[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I just recently purchased a nvidia gta 970 gor my computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1230151338~2.jpg (1 MB, 2988x2388) Image search: [Google]
1230151338~2.jpg
1 MB, 2988x2388
So, I just recently purchased a nvidia gta 970 gor my computer and I'm installing it now. But it require two dvi slots in the back of my computer and I can only get the one off. The other seems welded on with a screwdriver embossed on the metal. Any ideas to open it?

Pic related, its the slots
>>
>>52141128
try using a hammer. you have a shit case. if it gets fucked then nothing of value was lost
>>
punch it out then bend it back and forth to break welds

or just put a screw driver in the slot and bend it
>>
use a screwdriver to pry it off

just get it deep in the seams and pry
>>
>>52141156
This is true. Im going to choose a slightly less violent option and pry it off
>>
I don't think it's welded.
Just force that shit open.

the only thing you should be scared of is accidentally hitting something like your motherboard or hard drives.
>>
>>52141128
put flathead screwdriver in hole
pry pci cover off
>>
>>52141128
>But it require two dvi slots in the back of my computer
Underage b&
>>
File: 1230151350~2.jpg (2 MB, 2988x3524) Image search: [Google]
1230151350~2.jpg
2 MB, 2988x3524
Success!
Thanks for the advice bros

Also, old GPU vs GTX 970 for your viewing pleasure.

> inb4 your computer is shit
Thanks, it was a gift.
>>
Just push it with your thumb.
>>
>>52141233
This. There is literally a screwdriver icon on the plate. You are meant to do it this way.
>>
>>52141266
glad it worked but you're now you're just asking for the 3.5gb meme
>>
Just know that these things on the back is meant to be removed when necessary. Remove them however pleases you and doesn't bend your case.
>>
>>52141266
Just hope your psu can handle the upgrade
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.