[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been using FireFox for years and years and years, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: nf.gif (367 B, 16x11) Image search: [Google]
nf.gif
367 B, 16x11
I've been using FireFox for years and years and years, but I'm drawing the line now. It's gotten too shitty and too poorly run for my taste. What browser other than FireFox or Chrome would /g/ reccomend that:

-has excellent add-on support
-doesn't look like shit
-respects my privacy somewhat (doesn't have to be IceCat/Stallman tier, but Chrome is over the line for this reason)

I'm currently trying SeaMonkey right now and while it runs decently and has good add-on support, the interface looks like garbage.

What would /g/ reccomend? Derivatives/flavors of Firefox are welcome as well.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (409 KB, 2640x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
409 KB, 2640x1080
Firefox is still good if you disable the bullshit.

Just get classic theme restorer and do some magic here and there in about:config
>>
just use an older version of firefox or addons that circumvent the changes they're making. I recommend waterfox
>>
seamonkey is an AIO with admittedly old GUI from the original Mozilla most shills here never used

a logical alternative is Pale Moon
>>
Pale Meme. It'll work with most Firefox extensions, it's open source, and isn't as intensive as Firefox, at least for me.
>>
cyberfox
>>
>>52145679
Replace ABP and Disconnect with uBlock Origin anon.

Also replace NoScript with either uBlock Origin's Dynamic Filtering or uMatrix.
>>
>>52145647
download source
remove the features you don't like
everytime they make a release fix your own custom AnonFox by addings only the code that deals with security and bugs
that's what i'm doing anyway .
>>
>>52145718
> pale mene works with most extensions
If by most you mean none then yes it does.
>>
>>52145647
Firefox literally shows you ads INSIDE your BROwSER. I stopped using it once I realized that.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 640x1094) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 640x1094
>>52147183
>pale meme doesn't work with extensions

Uwot
>>
>>52147520
> https everywhere
> a bunch of others that I can't remember because I don't want to take the time to compile and reinstall it again just to list them off
>>
pcxFirefox?
>>
Qupzilla
>>
>>52147674
>they forked https everywhere
uwotm8
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.