[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WINDOWS FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH https://www.youtube.com/watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Hacked-PS4-930x520-930x420.jpg (49 KB, 930x420) Image search: [Google]
Hacked-PS4-930x520-930x420.jpg
49 KB, 930x420
WINDOWS FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A7V3GLWF6U
>>
>>52159836
So how do I play KH3 on gentoo?
>>
Why would Winfags be on suicide watch?

Seems like Linux users got so butthurt over PlayStation running BSD so they had to defecate Linux on to it and now it can play no games or do anything useful other than have broken shitty graphics and run 15 year old games poorly in an emulator.

It's literally the same as installing GNU/Linux on a desktop computer, it's broken and completely useless.
>>
>>52159836
Now make it run any game at 4K 60FPS and then say something.
>>
>>52159902
>Seems like Linux users got so butthurt over PlayStation running BSD
Why would anyone get butthurt over it?
Seems like a very logical thing to do, you're saved a lot of work making an OS that sort of works and still you aren't obliged to share your changes to it with anyone.

Microsoft uses heavily modified Windows on their Xboxes to achieve the same thing
>>
>>52160010
>Why would anyone get butthurt over it?

Well why else would you put Linux on a PS4 rendering it useless as anything but a $400 door stop?
>>
File: tumblr_ncrh7o4epF1r2to8go1_1280.png (731 KB, 1027x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncrh7o4epF1r2to8go1_1280.png
731 KB, 1027x700
>>52160055
>Well why else would you put Linux on a PS4
Because they wanted to prove you can?

I mean guessing from the top right corner of the video, the whole thing was presented at the CCC, which at this point is a fucking ancient computer hacking-related conference.

Hell even at the beginning of the video it says "Console Hacking".

I remember the big news when botched security on the xbox360 allowed the user to install Linux.
Are you implying that Linux users were buttblasted that Microsoft didn't use Linux on an Xbox aswell?

Lmao, educate yourself on what hacker culture is about, and then post bullshit.
>>
>>52160055

Hacker ethos; Because you can.
>>
>>52160154
>Lmao, educate yourself on what hacker culture is about, and then post bullshit.

Thank you for educating me.
Today I learnt that hacker culture is taking working, functional products worth hundreds of dollars and making them completely useless.
>>
I would be more impressed if they could run a ps4 game on a regular pc.
>>
File: laughing zelda.jpg (12 KB, 190x287) Image search: [Google]
laughing zelda.jpg
12 KB, 190x287
>>52160261
how convenient of you to ignore everything else i said

get the fuck out back to /v/eddit
>>
>>52160268
ps4 doesn't have an emulator?
>>
>>52159836
Who gives a fuck
>>
File: 1418670229024.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1418670229024.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>52160055
I assume you're referring to this
>>
>>52160275
Never been to /v/ but I'll check it out soon, first I'm going to go outside and turn my working functional car in to a giant brick to hold my gate open.

Tonight I will become a hacker. Wish me luck!
>>
>>52160275
this fampai
>>
>>52160316
Not the other guy but what are you doing on /g/?
>>
>>52160316

>turn my working functional car in to a giant brick to hold my gate open

So millenials interpret the hacker ethos from "lets re-purpose this bicycle into a motorized bike" to "I'm gonna turn my car into a brick to hold your gate open."

These mouthbreathers are truly touched in the head. Good luck!
>>
>>52160593
True hacking is making an LED blink on your Arduino when your epic bacon finishes cooking
>>
If the PS4 is basically a PC and it can run Linux now

Do you think they could install Steam on there and load up some Linux games?

The hardware has to be good enough for shit like TF2 and CSGO
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.