[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What laptop is /g/ using? Are you happy with the performance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: laptop.png (90 KB, 1171x505) Image search: [Google]
laptop.png
90 KB, 1171x505
What laptop is /g/ using?
Are you happy with the performance and battery life?
>>
Acer Chromebook 11

Its nice, 9-10 hour battery life, and it works for what i need it to do.

God-tier processor for a chromebook under 150$.
>>
>>52152316
X550JX
I'm pretty happy with it
For the hardware, the battery is decent
>>
Sammy Series 9 2nd gen, I lobe this baby. 3+ years old and still working flawlessly. Excellent performance, only about 3-4 hours of battery (ultrabooks man...), but doesn't bother me
>>
is 16 gb RAM the norm now?
>>
>>52152316
dell latitude e5450
nice batterylife under linux (about 5-6 hours I think). Only downside is the shitty hd-panel. Might upgrade to a fhd one. Is fhd good on a 14" laptop?
>>
Just got an ASUS GL552VW. Very happy with screen, ease of upgrading (fuck paying ASUS $300 for a 256GB SSD - I can do it myself) and general usage. I've only had it for a day though, so grain of salt.
>>
Using a old Toshiba Satellite, should have gotten a desktop. It is always plugged in.
To my defense, I got it before getting a tablet for my birthday. And I am a poor student
>>
>>52152316
I'm using a T420. It has 8 GB of RAM and an i5 at 3.2 GHz. I'm very satisfied with the performance. I use Debian, and I get between 4 and 5 hours of battery (depending on DE/WM). It's not great, but I can't complain for such an old computer.
>>52152613
Not in laptops. Most consumer laptops have 4-8 GB. Some netbooks have 2.
>>52152614
It would be better to ask this in the ThinkPad general thread. Many people upgrade their panels for a higher resolution.
>>52153005
I have a Toshiba Satellite. It was my first laptop. I haven't had a single problem with it in 4 years, and it still runs incredibly well. I've never had to reset or fix it. Nobody on the Internet seems to like them, but it has been and continues to be a great machine. I get about 5 hours of battery life on mine after 4 years of daily use.
>>
2015 rMBP 13" i5/16GB/512GB

Best laptop I've ever owned. Works great for webdev.
>>
File: file.png (117 KB, 729x544) Image search: [Google]
file.png
117 KB, 729x544
Pretty fucking happy to be quite honest with you family

Can play even the most demanding games maxed out at 60+
Witcher 3 is probably the only exception, I have to go on High and turn of HW, to get that 60fps
Plus it has Thunderbolt 3
>>
>>52153005
>>52153231
I also have an old (5 years) toshiba sattelite as a linux machine, the battery is worn out to the point it only lasts half an hour, a few keys are missing from the keyboard, the left mouse button is super sensitive for some reason. I upgraded it's ram to 8gb from 4gb by taking out the ram of a newer laptop that died after 3 years of use. It couldn't handle the pre-installed bloated to hell windows 7, so I put Mint on it and got a better (as in more powerful hardware) laptop (acer aspire v3), but it was a flimsy piece of dick, it also had the tightest fucking lan port ever (everytime I unplugged the lan cable, I felt like I probably broke something inside it, which might've actually been the case), the motherboard somehow busted and took the hdd (with all my important and persbal shit on it) out too. The ram was still fine so I put it in the sattelite. I was thinking of putting the wifi card in the sattelite too, but I looked it up and it has problems with wifi on linux. The sattelite has problems with lan sometimes, it sometimes doesn't get detected, but a quick reboot fixes it.
>>
>>52153679
Is that a Predator?
>>
>>52154071
yeah, it is pretty good
best money i have spent desu
>inb4 could have built a pc
I require constantly moving from place to place
>>
>>52153679
>gaming laptop
I wish I could get one but I'm too poor :(
>>
>>52154144
Just asking, what's a good laptop suited for portability but has a good amount of power
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.