[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So that the Debian guy is dead, are you going to keep using Debian/Ubuntu/Mint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 553.jpg (93 KB, 600x920) Image search: [Google]
553.jpg
93 KB, 600x920
So that the Debian guy is dead, are you going to keep using Debian/Ubuntu/Mint or give some other distribution a try?
>>
>>52146194
Personally I'm switching to Slackware from Debian. This guy's suicide has NSA written all over it.
>>
>>52146194
Honestly thinking of switching to gentoo
>>
>>52146194
Time to move to the BSDs desu
>>
>>52146321
From what I can gather on /. & Reddit, it's possible he might have had a mental disorder he kept private and something happened between him & police that day. His twitter posts show an abrupt change in tone and language use. http://pastebin.com/yk8bgru5

Oddly enough, I'm apt-get upgrade'ing my Deb server now.
>>
is he really kill
>>
>>52146392
>Oddly enough, I'm apt-get upgrade'ing my Deb server now.
to Debian unstable maybe?
>>
So his account wasn't cracked by skiddies?
>>
>runnerkristy67
What did he meant with this?
>>
>>52147006
underrated post
>>
Can you guys please take these threads to /x/ and /pol/ already
>>
As a winbabby, how painful is switching to Slackware going to be?
>>
Is there evidence of Debian being hacked by the NSA, outside of a wordpress blog?

https://igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/julian-assange-debian-is-owned-by-the-nsa/
>>
>>52146342
This.
>>
>>52148120
>stop talking about technology on the technology board
>>
>>52148687
Well, there was [1], which _might_ be a sort of NSA backdoor/purposeful weakening of cryptography (specifically, Debian's distribution of OpenSSL). I'm not aware of anything else that might qualify as NSA hacking the Debian project.

[1]: https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/05/random_number_b.html
>>
>>52146194
AFAIK he has jack shit to do with Debian anymore and I really don't give a shit about politics or other drama in software.

>>52146321
>This guy's suicide has NSA written all over it.
I don't get this, why? Because he created a popular distro twenty years ago that likely even the NSA uses on their own hardware? Murdock is hardly a figure I would choose to "assassinate" in this way, especially considering there's figures like Stallman which would be a way more influential and believable target for this kind of incident.
>>
Guys, if debian does indeed have an NSA backdoor, will distros based off debian like ubuntu/mint/trisquel be have a backdoor?
>>
>>52148127
depends on you're use case famalam
>>
>>52148832
>especially considering there's figures like Stallman which would be a way more influential and believable target for this kind of incident.
>implying he's not next after Archfags and other non-Ubuntu fags are kill.
>implying they're not slowly sobering us up to the realization that they are in total control, because if they go to fast, they know the response will be too swift for them to handle.

THE TIME TO ACT IS _NOW!_
>>
>>52148853
General home desktop OS, no servers
>>
Gonna remove linux
>>
>This guy's suicide has NSA written all over it.
you spelt CIA / MK ULTRA wrong.

captcha: fucking whole pictures again.
>>
>>52148870
lots of different variations within that, but if you aren't really big into using established software like MSO/PS and the like or video games you might have an alright time
>>
>>52148934
Okay, thanks family
>>
>>52148876
>you spelt CIA / MK ULTRA wrong.
The CIA don't have shit on the NSA... Do they?
>>
>>52148841
Probably but is not confirmed yet
>>
>>52148841
>ubuntu/mint
literally already confirmed you dumb nigger.

>Trisquel
possibly, but Stallman endorses it as a newfag friendly OS, last time I checked.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.