[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys! I have an idea. Dealing with batteries is so complicated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: removing macbook pro battery.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
removing macbook pro battery.webm
1 MB, 640x480
Hey guys! I have an idea. Dealing with batteries is so complicated for the end-user. How about making them non-removable? GENUIS!
>>
I hate dealing with batteries. I hope one day we can have nuclear powered laptops that need to recharge only every 20 years.

Wouldn't that be nice?
>>
I've never been able to remove a battery from an iphone without puncturing it. Plastice tools aren't strong enough to pry it from the glue and metal tools always rupture them. The best advice is to just drain the battery before you remove it.
>>
>>52162269
Oh hi there, David Hahn.
>>
>>52162241

You know this guy is an idiot because he waits to see if will explode before running away.
>>
>>52162332
ip5 and newer have command adhesive strips, literally the easiest batteries to replace.
>>
>>52162369
I agree, but only because he's a technician.

The majority of people would be so taken aback that they would not react as quickly or as effectively in that situation. See: people who look at a distant, massive explosion through their window and get a face full of shattered glass from the shockwave.
>>
I was watching that bear grill shit the other week and he cut in to the end of a cellphone batt to set it off like that and start a fire.

>tfw bear grill know about about battery than you
>>
>>52162269
yeah i want to hold nuclear materials next to my testicles for hours at a time
>>
>>52162391

In theory they should be, but in almost all cases the tab to pull isn't visible to grab. Ipads are the worst.
>>
>>52162418
You aren't going to have children.
>>
>>52162369
You know this guy is an idiot because you can see he has soiled himself when he comes back on camera.

Also he does this shit inside.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2QJHWHZAxg&feature=iv&src_vid=VFR7JTji6b0&annotation_id=annotation_2541573469
Oh I see.
>>
What is that smoke coming from the battery? How toxic is that to breathe?
>>
>>52162549
>What is that smoke coming from the battery?
Apple magic smoke.

>How toxic is that to breathe?
It's not. It's what makes using a Mac magical and slowly turns them gay. Getting a dosage that fast causes instant homosexuality however.
>>
>>52162241
Funny thing here is apple batteries are the easiest to change of all cell phones, samsung and HTC are much more difficult.
>>
>>52162620
this desu senpai

You just throw the iShit into the trash and shell out for another $900 piece of shit like a good goy.
>>
>>52162585

That is hilarious.
>>
File: 1413619649603.gif (10 KB, 640x918) Image search: [Google]
1413619649603.gif
10 KB, 640x918
>>52162651
Stay mad while I change my battery in under 4 minutes and you throw your HTC/samsung junk into the trash can.
>>
File: P_20160101_121747.jpg (982 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
P_20160101_121747.jpg
982 KB, 1920x2560
>>52162620
>samsung
You what Mactard?
>>
File: fox-grapes-comics-700859.jpg (227 KB, 688x1434) Image search: [Google]
fox-grapes-comics-700859.jpg
227 KB, 688x1434
>>52162708
Stay mad while I change my removable battery in 10 seconds and you throw your iShit junk into the trash can after voiding the warranty.
>>
>>52162549

I know that those batteries are usually loaded up with fluorine compounds I wouldn't take my chance breathing that shit for a second.
>>
>>52162241
he sliced open the battery your supposed to slowly pry it up and use a little heat if possible
>>
>>52162778
>your supposed to throw that shit into the trash and buy a new one

Fixed.
>>
>>52162241
chink is puncturing the battery wrong
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yjd0WfHpvA
>that bending of the battery trying to remove it
>those wrinkles in the new battery
Jesus fucking Christ. That thing's primed to explode.
The Note5 video I watched may have been more difficult to get to the battery but at least the battery appeared to be more resilliant when they were removing it, the iPhone battery looks like it has shit for structural strength.
>>
>implying it's about anything other than making money
good goy
>>
>>52162585
You forgot your ™'s.
>>
>>52162769
The energy density of Lithium polymer batteries is very hazardous.
I await with interest the first reports of a hybrid car detonating.
>>
>>52162741
New samsung.
>>
>>52162808
>chink is puncturing the battery wrong
There is a right way to puncture a battery?
>>
>>52162857
>prying the battery
Lol watch any other vid and they pull the battery removal tabs (yes those exist and are at the bottom of the battery)
When you pull the tabs the battery pops out without and force, that person didn't know what they were doing.
>>
>>52163179
without any force*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTSbkG41p2o
1:25 here
>>
Why isn't battery technology keeping up with our current demands on portable devices? I want my device to last a few days at least.
>>
>>52162418
Beta emitters would be pretty harmless because they wouldn't be able to penetrate say an aluminum case and well, that's really the only option since you obviously can't have a thermonuclear reactor in your pocket.
The disadvantage is that they are pretty weak though.
>>
>>52163179
>Lol watch any other vid and they pull the battery removal tabs
That's what they did in the video though.
>>
>>52162504
Yeah, he should've been disassembling laptops outside, right?
>>
>>52163206
He's applying force to the glue, not the battery.
>>
>>52164880
Something has to hold the battery in place, if there was no glue the battery would rattle around and cause wear/noise
I don't see the issue with the amount of force used to remove the tabs in the video I linked, looked fine to me, battery wasn't damaged or bent at all.
>>
>>52163237
Nigga you're the only weak beta emitter here
>>
>>52162241
They make it like that on purpose, so only Apple or their own companies can fix them. Apple had to change the way they put in the battery because independent repair shops were complaining that it was impossible to remove without severing the ribbon that goes into the finger print reader, and they would effectively brick the phone when they opened it. They also go after people that put out guides on how to fix them with DMCA copyright lawsuits. It isn't just Apple, all the tech companies are doing it, but particularly phones.
Imagine if you had modular phones, that were fixable like a PC, if you could build your own phone...
>>
>>52163998
If you're dealing with things that can potentially create toxic fumes, yes.
Or at least have an air extractor nearby.
>>
>>52165171
>Apple had to change the way they put in the battery
No they didn't.
>>
Other companies are starting to have batteries sealed inside the laptop. Easily removable with a screwdriver and about 5 minutes, but that is not doable over the phone. Had a client with this sort of laptop and was trying to do the old battery remove discharge trick.
>>
>>52165171
>They also go after people that put out guides on how to fix them with DMCA copyright lawsuits.
No they didn't.
Please see ifixit.com among others.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.