[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3DS ROM Encryption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 33.20120429210929700.1.large.png (701 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
33.20120429210929700.1.large.png
701 KB, 1200x1200
Hi /g/, has the encryption scheme for 3DS games been broken as of yet?

I know that there was a time when an exploit was found in a certain version of the firmware, which allowed for the ROMs to be dumped in an unencrypted format, but are there any other methods?

Is it possible to take an encrypted 3DS ROM, decrypt it/convert it to .cia without having a physical 3DS?
>>
Yes, you can bruteforce their keyscrambler yourself nowadays apparently. Some bloke gave out how to do it, so people have had it for a while.

Don't ask me how, though. I just use my system if I want to decrypt. It'll go public eventually, just wait a sec.
>>
>>52146912
If an exploit is out there, is there any particular reason that it's so hard to find decrypted ROMs out there in the wild?
>>
>>52146883
Yes, its not public yet, but the methods of how to solve the keyscrambler are.
And with that, you could decrypt 7x games partially, since you have keyX, and KeyY is in the rom, you can calculate normal key and decrypt.
>>
>>52147007
It shouldn't be, just ask someone with a hacked free dee ess to decrypt something for you.

Or buy one on a lower firmware, you could get a 2DS on 9.2 or lower for like $50 on ebay probably.
>>
>>52147007
decrypting roms in general has been a thing since forever since people just use the 3ds to do the work, but like >>52147113 said, its easier now. And no one releases decrypted roms because its easy enough to do and no one wants to waste time uploading 2GB+ worth of files.
>>
>>52147146
>its easier now

This. Nicely said.
>>
>>52147146
All the common decryption how-to's involve using an actual 3DS. It seems like there would be demand for already decrypted ROMs for people that don't have a 3DS, and would like to play the ROM on an emulator like citra.
>>
>>52147220
Well thats another thing. When the keyscrambler goes public, that shit will be implemented in citra most likely and then you'd be able to play encrypted roms. Knowing this scene, i'd say give it a few days.
>>
>>52146883
>Hi /g/, has the encryption scheme for 3DS games been broken as of yet?
yes
>I know that there was a time when an exploit was found in a certain version of the firmware, which allowed for the ROMs to be dumped in an unencrypted format, but are there any other methods?
yes, don't think so, but you can do it on all >9.2 fws
>Is it possible to take an encrypted 3DS ROM, decrypt it/convert it to .cia without having a physical 3DS?
yes, you have to generate the xorpads with a tool instead of with the rxtools launcher. look for it on gbatemp

come visit our general at /vg/hbg/!
>>
>>52147363
Is the xorpad specific to each individual copy of a game, or can you just download a pre-dumped xorpad for a title, then use that to decrypt a 3DS rom?
>>
>>52147630
it really should be, I've not tested my decrypted cias on another 3ds but it would make no sense a cia wouldn't install everywhere
so yes if you need one go ask 3dsiso or give /hbg/ the reason why you want it

citra is still in early early beta though
>>
>>52147630
Just look for xorpads, they're the same for every game, unless it's a newer version or something (You'll certainly have issues involving that with Smash).
>>
Keyscrambler constant can be found (pretty simple, and the method was given away). You still won't have the keys necessary though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.