[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WI-FI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: Front Cover.jpg (2 MB, 3686x3686) Image search: [Google]
Front Cover.jpg
2 MB, 3686x3686
What's your Wi-Fi password?

Mine's a preset jumble of letters and numbers. When I told sibling I'm switching the password to something simpler she warned me it would be unsafe and to not do it.
I think its fine. What's your pw like?
>>
BangedUrMumFaggot123
>>
CorrectBatteryHorseDick.23
>>
Installgentoo
>>
GargantuanCumLoads93
>>
Some random shit generated by my router, around 20 characters+numbers. I don't need to bother because there are only like 4-5 neighbors living close enough to get a signal and they all got their own wifi. Out of curiosity, I blanked it for 2 months and during the whole time nobody logged in.
>>
>>52134453
The thing is sometimes mean I've got friends over around those and they want to use Wi-Fi password of the long jumble I figured changing into something it's easy to like remember and just tell them you know like a word would be preferable...
>>
>>52134333
Kill.yourself.ra8.now
>>
>>52134333
> not mac filtering.
>>
>>52121878
I just use my cell number. Makes it easier for friends.

It's public info yeah, but I doubt some wardriving fags are gonna know it or bother taking the time to hack the Gibson through 4G and retrieve it from Google.
>>
>>52134510
Ah fuck, sorry bout the archive link. Forgot that Clover likes to not empty the post field when changing threads.
>>
>>52134333
My wi-fi is open. However guest users are placed in a separate VLAN where if they try to connect to a webpage it takes them to meatspin.
>>
>>52134333
fishingpole11 (in my language)

WPA2 is secure enough to crack, and I occasionally monitor my router to see what clients are connected.

No trouble so far.

If I had no friends I'd probably do MAC filtering.
>>
>>52134476
AHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA you think mac filtering does anything.
>>
>>52134564
AHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA you think you cant detect spoofed mac addresses.
>>
5GB2ypr5m
>>
>>52134671
You can't.

Collect list of mac addresses.
Spoof mac that is not currently in use.
As far as your network is concerned the client is a match.

Do you even know how a mac layer bridge works?
>>
>>52134729
Do you even realize that there is such a thing called user profiling. Whenever you start sending out probe requests your also sending out information about your operating system.

I suggest you do some research before you start chatting shit.
>>
>>52134760

ahahaha holy shit. You can monitor wi-fi invisibly. Do you even understand how a radio works?
Holy shit this generation that grew up with tech is literally retarded.

You can sniff wireless traffic all day without sending any outgoing traffic.
>>
カガクなやつら20000000000002
>>
Wpa2 enterprise over my radius server
>>
550a-htrs-56yp

Windows 7 automatically generated this pass when I was setting up my router. Been using it for 5 years.
>>
>>
fourwordsalluppercase
>>
>>52134778
Now your changing the direction of the argument from a wireless AP using MAC filtering to monitoring traffic. If you try and spoof a MAC and connect to an AP that is using user profiling the chance is the AP will block the device with the spoofed address. You would have to craft a packet with all the information sent by another user on the network. This of course is still a pain in the arse as you will have to wait for that user to then disconnect before you can start using the network with their information.

You clearly know fuck all about 802.11 security and how to mitigate the most basic of attacks.
>>
File: S49sNPc.gif (418 KB, 329x480) Image search: [Google]
S49sNPc.gif
418 KB, 329x480
>>52134333
ZWPZA70CA8V2
meh
>>
>>52134778
More shit talking, I'm learning.
>>
The VIN number of my car.
>>
>>52134468
Make a QR code that shows the WiFi password when scanned and hang it on the fridge or something.
>>
Last name + house number + initial of street name

So if my name was, let's say Kyle Goldberg, and my house number was 911 and I lived in Shekelstreet, my password would be Goldberg911S.
>>
>>52135200
Are you saying 911 wasn't bush?
>>
>>52134873
well the last piece of advice I can give you, don't post your passwords to people asking for your passwords.
They get added to dictionaries which makes your password insecure against attacks.

wpa is secure, even with all the sniffing in the world to crack it you need to brute force the password. it's not easy to brute force a strong password, unless some retard posts it on the internet.

Don't let heathens on your wifi. They steal your bandwidth, snoop on your traffic, and do illegal things like torrenting, buying drugs, or downloading illegal shit like CP.

TL;DR
Don't post your passwords, retards.
>>
>>52135218
I'm just saying that Bush is a closet Jew, so is Trump, he probably wants to get rid of Mehicans and Neggurs to make place for a small gift of a billion dollars by his close friend Michael Dinkenburg.
>>
password
>>
Sometimes these WiFi passwords are deterministically generated with stuff attackers can get (like MAC addresses) so changing it might be good.
>>
>>52134333
I using openRADIUS on my RPi at home. Everyone in my family got an account for logon.
I can see which family member logon to which time and with which end divice. And EAP is a better sec than PSK, handshake, better and more configuration etc
>>
>>52134333
szőrösaseggem22
>>
',:^)
>>
glasshouseeffects
>>
and block every mac addess except my shit
>>
Simple all lowercase password using words that are not dictionary. I'm sure a determined attacker could get in my network but I don't live in a densely populated area and a lot of my neighbors are running either WEP or WPA-PSK instead of WPA2-PSK so I'm sure i'm not the softest target. Besides, anything more complex will confuse my parents.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.