[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WINDOWS 10 MOBILE BTFO!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Windows Phone 950 XL.jpg (116 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Windows Phone 950 XL.jpg
116 KB, 800x450
JESUS. Is there any hope for Windows 10 Mobile? Will Windows 10 Mobile die? There seems to be no hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMNgfEVk8oo
>>
Yes Windows Phone is shit, not exactly news. Least customer satisfaction by a significant margin.
>>
>>52130135
you think this shit is going to recripple itself and officially die?
>>
Why has Microsoft had such consistent issues with bugs and crashing over almost their entire history?

The whole claim that MS shit is prone to weird bugs, crashing and rot has been made consistently since at least the Windows 98 days and now they still can't get that shit handled on Windows phone 10? really? Is it just some old code they insist on still using in all their new products because they don't want to reinvent the wheel?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2061x1449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2061x1449
>>
>>52130045
N O A P P S

O

A

P

P

S
>>
>>52130238
Nice shoop, loser!
>>
Maybe if Microsoft didn't reboot their phone OS development every two years they'd actually get some momentum and we'd have a viable third competitor in the phone market
>>
Why doesn't Microsoft fix their mobile os?

Why do they think excessive telemetry is acceptable and people won't be encouraged to switch from with it?

Why do they still have two settings menus?

WHY WHY WHY?
>>
>>52130319
Look it up faggot. I took the image straight from news sources.

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/microsoft-continuum/
>>
I don't like Android, I just want one unified experience.

iOS or WP? Getting something new tomorrow.
>>
>>52130238
probably just the live tile not updating properly. i would imagine it prioritizes the screen projected to since ms can't into multitasking.
>>
>>52130587
Blackberry.
>>
>>52130752
not an option
>>
I got a 950 recently, an iPad mini, a Nexus tablet, and everyone I fucking know has an iPhone. I feel like I'm about as close to not biased you can get. Windows 10 Mobile is not any shittier than any other operating system. It doesn't have as many applications. That's all that's wrong with it.

There's a HUGE journalism circlejerk over shitting all over these windows 10 mobile phones for some reason. I think it's just because most journalists are butthurt apple fanboys that are mad they can't write 10/10 iPad Pro reviews because the Surface Pro exists. The rest are just NEET android lovers that pretend Google doesn't give a fuck about anyone more than Microsoft does.

The reality is everything is about the same. If you want apps go for the one that has apps, but it's really fucking retarded for everyone to be pretending there's any other differences
>>
>>52132577
>the only thing wrong with it is this one huge flaw

lmao ok then rajeet
>>
>>52132588

it's not a "one major flaw" - literally the only application it doesn't have that I could give half a shit about is Snapchat. Oh that's right I have an iPad mini so who gives a shit

My point is people get all fucking high and mighty about WHY CANT MICROSOFT MAKE A GOOD OS WAAAAHHHH when in reality the thing is fine, no one wants to develop for it. people can whine all they want but Microsoft cant force developers to develop for its 3% OS
>>
>>52130045
BOTNET
>>
>>52130045
>installing 8.1 apps that have not been updated by the developer

Well no shit is jackass.
>>
>>52130238
>>52130431
Joe literally said that that one demo was simulated during the keynote, and they had a proper demo later in the day.

Even then it doesn't fucking matter now that the phone is out and Continuum is like the only fucking feature that even works
>>
Too bad they dun goofed. Would have loved to see the WP market share increase with W10.
>>
>>52130238
yeah, tiles only update once every minute. your point?
>>
>>52130587
WP for price quality ratio and better hardware, ios for apps and showing your money.
>>
Windows 10 mobile is the new Firefox OS
>>
>>52132606
>when in reality the thing is fine
Watch OP's video
>>
File: 1417135839329.gif (1 MB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
1417135839329.gif
1 MB, 450x337
>>52130045
>Another bug pops up
>Shows the same 2 bugs over and over again
>>
>>52132577
this desu senpai
>>
File: Ubuntu_Converged_Devices.png (1 MB, 1417x880) Image search: [Google]
Ubuntu_Converged_Devices.png
1 MB, 1417x880
Your know what you have to do OP:

https://store.bq.com/en/ubuntu-edition-e5/
>>
File: f30.jpg (7 KB, 261x166) Image search: [Google]
f30.jpg
7 KB, 261x166
>>52135592
>>
>>52135592
I like how Microsoft lifted desktop mode from Ubuntu Phone and they fucked it up by requiring an extra dock accessory.
>>
>>52135592
Vaporware
>>
>>52136784
Continuum works with miracast?
>>
>>52136843
You're right, reviews I read were too busy shilling the dock and they didn't mention miracast alternative
>>
REMOVE POO IN LOO
>>
>>52130237
Their business model is basically "This is the OS that is supported by everyone". They can't not have code from 1983 for driving obscure hardware in their OS.

Does anyone know if MS has forked Windows for current systems and left older packages for legacy applications? That seems like it would fix most issues, but I'm not a software artist or whatever.
>>
>>52132577
I'm very cynical about humans in general and I think Windows 10 Mobile will fail because of this:

When people think of "computers", they think of Windows 95 and software glitches. The popular culture surrounding smartphones and tablets paints these devices as happy little machines full of easy fun.

Tech literate people know that they're still computers, but in a smaller and sexier form factor. The moment they hear that Windows is on their happy little phone or tablet, they imagine it as a beige failure-prone Windows 95 box. An immediate turn-off.

So basically MS fucked themselves over by not just throwing some sort of UNIX into their products from the very beginning to eliminate most problems, and now ironically, their successful strategy of catering to retards has come back to slap their sack.

Usability, stability, and fun have nothing to do with it.
>>
Buggy phone AND expensive?
Might as well either jump ship and either enjoy touchjizz on the flagship phones or just give up your freedom and use an iShit.
[Yes there are android phones not made by Samshit but none have seem to outperform their most expensive phones]
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.