[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android network spy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: fc1l6q.jpg (91 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
fc1l6q.jpg
91 KB, 640x640
Hey /g/, I need to know if there is an app out there for android that can monitor the network activity of the phone?
My car insurance company is putting out an app that makes you save money by spying on how you drive.
Since I drive like an asshole I will never get rebates but I was thinking that if I edited the host file and captured what is sent to their server and edit the shit they send out, then send it out, I could make my way into a rebate. All I need to at least try it out is to watch what is being sent. Any idea? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>52137195
This is a full on project, dude.
This type of manipulation is university research group tier, or autistic hobbyist tier.
>>
>>52137223
I'm of the later kind
>>
>>52137195
Who is this steroids demon?
>>
>>52137195
OP here well I figured it out...

For Android phones, any network: Root your phone, then install tcpdump on it. This app is a tcpdump wrapper that will install tcpdump and enable you to start captures using a GUI. Tip: You will need to make sure you supply the right interface name for the capture and this varies from one device to another, eg -i eth0 or -i tiwlan0 - or use -i any to log all interfaces

The app is:
Traffic sniffer, works on 3G and WiFi (works on FroYo tethered mode too).
To open dump use WireShark or similar software, for preview dump on phone use Shark Reader.
Based on tcpdump.
http://www.appbrain.com/app/shark-for-root/lv.n3o.shark
>>
>Get into an accident
>Insurance void when your dummy data doesn't match your location/what happened
>>
>>52137195
silicone tits/10
>>
>>52137731
>implying I want to change location
I just want to change acceleration and speed you retard
>>
>>52138070
Then how are you going to mask that you moved 80 miles in an hour at 30 miles an hour?
>>
>>52137587
you could also just proxy your phone through a computer and use wireshark on that to inspect the traffic
>>
>>52138113
I don't need to. I don't need to turn the app all the time and broadcast the data. I can just record the data, modify it to suit my needs and send it later.
>>
>>52138130
Yes this is the idea. Observe what is the end point, reroute to computer to analyze the data.
>>
>>52137195
lol what

>I dont have a cell phone, sorry insurance company

Wow that was hard
>>
>>52139526
wew lad, you are pretty stupid..
it's to get REBATES you dumbass.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.