[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RASPBERRY PI BTFO https://youtu.be/eMslj0aj9LU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
RASPBERRY PI BTFO

https://youtu.be/eMslj0aj9LU
>>
You do understand that some microcomputers like the Raspberry PI aren't 100% optimized to run this kind of stuff?

Unbenowst to you, there are people out there that time on actual Raspberry Pi projects, not just setting it up with a shitty Android OS to play gaymes and view the dank memes on the net.
>>
File: plus2_shuoming_en.png (969 KB, 1000x1550) Image search: [Google]
plus2_shuoming_en.png
969 KB, 1000x1550
>>52130997
Orange pi pc costs less than half as much as the raspberry pi 2 and outperforms it.

Or you can pay the same price as the pi 2 and the the orange pi plus 2.
>>
>>52129162
>that text size

Are you using an iPhone 4 or something?
>>
>>52131687
>implying any iphone has that horizontal resolution
>>
>>52131294

Show me where you can buy a 2GB model for less than a Pi2, because my searches showed up nothing
>>
Hi, Tiago.
>>
Since Rasp Pi has proprietary hardware components (botnet) what single board computer should I get for playing video (@1080p) through HDMI?
>>
>>52131294
What are you going to do on it, that would require 2GB of ram?
>>
>>52129162
Why the fuck would you ever run android if you have the option of running anything else?
>>
>>52131886
Because games and apps. Most of us use apps on mobile platforms more often than we do computers gramps.
>>
>>52132146
> games and apps
I remember when development boards were used to do exciting projects on.
>>
>>52131824
Why wouldn't you want 2gb ram?
When it's shared with the gpu, 1gb just isn't enough.

Orange pi plus 2 actually looks great for the price, only issue is the cpu. Would have preferred the mt6752.
>>
>>52132146
Android has shit games (worse than linux, which is impressive) and really shit apps.
>>
>>52132146
>most of us use apps
>gramps

wtf is this guy 12 years old. maybe I am old but ive literally never played a mobile game that I thought "man this is really a great how did this they do this" and I've definitely never said that about a shitty mobile app... even the good ones are like watered down websites
>>
I got mine with broken ethernet and Aliexpress. Refused to pay me back send working
Olso most os are shit
>>
Literally no one worth a shit wants to play games on their raspi.

Its there to just be a cheap Linux, that's literally it
>>
8gb non-expandable storage.
Can be bricked.
>>
>>52132605
>micro sd
>sata
>>
>>52132551
I think the point op was making was that it's more powerful than a rpi?
Then again, I didn't bother opening ops video.

>>52132549
Damn, that sucks. Does everything else work though? I'm thinking of getting the orange pi plus 2 for a torrent box because of the sata.
>>
>>52131294
>DDR Ram
Shit man, if DDR2 is 800MHz at what speed does DDR works?
>>
>>52134723
I believe you're noticing the chinglish on a Chinese product with buzzwords attempting to make it look better than it actually is.

Is it ram?
No, it's ddr ram!
>>
O D R O I D C 1
D
R
O
I
D

C
>>
File: 1450052425715.jpg (72 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450052425715.jpg
72 KB, 500x375
>>52131294
>YET ANOTHER rpi knockoff to add to the pile
>No DisplayPort
>>
Most retards here don't realize that the main use for the Pi isn't a mini desktop/Android box but education and embedded applications so raw processing power doesn't matter that much. What matters is documentation, tutorials and software examples in witch the Pi cannot be beaten.
>>
>>52137322
Take your logical arguments elsewhere faggot.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.