[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of LinkedIn? Is it just Facebook for business?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: download.png (1 KB, 151x151) Image search: [Google]
download.png
1 KB, 151x151
What does /g/ think of LinkedIn?

Is it just Facebook for business?

I received an "I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn" email (i.e., friend request), and my first thought was, "Oh, X is looking for a new job, and plans to leave the company."
>>
File: Untitled.png (5 KB, 605x124) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5 KB, 605x124
Also, get a load of the fine print at the bottom of the email: because my friend referred me, LinkedIn assumes the right to use my email address now.
>>
>>52160830
all the things that are awful about facebook and all the things that are awful about "professional networking", all rolled into one
>>
>>52160830
Garbage. Sad to think such a shitty site could potentially prevent someone from landing a life changing opportunity just because they didn't have an account at that rusty shithole.
>>
>>52160830
If you are serious about use of LinkedIn, and actually have a certain level of experience, I can almost guarantee that you potentially can land a decent job just through networking.

I know several people, who did just that.

I personally would never use it, because I don't want my entire work history floating on the Internet. I find my jobs the old fashioned way - phone calls, resumes, and friend referrals.
>>
>>52161069

So you're saying some companies' hiring decision is based on your [lack of a] LinkedIn profile?

The company I worked for has an internal "MySpace", for which I felt pretty much compelled to create a profile. Never use it.
>>
>>52161152
I don't know for sure but there's definitely been people hired for having a profile on there. My brothers wife got her job because of her LinkedIn profile.

She got her job over some people whom presumably didn't have an account.

Back when I had an account I got 3 calls for IT jobs, somethibg I was trying to distance myself from. Now when you Google my name the only thing that comes up is a picture of my LinkedIn profile pic.
>>
Linkedin has helped friends of mine get in touch with recruiters, thats all it is you faggots.

You probably dont have one because youre fat face on your profile will deter 90% of people
>>
>>52161393
Your mom didn't seem to mind.

Son...
>>
>>52161393

Was not even aware there was a profile photo.

Thanks for the info, minus the snark.
>>
>>52161407
Papa?...
>>
>>52161444
Yeah you should have a decent face photo if you do it. Sorry about the snark. Im being passive aggressive.
>>
It's a site for women to help out other women. The only men on there are headhunters and they're lower than lawyers and scabs.
>>
>>52160830
botnet
>>
>>52160830
you shouldn't be surprised if you receive spam from them.

they got sued for it. and the person "sending" the friend request is actually oblivious about it.
>>
>>52161578
>never used LinkedIn
>possibly never even had a job that pays above minimum wage

Why should we listen to you?
>>
>>52161654
>>never used LinkedIn
>>possibly never even had a job that pays above minimum wage

>be OP
>never used LinkedIn
>earn six figures
>your point is invalid
>>
>>52161742
>earn six figures
>spends New Years on 4chin

Top hue!
>>
>>52161757

>implying I haven't been on vacation for the past two weeks
>>
>>52161757
desu senpai, I earn nearly 6 figures and I'm here at my parents house, upstairs on 4chins playing with my willy.

I'll go downstairs soon to watch the fireworks in
L O N D O N , and then play with my willy some more.
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>52161841
>6 figures
>living with mommy

Does not compute.
>>
>>52161888
He sounds mentally challenged. Probably talking about Good Boy Points, not Great British Pounds.
>>
>>52161888
>>living with mommy

>0 figures
>0 reading comprehension

He said he was at their house. That doesn't imply he lives there.
>>
>>52161888
>when you leave your parent's house you can never return

It's fucking new years and christmas just went.
Are you fucking retarded?

>>52161931
whatever brah
>>
>>52161937
>He said he was at their house. That doesn't imply he lives there.

He is making up stories about 6 figures on 4chan. Of course he lives there.
>>
As far as I'm concerned LinkedIn is the only way to find a job these days. Reach out to recruiters directly. Anyone filling out endless applications on companies websites is wasting their time.

source: got my last job by this method. sadly I paid for premium but I think thats optional.
>>
>>52162051
I earn £65K, which isn't a difficult salary to earn here in the UK.

That is almost 100k in US toilet paper.

Shut up.
>>
>>52162113
Not everyone wants to be a male prostitute, though. How many chavs do you service a night?
>>
>>52162140
Only a handful, your mum pays a decent tip, so I don't need to work that hard.
>>
Site is a fucking scam. You can pay to have your application at the top of the list.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.