[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>install Linux you faggots said >can always dual-boot you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
>install Linux you faggots said
>can always dual-boot you faggots aid
>Linux Mint overwrote Windows boot files anyways
>Grub doesn't recognize Windows at all
>Try various Linux support forums but all I get are autistic answers that don't even come close to solving my problem
>Need Windows for work today

T-thanks.
>>
>>52155077
Debian doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>52155077
To fix that in arch you install os-prober
Try that
>>
>>52155206

How?

Google doesn't have fucking shit on fixing this. Everything is about the other way around (booting Windows and not seeing Linux)
>>
>>52155077
If you took at least 30 seconds to think about it before falling for /g/'s meme OS, you would have made sure to have a Windows installation media with you to restore the boot manager.
>>
>>52155077
Windows user here.

This is why windows users have a bad name. You can't even fix something this basic. Just die already.
>>
>>52155077
It's not linux fault, it's windows. Fucking M$ created their own fucking autistic way of booting their shitOS. You need to fix the MBR.
Most likely all you have to do is install BootRepair from standard mint repositories and let it fix the shit for you. Otherwise just reinstall grub or fixmbr with windows installation CD.
>>
>>52155318
>hurrr hurrr its window and M$$$ fault bcause they dont use grub like us the ganoo plus loonix mustard race do :^(((((((
>>
>>52155308
>>52155358
Linux is like anime: it's the cancer killing 4chan.
>>
>>52155371
How new are you here?
>>
>>52155077
sudo apt-get install os-prober
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
>>
lold if you formatted over your windows partition
open terminal and write lsblk -fs then paste the output here
>>
>>52155438
Anime is off-topic and belongs on /a/.
>It's OK when animefags do it.
>>
>>52155371
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1446558502264.jpg (26 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1446558502264.jpg
26 KB, 625x626
When an idiot wants to do something for the first time, and doesn't make a back-up.
>>
>>52155477
>image board based on 2chan
>Anime is off-topic
pick one you

>GNU/Linux
>cancer
once again pick one you fucking newfag
>>
>>52155477
Then say "it's the cancer killing non-anime boards", there wouldn't be chinese cartoons all over the banners if it weren't part of chan culture.
>>
>>52155458
Pic related.

>>52155469
drtro@laptop ~ $ lsblk -f
NAME FSTYPE LABEL MOUNTPOINT
sda
├─sda1
├─sda2 /
├─sda3 /boot/efi
├─sda4
├─sda5
├─sda6
├─sda7
└─sda8 [SWAP]
sdb
└─sdb1 /media/drtro/USB Stick
sr0 iso9660 U3 System
drtro@laptop ~ $
>>
>>52155077
>installing linux
>not using manual setup or fucked up manual setup
>blame others for incompetence
Layer 8 problem, i guarantee it
>>
>>52155077
>saints fan

You deserved this
>>
>>52155077
Run gparted and post your partitioning scheme.
sudo apt-get install gparted -y

sudo gparted
>>
>>52155077
>Linux Mint overwrote Windows boot files anyways

never had this problem before, you're just unlucky/retarded
>>
>>52155265
>google "Linux Overwrote Windows"
>get link as second option
>???
>>
File: peak_autism.gif (68 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
peak_autism.gif
68 KB, 500x293
>>52155371
>technology board
>linux is cancer

OP just fucked up, I mean, mint installer is really clear about what's going to happen to your partitions
>>
autism is bad
>>
>>52155077
>posting on /g/
>not having more than 5 PCs ready to use
bwaaaaaaahahahhaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>52155651
Kek windows is gone desu.
>>
>>52155077
>>Linux Mint overwrote Windows boot files anyways
>NOT HAVING A SPARE HARD DRIVE HANDY IN CASE SOME SHIT LIKE THIS HAPPENS

i am DYYYYYYING over here anon HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>I fucked up

>it's Linux and anime's fault

Nigga please. And you should've used xubuntu
>>
File: 1448254887411.jpg (11 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
1448254887411.jpg
11 KB, 236x177
VMware sounds pretty damn nice now doesnt it op
>>
>>52155077

WE DEM AINTS.
>>
>>52155077
Linux isn't designed for retards like you. Just stick to your Winshit, /v/ermin.
>>
>>52156017
>>52155975
>damage control
>>
I'd just like to interject for a moment.

What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>52155975
Nice filename SEMPAIFAMILIA
>>
>>52155077
>Dualboot
Why does it hurt winfags so much to get rid of their Spyware OS? It literally makes no sense to install Linux when you run a huge ass malware OS right next to it.
>>
>>52155077
No backup no sympathy
>>
>>52155077
You seems too stupid to even attempt this so why did you do it?

>Doing something you have no clue how to do on a work comp.
Here's your reply.

5/10
>>
>>52155077
>insert windows install disk
>repair computer
>repair the boot loader
>modify grub
>profit

stop being an autistic winfag, OP
>>
>falling for linux meme
>>
>>52155265
In short, you're borderline retarded and don't know how to search for software in your distros repo. Stick to windows, it just werks, if you have no self respect and give no fucks about performance, fragmentation, privacy, excessive bloat and memory.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.