[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PHP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot (4).png (40 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (4).png
40 KB, 1366x768
I have knowledge of HTML/CSS. Now I'm starting PHP. Any advice before I start diving into this?
>>
>>52141338
Yeah, drop that shit, learn C and never look back
>>
>>52141338
Drop that dog shit and learn asp.net.
>>
>>52141338
Drop that shit and learn TI BASIC.
>>
>>52141338
learn assembly
>>
>>52142967
fuck you faggot
>>
>>52141338
Drop that shit and learn rails
>>
Learn Java ;]
>>
>>52141338
I hope you already know some real languages because php as a first language is JUSTing yourself in the future
>>
>>52142976
>not knowing how a computer works
>>
PHP is awful. Learn JavaScript first before you start monkeying with server side stuff. You can do a surprising amount of stuff these days with totally static content.
>>
>>52143057
>memescript
>>
>>52141338
Learn C++. If you want to go into web development learn Javascript.
>>
>>52141338
It's already wrong.
Needs a space.
>>
>>52141338
Install IDE
>>
>>52141338
Good choice anon, don't listen to the other guys, PHP is the most popular back end language.
Please learn to code proper classes, build your architecture without resolving to singletons, thank you.
>>
Alongside PHP you should learn a programming language that uses strict typing like Java or C++.
>>
>>52144527
>Good choice
its slow prior 7, its shit, and its bad
oh yeah its shit
he should learn c++, php is scripting for kiddies
>>
>>52144593
>script kiddies
do you realize a lot of banking software and distributed systems are based on php? it's not a precompiled desktop language, that's for sure, but it's a great tool for back-end computing
>>
>>52141338
Don't
>>
>>52141338
Should learn JavaScript to manipulate css and html before PHP.. and PHP is great don't listen to these faggots... the new version is very fast too
>>
>>52144626
I am web dev acctualy, trust me i realize how much shit is based on this shit language, money is good though, but php aint programming its just shit thing u write that always has bugs, cuz you cant even handle all the bug cases
>>
File: XxdzTGt.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
XxdzTGt.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>52144670
>web dev
>programming
>>
>>52144629
>>52141338
Don't.
>>
>>52144670
>i am web dev
>not knowing proper testing methods
>>
>>52144740
>testing methods
how does one use those testing methods u speak of on 2 million lines of code website?
>>
>>52144802
>implying the 2 million lines of code is in a single file written in procedural way
with proper code design you can easily make your code be testable... but obviously, you are too stupid for that. get the fuck out, my meme friend
>>
>>52144857
>proper code
web dev and proper code do not go along, especially when you are not working on projects from zero, and no its not all in one file, its in 28k files, I would like to see you navigate trough such project, before you post your next comment, think about how incompetent you are to talk about programming and bug testing
>>
>>52144906
stop bullshitting, mate
>>
>>52141338
>Search for good programming practices.
>Use good programming practices.
>Be consistent in how you write.
>Never cut & paste anything you don't understand.
>If you made something work and you don't know how, rewrite it again in a different way. Do this until you do understand how it works.
>Javascript is a fact of life for web dev. Hate it if you must, but learn a little of it too.

PHP is arguably a horrible language, but it's popular and that makes it marketable. If you haven't already, download a single file copy of the PHP documentation (It's like a 10 meg HTML file) and keep it handy at all times.
>>
>>52144670
obviously you know nothing
>>
>>52144080
It actually doesn't. That's just PHP being PHP.
>>
>>52144662
No, you shouldn't. Not everyone has JavaScript enabled.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.