[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blunder of the year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Pixel-C-12.jpg (3 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
Pixel-C-12.jpg
3 MB, 5472x3648
Blunder of the year
>>
>>52148626
Blunder of the year
>>
>>52148626
>"Hey guys, can I be a Surface too?"
>>
>>52148639
to be honest this looks much more well built and compact than the surface

their only sin was no trackpad and running android and not chromeOS
>>
>>52148663
>remove any form of mouse input
>it's more compact guys lol xd
>looks more well built
It probably feels like a 100 dollar piece of Chinese shit.
>>
You fucking idiots have no idea. This is easily the best android tablet ever built. The build quality of this thing shits on the iPad and the surface.

Idiots that pretend any tablet is supposed to be some sort of productivity machine deserves what they get.

The only blunder here is buying into the retard tech media hard on for trying to make this thing into more than it actually is instead of judging it as simply a high end quality android tablet.
>>
>>52148743
I can almost smell that buyer's remorse.
>>
>>52148743
>high end
>quality
>android
cuckers
>>
>>52148743
I'd say that going against the surface was the thing that the iPad Pro attempted as well, and failed. To make a productivity device, you need the UI and software. Phone shit isn't going to cut it.
>>
>>52148743
This thing is worse than the samshit tablet that came out a year ago.
>>
File: trashman.jpg (106 KB, 680x431) Image search: [Google]
trashman.jpg
106 KB, 680x431
>>52148670
>it probably
>I have never owned let alone used a pixel c before
>>
>>52148833
I'll play with it when I see it at Best Buy. It's going to be shit, just saying.
>>
File: iwatch.jpg (25 KB, 347x379) Image search: [Google]
iwatch.jpg
25 KB, 347x379
blunder of the year
>>
>>52148929
>b-but it's gold!
>>
>>52148771

The thing that makes this tablet interesting is that it will be the reference device for what the android tablet experience will become. Secondly, stock Android and being a nexus device means this thing is going to get some fair development love. When someone puts a Linux distribution on this thing or even chromeos it'll be quite nice.

I'm under no illusions that a tablet can be utilized as a laptop replacement for a power user.

I would not recommend buying this thing for another 6 months unless you truly want a well built android tablet today and are comfortable with Android as it currently stands. The screen is excellent. The aspect ratio is great. It's incredibly fast and responsive. I can live without the keyboard but using it as a stand is fairly novel. It feels great in your hands and doesn't feel cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

Individuals that balk at android as a tablet os are idiots. It suits consuming content just as well as anything else.

Others that are OK with tablets in general yet still shit on this thing without even trying it themselves are doing themselves a disservice.
>>
>>52148980
>The screen is excellent
It's not OLED.
>>
>>52148980
It is but its meant to be a productivity device and you're right using the 140 keyboard as a stand is a novelty a very expensive one at that.

The fact that a lot of Android apps are not optimized well if at all and the fact that you have no multi-tasking capabilities is really what is hindering this 'productivity' device
>>
>>52149016

>productivity device

Says who? It's fine for light stuff like email and docs. Just like any other tablet be it iOS or Android. It's also fine for a thin SSH client. Beyond this it is as limited as any other tablet.

The surface pro is a sham. It is more laptop than tablet and the touch experience on that thing blows. It's only good for artists. This is my opinion after having a sp4 for a month before returning it.

>The fact that a lot of Android apps are not optimized well if at all and the fact that you have no multi-tasking capabilities is really what is hindering this 'productivity' device

This talking point is nonsense. I haven't had one issue with any apps I've used thus far. People picking and choosing specific apps here and there are being disingenuous. Instagram sucks on all tablets.
>>
>>52149137
>Productivity device
alright ill bite how is it not a productivity device. its being marketed and sent to reviewers to be used with the keyboard. its an oem product much like the surface keyboard that yes of course you can just by the tablet but why would you. Its designed almost as if they were supposed to be used in tandem. So why include a keyboard if not for productivity

and also at its price point of about $499 for consuming media you could get an android tablet for half of that and it would do everything the pixel c does with a better display
>>
>>52149244

A keyboard does not make something an instant productivity device. Plenty of previous tablets came with a keyboard and there were never any illusions of what they are. This is no different. The reviewers are very clearly at fault here IMHO.

Better display is arguable.
>>
File: 1448509578948.jpg (158 KB, 1000x615) Image search: [Google]
1448509578948.jpg
158 KB, 1000x615
>>52148639
>>"Hey guys, can I be a Surface too?"
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.