[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does it make you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
How does it make you feel?
>>
I feel kinda hungry desu familia. What should I prepare myself?
>>
>>52154163
get your mom to make you some chicken tendies
>>
>>52154132

As far as I know, back then being a computer engineer, programmer, or even operator, was a big deal and recognized as it deserves. There were no meme technologies, no "nerds", no sjw-mozilla, and no pajeets.

Fuck man, what went so wrong? I would give up the technology advancements only to go back to the old times.
>>
>>52154427
That knowlidge is trivia now. You can be important now too, you dipshit, just know more then others.
>>
>>52154427

Could it possibly be because about 70 million smelly brown people living in countries where it is acceptable to shit on the streets know more, technically speaking, than the small amount that pioneers back knew when the technology was new?
>>
>>52154487
What is trivia? Using windows? Well you fuck, I wonder why. Hint: It's designed to make laymen feel like they're computer experts.

Programming? Maybe if you are a script kid with these new languages designed to make it accessible, and not even then is it actually that easy.

I do know more than others, I went to college, interned at decent companies, and do relatively advanced stuff on my spare time. But even then the social recongition for this is not the same as in the old times.

>>52154532
I'm not sure tbqh. All pajeets know is how to use programming languages, and that's it. That's theoretically enough to program and that's why they get outsource-tier jobs, but the results...
>>
Makes me feel oddly nostalgic for being 30. Also great because I can afford awesome technology I don't need a truck for.
>>
>>52154427
>I would give up the technology advancements only to go back to the old times.
Why.
>>
>>52154618
You still weren't even born back then, mate, but I feel you, I'm 22 and still wish I was there.

Back then, a hard drive being loaded into a truck had tens of suited men watching. Now, there's an SJW organization teaching third worlders how to "code" so they can take our jobs.

>>52154632
Because technology advancements don't necessarily mean happiness, you know that, and sometimes it even makes things worse.

In what way does it make your life better that computers are more powerful?
>>
>>52154132
>1956
I bet at least half the components of whatever it was to be plugged in to were analog.
>>
>>52154664
better video games anon
>>
>>52154719
well true that, i would give up videogames and the internet for being more important though
>>
>>52154664
>Because technology advancements don't necessarily mean happiness
And why does removing technology advancement mean happiness then?

>In what way does it make your life better that computers are more powerful?
Communicating with whoever I want wherever I am, having basically all the knowledge of the world in my pocket and other technological advancements which make everything easier are making my life better.

Don't use technology as a scapegoat for why you are unhappy. Removing modern technology doesn't magically make your life better by making it simpler. You can make your life better yourself, no matter how far technology has advanced.
>>
>>52154132
i want some liver
>>
it makes me sage a shit thread
>>
>>52154733
>And why does removing technology advancement mean happiness then?

I told you mate. More recognition for our job, and there were no memes, no sjw, no "nerds" and no indians.
>>
>>52154664
Are you American? You sound dumb as hell with your sjw whining.
>>
People dressed a lot better... even fucking movers

it's crazy
>>
>>52154753
Of course there and they were nerds. Maybe not going by that particular label but still the same.
>>
>>52154753
>More recognition for our job
So you simply want more recognition for what you do? How about you earn that recognition somehow instead of trying to travel back in time?
>>
>>52154757

No I'm not American I'm from western Europe. Sorry Rajesh.

>>52154780
Yeah but I bet no one called them nerds. And they probably got pussy solely by working on computers.

>>52154782
How exactly with all these indians and bootcamp kids pretending they can do my job?
>>
File: QR upload aborted..png (547 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
QR upload aborted..png
547 KB, 1360x768
>>52154610
>It's designed to make laymen feel like they're computer experts.
In what way? This comment genuinely baffles me.
>>
>>52154857
Well it's easy to use, every configuration menu explains it's own options, and complicated stuff is just hidden.
>>
>>52154807
>How exactly with all these indians and bootcamp kids pretending they can do my job?
By being better than them by such a margin that it matters?

People "back then" were experts in their field, access to technology like that was basically unheard of. Nowadays it's way easier to become a programmer, so you have to do the same amount of ground-breaking work like those men did in old times in order to be recognised.

If you're just an average programmer, you don't have to be surprised that other people can do your job the same way or even better for less pay. Programmers back then were special, however not special at all if you compare them to modern standards. You have to do something special by our modern standards to be recognised as something special.

It'd help if you stopped living in the past and get rid of your unfounded worries. Judging from sentences like
>And they probably got pussy solely by working on computers.
you don't seem to be interested in improving your life however, so whatever.
>>
>>52154883
>do your job the same way or even better for less pay
typical pajeet

you arent even close

back then there were no indians
>>
>>52154807
Yeah guess the mate should have told me. So you're some angsty white nerd in GB then?

You honestly think back then when IT wasn't as abstract and visible with all the cool tech today but highly maths and electrical engineering based they were _less_ prone to be considered social outcasts and made fun of by a general public with far fewer people enjoying higher educatio? You really are a thinker, aren't you?
>>
>>52154731
Wow you sure are pathetic. Are you some cubicle rat who whines about their job at the pantry?
>>
>>52154915
>IT wasn't as abstract and visible with all the cool tech today but highly maths and electrical engineering based

thats the whole point it was more serious

>>52154929
t. Rajit Kumar
>>
>>52154610
You know more then some people. Still millions know as much or more than you.
>>
File: images(3).jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>52154664
>>52154532
Your falt you're on level with them. Be better.
>>
File: images(4).jpg (8 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
8 KB, 267x189
>>52154733
>Because technology advancements don't necessarily mean happiness
Read my manifesto
>>
>>52154807
>Yeah but I bet no one called them nerds. And they probably got pussy solely by working on computers.
B8 for sure
Pic related: cunt destroyer
>>
File: images(5).jpg (11 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
images(5).jpg
11 KB, 258x195
>>52155187
Forgat the pic
>>
I feel like everyone dressed a lot better back then.
>>
>>52155126
>Be better

So in other words accept slave level labor, and a massive decrease in lifestyle because our goverment won't protect our borders and economy for people with no standards of living

Nice meme btw. Really convincing argument you made with that cartoon panel

>>52155152
+1 to this
>>
>>52155237
Stuff (clothes included) was expensive and with that comes pride of ownership. Also more shit is tolerated now, pic related.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-31-16-49-15.png (99 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-31-16-49-15.png
99 KB, 480x800
>>52155260
Jokes on you
>>
>>52155356
I have no clue what a pic of your phone screen adds to this discussion
>>
>>52155152
i dont give a shit who that guy is, but look, unlike you, hes white

>>52155260
>So in other words accept slave level labor, and a massive decrease in lifestyle because our goverment won't protect our borders and economy for people with no standards of living

this!
>>
>>52155114
The university I studied at has billions of yearly budget
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.