[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone been able to turn the Steam Link into a low power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: Capture.png (86 KB, 296x319) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
86 KB, 296x319
Has anyone been able to turn the Steam Link into a low power HTPC yet? Just curious.
>>
>>52142815
The real question is if anyone actually bought this thing.
>>
>>52142815
Yeah dude. Just run it in big picture mode, go to the top right, select power icon, minimize bg picture. Boom, htpc
>>
>>52142815
Why not just but a pi2? cheaper, better support, customisable, no hackng firmware required.

Or just wait for skylake computer stick like everyone else
>>
I have.

It's pretty shit streaming capability desu.

Also not my cup of tea for games.
>>
I use moonlight on tablet/phone.
Why would anyone even want to game on a tv? If you want comfiness, mount your monitor to the wall to be able to rotate it when sitting on the couch that's against the wall adjacent to the one your desk is against. If you really want to use a tv, get as much long ass hdmi cables and hdmi repeaters as you need, to be able to run a cable all the way from your pc to your tv. This will perform better, be easier to set up, might be cheaper and you'll need one less device to worry about.
>>
>buying this shit
>>
File: S95_Telos-1.jpg (177 KB, 783x1601) Image search: [Google]
S95_Telos-1.jpg
177 KB, 783x1601
>>52142815
Eh, why bother? Tons of cheap & good HTPC out there.
>>
>>
File: wut.png (219 KB, 330x326) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
219 KB, 330x326
>>52145759
>SATA port on the outside
>>
File: 2000px-Foxconn_logo.svg.png (25 KB, 2000x288) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Foxconn_logo.svg.png
25 KB, 2000x288
>>52145664
>supporting slavery
>>
File: Rk3368_SoM_Landingship.jpg (102 KB, 648x560) Image search: [Google]
Rk3368_SoM_Landingship.jpg
102 KB, 648x560
>>52145818
They obviously didn't care much for eSATA. Not like many do, though...
>>
>>52142815
Yes, it's actually pretty promising. I added Kodi as a non-steam game to it and use kodi for streaming addons and also plexBMC. The upside of this is how easy it is to run games off the same device and channel using the steam controller.

Certainly not low-power though. It's hooked to my desktop PC
>>
>>52143207
The steam link runs on ARM, you might as well compile an arm version of steamos and run it off of that
>>
>>52145759
But can it run my 1080p 10 bit Polynesian frame drawings?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.