[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: sendhelp.png (32 KB, 733x503) Image search: [Google]
sendhelp.png
32 KB, 733x503
I got a new GPU and PSU recently and all was well until about 15 minutes into any vidya that has graphics better that like Terraria. Screen goes green while the last sound that played out of the speakers goes on a horrendous loop, then a full restart occurs.

I thought it was a matter of temperature at first, but it's happened even when overall, my system is fairly cool during a game.

This is the GPU:
http://www.amazon.com/GDDR5-Express-Ready-CrossFire-STRIX-R9380X-4G-GAMING/dp/B0188DEE66/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451594322&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+strix+380x
and this is the PSU:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017HA3RGE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
>>
File: 1451181630668.png (2 MB, 7200x3600) Image search: [Google]
1451181630668.png
2 MB, 7200x3600
wallpaper bump
>>
Is there any remnants of your old video card, like programs, etc? First thing is I would uninstall the current drivers and reinstall the most recent ones and see what it does.

I doubt the PSU is the issue, I bet anything it is GPU and driver related.
>>
>>52162634
Also, try to reseat your video card and make sure all your PSU connectors are secure and seated correctly. Also check your RAM and make sure none of it got nudged when you installed everything.
>>
>>52162170
Holy shit
my time to shine (I hope)
I had your exact problem
I fixed it by using MSI Afterburner (or whatever program you want to use) to up my GPU's voltage by 0.5V
>>
File: 1425924723308.jpg (851 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1425924723308.jpg
851 KB, 1920x1080
Thank you for responding.

>>52162634
I've cleaned out all the drivers and reinstalled multiple times to no avail. I will try it again, though. At this point, I'm willing to try anything; I just want to play vidya.

>>52162669
Will also try.

>>52162712
Gonna give this a go.
>>
>>52162712
From baseline, 1200mV to 1700mv?
>>
>>52162841
Should be enough
for me it was 1.5 up to 2
>>
Tried reseating everything and wiped/reinstalled drivers. Same crash during games.

>>52163108
For whatever reason, Afterburner wouldn't let me adjust the voltage no matter what settings I changed, so I gave up on it and went back to GPU Tweak 2. However, it only allows me to run the voltage at a maximum of 1350mV. Also, I imagine this thing's going to run even hotter if I raise the voltage.
>>
>>52163538
Maybe 1.35 will be enough to fix your problem, hopefully.
You shouldn't notice any heat increase at all really with as little extra voltage, even at 0.5 I'm noticing no difference
>>
Hypothetically, if raising voltages works, so will lowering clockspeeds (try 15% for core and mem) . If it's easier for testing, go with the latter? check you system logbook (system and software section) for errors at time at crash. Maybe you got a faulty card. Or else a driver problem.
>>
>>52163703
Lowering clockspeed didn't work for me, only raising the voltage.
>>
I raised the voltage a bit and was able to play a full hour of Planetside 2. I didn't keep playing to see if I crashed again, so I don't know if it's 100% fixed, but seems to be. Thanks a shit ton, anons!

I'm still going to try lowering the voltage as well, just to see if that's a viable solution as well.
>>
>>52164199
No problem man!
When I had the problem I couldn't find a solution anywhere, I even reinstalled windows and everything, so I'm glad I could help someone else with the same problem.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.