[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reddit is actively censoring Ian's death and the obvious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1450743755014.jpg (169 KB, 904x904) Image search: [Google]
1450743755014.jpg
169 KB, 904x904
Reddit is actively censoring Ian's death and the obvious fact that the government is behind it.
>>
Who?
Why should I give a fuck?
>>
>>52149001
go home, /pol/
>>
>>52149001
nobody cares reddit, go home.
>>
>>52149001
the theory that his death was coordinated by the NSA is conspiratorial and unfounded. It's fine to talk about it here and on other places where post quality is a laissez-faire issue, but if reddit doesn't want to entertain speculation sans-evidence about the very recent death of someone, that's entirely up to them.

why do savvy users of the internet (as most young people claim to be) seem to surprised when they discover that digital commons spaces like reddit, facebook, twitter, etc... are owned and ultimately moderated by the people that own those platforms? it's entirely up to reddit's owner(s) to say (arbitrarily, if they want) that anything they want is forbidden to discuss.

it's their site, not yours. it's their call to censor discussion about someone's death in whatever way they want.
>>
Knowing Reddit, the real reason is that he said nigger when he was literally going insane, and that mourning him would be insensitive to blacks everywhere.
>>
And Gary Kildall died in a bar fight and Phil Katz died of alcoholism. People die.
>>
>According to the San Francisco police, officers were called to Steiner and Union St in the city at 11.30pm on Saturday, December 26, following reports of a man trying to break into a home – that man was identified as Ian Murdock. He reportedly fought with the cops, and was given a ticket for two counts of assault and one for obstruction of an officer. The techie had been drinking, according to the police logs

>A few hours later, on Sunday, December 27 at 2.40am, police were called again to reports of Murdock banging on the door of a neighbor at the very same block. A medic arrived to treat him for any injuries at the scene. Next, the cops took Murdock to the county jail where he was held in a cell

he was a drunk who couldn't keep his life together. he got caught trying to break in somewhere while drunk, took a swing at an officer, got cited, and then cried about "muh reverse racism" until he ultimately decided to off himself because no one cared that a drunk got in trouble with the cops for breaking the law.
>>
>>52149001
go and whine about it on reddit, then

who the fuck cares a rich little white bitch couldn't handle real life. life must have been very comfy from his crystal tower
>>
>>52149262
hahaha, conspiracy theorists BTFO
don't you have some dank weed to be smoking OP?
>>
>>52149262
if the arrest record is all there is to it (and if it's accurate) (i'm not saying i have any reason to doubt any of this, i'm just saying this to hedge my claim), then this is perhaps the most extreme, absurd case of entitled developers in the bay area overreacting to the rest of the bay area's folks not bending over backwards to give them blowjobs.

i grew up in the bay area, left for a few years to do my undergrad, and came back to go to grad school, and the arrogance of tech workers, especially at small startups who objectively have relatively little to be confident about, has gotten stifling in the last few years. you get the sense that some of them think they're going to cure cancer, defeat ISIS, and end poverty with their app called "____ify" or some nonsense.

it wouldn't surprise me one bit of SFPD had at least 30 incidents a month consisting of the following tropes:
>tech worker
>drunk off his ass from clubbing with his other sperg friends
>being a nuisance
>minor punishment
>still butthurt about it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.