[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It took Linus Torvalds 4 FUCKING HOURS to build his new PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: linus.png (98 KB, 522x972) Image search: [Google]
linus.png
98 KB, 522x972
>It took Linus Torvalds 4 FUCKING HOURS to build his new PC
>Chinese workers can put a computer together in less than 30 mins

What the fuck?
>>
It takes me 4 hours to just find the best mobo/PSU
>>
>>52126252
programming a kernel doesn't make you somehow competent at physical hardware assembly???

Colour me suprised OP you faggot
>>
it takes about 3 days to assemble a car in a factory, i guess linus should be able to match that also?
or build a house in a month?

maybe if he was being paid to do it for 23 hours a day 7 days a week and threatened with sepaku if he didn't meet the 30 minute target he would have managed it to your satisfaction.
>>
>>52126671
>t takes about 3 days to assemble a car in a factory
In what, 1910?

In 1956, Ford could build a car every hour.
Toyota today puts together a new car every two minutes and 20 seconds.
>>
Maybe he didn't do a shite job with cable management and actually enjoyed the process you asshat. I can build a computer in under an hour whenever I'm doing it for family/friends but whenever I make a new rig for myself I take my time and savor it.
>>
>>52126252
I like to take my time building PCs. I don't do it often and I like to plan everything out so I don't have to pull everything apart like Linus did.
Cable management is the best part.
>>
>>52126814
On average, I believe. Otherwise it's bullshit. You can't assemble a car from scratch in under 3 minutes.
>>
>expecting everyone to know how to put together a computer
>not expecting everyone to know how to put together a car/house/do heart surgeries
Fucking retard. You should value/sell your skill and charge premium because of this. Even the kids born with an ipod/iphone in their lap are completely retarded about computers.
>>
>>52126252
Linus not watching Linus Media Shills, typical.
>>
>>52126814
>Toyota today puts together a new car every two minutes and 20 seconds.
wow you must be the most fucking retarded person i have ever met

one car leaves the production line every 2 minutes 20.
there are hundreds of cars on the line at one time
the time it takes for one car to traverse the entire line start to finish takes a few days on average.

how many computers can a chinese factory produce? probably about one every 30-45 seconds. please show me you doing this.
>>
>>52126814
A car, from start to finish, takes three minutes? I don't think so. Cars produced per minute != time to produce a single car.
>>
>>52126814

You are correct in that every 2 or 3 minutes Ford makes a new car.

Where you went wrong was in assuming that they only build one car at a time. In reality there is a very long line of cars all being built at once, with all of them moving forward one space every 2 or 3 minutes pushing one off the end.
>>
>>52127306
>sawed off GPU
>20 consumer SSDs in a RAID
>inside a bomb
>in a nice oil bath
>>
4 hours seems reasonable, especially if you don't realise the heatsink has a backplate mount and you have to remove it to reassemble it
>>
>>52126814
>In 1956, Ford could build a car every hour.
Do you not understand how Assembly line works, retard? They can put out 72 cars in three days. That's why it appears that they can do a car in an hour. But, from beginning to end, processing one cars take 3 days.
>>
>>52126252
>hey guys i'm a faggot and buy the stuff at the top of the list and it takes me like 15 mins.
>geez why are you guys so slow, what are you retarded?

Okay OP
>>
File: 1449361855035.png (29 KB, 826x392) Image search: [Google]
1449361855035.png
29 KB, 826x392
>>52126252

>ignoramuses who actually believe putting a computer together is some noble feat that requires critical thought or skill

>/tinfoil/s who think the nsa is out to get them, and have no concept that it's merely a big governmental organisation

>the entire hardware enthusiast community, dont even get me started on how pointless their existence is

>brand fanboys

>people who got lost trying to find /wg/ (desktop threads)

>people who got lost trying to find their way to /v/

>my preferred software is better than your preferred software for these reasons which are irrelevant and entirely subjective:

>Much like the DJ/Producer of yesteryear, programming, aka "making apps" is the latest must-have personality accessory
>>
>>52127496
Why not just leave?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.