you to go away as soon as possible. Even if you work part time at some shit ass minimum wage job, you can save thousands every year. Multiply that by, say, 5 years, and you will have enough money to relocate with zero financial issues.

You just don't do it, because you don't want to.
>>
>>52174134
No, no, no. You don't understand. There are no minimum wage, part time jobs. They're taken. We're out. 50% youth unemployment. FIFTY. PERCENT.

Don't worry though, I do have a plan to get out of this, I just needed to vent a bit.
>>
>>52174313
I live in a small ass/poor town in Arkansas....But can't let my surroundings dictate my future...i'm busting outta this shit hole even if no one believes in me, go after my dreams or at least die tryin!
>>
>>52174345
good luck anon.
>>
File: CommentPhotos.com_1406570831.jpg (45 KB, 290x260) Image search: [Google]
CommentPhotos.com_1406570831.jpg
45 KB, 290x260
>>52174467
>>
Hey NEETaroonies, How are you spending the first day of 2016?
>>
>>52176307
eating leftovers
playing skyrim
measuring the distance from my thumb to my mouth
>>
I was neet for about 4 or 5 years after dropping out of uni.

It's not easy, it's horrible. I had to apply for so many jobs, and I did. I did volunteer work, I took up productive hobbies. And I got an interview maybe every few months.

I'm not even that antisocial. Whenever I thought stuff was as bad as it could get, it got worse. By the end I had another breakdown wasn't even claiming benefits.

I got out of it by moving back to my uni town and living in a room for free in some friends' houseshare without the landlord knowing, and my dad gave me money so I could live there for a while, and after 7 failed interviews I got a crappy sales job and then a month after that a bad customer service one. I pay rent and everything now.

I've talked to people at work and stuff and think there are people in the first world whose basic subsistence depends on taking dangerous, frightening risks, and I guess I'm one. I will probably never have a comfortable life where I can feel safe that I'll have an income to rely on. But this is a better life now.

I love you all neets
>>
>>52168775
this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjcoyzfrVGM

some inspiration for everyone
>>
>>52176589
I'm enjoying this so far. Thank you. Definitely the inspiration I needed.
>>
>>52165916
Not as thin as acting like attitude is something that can't be changed.
>>
I'm probably going to finally go through through with suicide this year.
>>
>>52165916
>>52178341
Yeah man, at least try. Back in High School my personality was like a cross between Kai Shiden and JP from Grandma's boy. Now I have tons of friends and I'm generally pretty happy (outside of the NEET thing).

>>52178377
Do you have a story to go with that, anon?
>>
>>52178377
Don't.
>>
>>52165266
Been NEET for about a year now, I graduated college and went straight into a phd program for a silly social science subject. Was at if for a couple years before I decided I hated it and quit. Haven't been able to find a real job since.

I'm pretty comfy though, the university was in this shitty little town so I saved all my money and got some family help and bought a house. I'm renting out all the other rooms to pay the mortage and working a bit as a substitute teacher to pay bills. It's employment so I'm not a real NEET but I'm doing it like one day a week at most and you don't do shit. The worst part for me is feeling like you're not learning, or doing anything, you're just living and every day that gap of "so what have you been doing since 2014 anon?" gets bigger...
>>
File: 1338979924568.gif (499 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1338979924568.gif
499 KB, 500x281
Former NEET here.

I managed to get job experience so I've had a steady job for years.

The only difference is now I have no time to do the things I want.
>>
>>52178921
What's the job?
>>
Thinking about going NEET. It's not like I make any money in my job anyway, considering I live in the Eastern Yurop.
>>
>>52178377
How are you going to do it? Just asking... for a friend.
Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.