[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF R7C6peQhY is this bai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFR7C6peQhY
is this bait
is this guy retarded
>>
>>52138323
Ok, he might be retarded but this kind of things are important for non tech people.
>>
>>52138479
>click on something and get an error
why would you ever continue to click on it?
>>
>click 'format' on system drive
>windows crashes
>>
>>52138323
He is.

Btw., doesn't the fullscreen message annoy you? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/disable-html5-fullscreen-alert/
>>
>>52138323
i thought i was wasting my time watching a guy showing a bug

it is not even a bug
>>
>>52138323
>ohboontoh
>mahtay
fugg :D
>>
>>52138898
Nice advertisement, Rajesh.
>>
>>52138558
I might be retarded, who knows?
>>
>>52139458
thank you dear frrrriend
>>
Really tho you could just ssh in and kill cinnamon/mate.

He also didn't try ctrl+alt+#
>>
wow linux is shit
>>
>>52138323

>it keeps happening
>I don't know why it displays error message windows in the task bar

To be fair the file explorer should not pop-up more than one error message window for the same error, but even still . . . there is some lack of intelligence in this video.
>>
>>52139734
how is this lack of intelligence?

he figured out a bug in linux which isn't hard to do but still if more people that developed for linux had his kind of inquisitive nature maybe it wouldn't be so shit.
>>
>>52139884
Did he file a bug report?
>>
>>52139884
This.

The response to someone finding a bug shouldn't be "Well just don't run into the bug then"
>>
>>52139974
>>52139967
>>52139884
>>52139734

please be bait holy shit

this isn't a bug, this is a retard repeatedly running into a brick wall
>>
>>52140077
It is a "UX" bug imo

but holy shit those youtube comments.
>>
>>52140132
>reading YouTube comments
>>
>>52140077
>this isn't a bug
>can spawn enough error messages to kill the system

then what the fuck is a bug then?
>>
this is why I laugh when freetards recommend linux for technically incompetent people
>>
File: santa.png (340 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
santa.png
340 KB, 640x360
>>52138323
I don't get what point this fucker is trying to make. He found a bug but instead of filing a bug report like any normal person he decides to make a video acting like a retard deliberately using it to crash the system to prove what? That linux sucks because of a bug he found a bug in linux mint?
>>
>>52139433

>it pops up these urr messages
>urr
>>
>>52139734
Why shouldn't it pop up the same error message? If the user tries to do something, there should always be a response from the OS, even if they've already tried it. There has to be an indication of what happened after the user tried to mount something.

Your suggestion would require the DE to check each new window's contents against every other open window, which would slow down the computer a lot faster than repeatedly opening the same window over the course of 10 minutes like this idiot is doing.

A proper solution would be to require the user to act on error messages before returning to the window that created it (as I believe GNOME does).
>>
>>52138898
I really need this on chrome too
>>
>>52140226
Give a retard a Chrome or Firefox icon on the desktop and they'll be able to use the computer just fine

It's the 'power users' who've gotten used to the Windows ways of doing slightly more complex tasks that have problems adjusting, no one else gives a fuck what's powering their programs underneath it all
>>
>open a program so many times that it fills the whole memory and swap
>System becomes slow
>call it a bug
>>
>>52140077
It actually is a bug specific to Mint, the dev's added it to the list of known issues.

The stupidity comes from him completely overreacting, saying it's system-breaking and that linux is shit because of some distro specific modification (not even an issue with Cinnamon/Mate etc)
>>
>>52141189
I think this solution would annoy the heck out of me, any popup that forces interaction is simply annoying. It seems like we are decreasing our productivity to cater to newbies.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.