[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I'm looking into getting ubuntu but I have a question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: uboontu.png (2 KB, 177x70) Image search: [Google]
uboontu.png
2 KB, 177x70
Hey /g/, I'm looking into getting ubuntu but I have a question.

Should I get the Linux version of ubuntu or the windows version? I do like to play some games on steam, but I mainly just watch Youtube, check email. banking etc.

Anyone got any suggestions?
>>
>>52132835
>windows version of Ubuntu

Are you high?
>>
>>52132855
No dude I'm just so confused as of to which one is better.

My friend like the linux version, but I've heard the windows version is better for games
>>
>>52132835

Here's a suggestion you would really like. First you go to goog.com and search for methods of ending yourself. The more painful the better.
>>
>>52132882
There is no Windows version of Ubuntu. What are you talking about?

Ubuntu's a GNU/Linux distribution.
>>
>>52132911
So you're saying the windows version isn't made anymore?
>>
>>52132923
There never was a version of Ubuntu built on the Windows kernel. You might be thinking of WUBI, which is a way of installing Ubuntu from within Windows.

You will *not* be able to play Windows games,etc natively in Ubuntu. When you boot it up, you're running Linux.
>>
>>52132939
So can I run Ubuntu, Linux, and Windows at the same time or am I missing something?

I thought that there were two basic types of computer, a windows and a mac. Windows has stuff like windows 10, 7 etc. and Mas has OSX. I thought Ubuntu was a type of windows that can run Linux underneath it...

But thanks for helping me out!
>>
>>52132939
This guy is fucking with you OP and is probably some kind of freetard aswell.
The windows version of ubuntu is more than adequate for anyone's daily needs with the advantage of being able to support all your games and drivers. The Linux version is a hassle to set up and maintain, while having limited software availability.
>>
>>52132835
I really hope this is bait
>>
>>52132998
Oh. okay then. Well do I have to put the windows version on a flash drive and install it or can I just download it?
>>
>>52132983
There's a whole bunch of different kinds of computers. The most popular consumer ones are x86 and ARM.

Most desktop computers are x86 systems. These can run a number of different operating systems. The most popular ones are Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

Most phones are ARM-based machines. These can run different operating systems, too.
>>
>>52133048
But my phone runs Android, What is that? Another type of windows or mac?
>>
>>52133067
Neither not every operating system is Windows or osx
>>
>>52133080
Then what else can it be?
>>
>>52133089
Android is a separate os from Windows or OSX
>>
>>52133067
Android is based on Linux, same as Ubuntu.
They're a bit different, but run the same kernel.
>>
>>52133099
ohhhhkay. Well anyways, does that mean I should stick with the windows or linux version of Ubuntu?
>>
>>52133120
There is no Windows version of ubuntu, ubuntu is only a version of linux
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.