[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you convert to Intel-ianity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hello brother.jpg (87 KB, 789x520) Image search: [Google]
hello brother.jpg
87 KB, 789x520
I was an AMD heathen for 12 years, then I saw the light.
>>
>>52136018
never used AMD. i had some shitty old intel PCs i got for free from my father.
about 10 years ago, i built my first real PC. i was thinking about going AMD with an athlon 64, but i ended up buying a pentium 4 3.4ghz instead. i kinda regret it, AMD was better back then.
>>
File: 1450539556065.jpg (439 KB, 864x882) Image search: [Google]
1450539556065.jpg
439 KB, 864x882
>>52136018
I was a AMDologist but I saw the light myself and now I am with the lord in the sky.......lake.
>>
I am thinking about goin to Intel but keep seeing Intel represented by queers on /g/ and think fuck NO!. AMD is all me.
>>
I just whatever's better.
Unfortunately for AMD, no-one used AMD chips when their processors were better, thanks to intel bribing OEMs.
AMD really shouldn't have accepted the settlement.
>>
>>52136162

>i kinda regret it, AMD was better back then.

thats not true. they were as fast as P4's but had the same problems they have today, i.e. high power consumption and heat production

AMD was always shit.
>>
Never used AMD. I'll stop buying Intel for good once Zen comes out.
>>
My first pc build used a FX8320. High power consumption, terrible heat and low performance per core made me switch to an i5 4590. It's so much better in every way.

AMD makes decent GPUs but their processors are gutter trash.
>>
>>52136313
This isn't even true. It was the P4s that had high power consumption and heat production.
The athlon 64s were the cool and quick ones.

do you even netburst?
>>
>>52136549
oy vey
>>
oh look this again
>>
>>52136018
I was an Intel guy, then I became poor.
>>
I have a cheap AMD in my machine.
It works
>>
>>52136438
Too bad Keller left AMD.
>>
AMD is fucking garbage. Everything they make is absolutely, objectively crappy as shit and only a fat neckbeard would buy this shit-tier crappy shit because he's afraid of running out of autismbux (because God forbid he spend less money on Taco Bell and Mountain Dew.) I tried building an AMD gaming rig once and it was the worst experience of my life. First off, that CPU clip is fucking impossible to use. It looks just like an old Pentium CPU clip, but it's autistically retarded and I couldn't deal with it. And the graphics card was so fucking huge, I had to cut a hole all the way around my case to fit it in. Fucking AMD.

But wait, that's not even the best part! When I tried to start up my shitty autismbox (which I sold to the Association of Retarded Citizens BTW) the absolutely massive power draw dimmed every light in my house and throughout the entire neighborhood like I was firing up fucking ENIAC in the 1920s or some bullshit. I had plenty of time to worry about my power bill too, because this shitty thing couldn't figure out which of its 32 CPU cores to use and it took half a day to boot. As soon as I tried to play a game (fucking Starcraft from 1998), it lagged so hard it went backwards. I thought I should try downloading a driver, but there aren't any. There are no fucking drivers. What the shit, AMD? No wonder Apple doesn't use your shit. It wasn't long after that that I realized this thing was putting out more heat than a goddamn jet engine and it burned my house down.

Two weeks later, when I sold that piece of shit, I built an Intel/Nvidia rig! Holy shit, it's like jacking into the Matrix! I built it 5 years ago and it still runs every game in 4K at 240 FPS while using no power and it actually cools my house during the summer. What a beautiful machine, I seriously hope none of you are poor and stupid enough to buy AMD.
>>
>>52136788
Oh god i had almost forgotten about this one.
Top kek.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.