[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fell for the sony meme and bought a z5 compact; it's pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1441909206739.jpg (54 KB, 960x954) Image search: [Google]
1441909206739.jpg
54 KB, 960x954
I fell for the sony meme and bought a z5 compact; it's pretty bad. It feels blocky and is weird to hold and the sd810 is indeed a fucking house fire. There's a fucking obnoxious red led that flashes when the battery reaches 15% and there's a faint crackle in my earbuds. Someone recommend me a new phone please, €400 is the most I'm willing to spend, it can't be over 5" and has to have an sd slot
>>
>>52125889
The led is your notification light and you can turn the low battery warning part of it off in settings, and it feels blocky because you can have large and thin or small and fat to fit the battery capacity needed in
>>
>>52125972
thanks for the tip, but the blockyness is inexcusable because a round back would've helped with the heat as well
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-29-23-48-16.png (87 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-29-23-48-16.png
87 KB, 720x1280
>>52125972
also where can I find this, best I got was PIC related :/
>>
>>52126091
Try in battery settings? It was there on my z1 with lollipop, they might have removed it for the z5 set no idea
>>
>>52126020
>a round back would've helped with the heat as well

now you're making shit up
>>
>>52125889
Sell it and get a Z3C.

Battery lasts longer and the 801 is more than powerful enough for basically anything.

Only downside is that they're relatively fragile if you drop it and repairing it yourself is a pain in the ass, speaking from personal experience. But they're like less than 300 USD by now I believe.

Newer != better.
>>
>>52125889
RIP in piece, ham cat
>>
>>52125889
Z3C is a piece of gold. Z4-5.. well, blame Qualcomm.
See also
>>52126384
>>
>>52126311
curved backs have more volume relative to non-curved ones
>>52126294
yeah no luck, rip
>>52126384
how's the DAC/audio quality? does it feel blocky?
>>
>>52126472
>curved backs have more volume relative to non-curved ones
Not even slightly how that works.
>>
>>52126509
if it's subtly curved that is in fact how it works. keep in mind the curve is curved like the side of an oval; the part where it archs back isn't too steep
>>
>>52126472
I don't necessarily know what you mean by blocky. It is indeed a rectangle.

It's a whole lot smaller than any other smart phone on the market at 4.6". I really enjoy the size coming from a GS3.

As far as the audio quality goes I've never noticed anything other than the fact that it was a significant upgrade from my previous device. Maybe your ears are more attuned than mine though. I mostly use it for playing music in my car with a pretty good sound system and it sounds great.
>>
>>52126472
>how's the DAC/audio quality? does it feel blocky?
Definitely no noise from my Z3C's dac. Sounds fine to me through my HD598s but admittedly I'm not an audiophile.

Blocky? The sides aren't sharp as they curve quite nicely. I switched from an HTC One M7 and it's fine. It is a cuboid though, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>52126670
hm okay, headphones usually don't experience static anyway, it's almost always earbuds. Good to know about the sides
>>52126642
audio quality is indeed solid but the dac has a subtle noise and distorts, audible in low classical music and talking

options other than the z3c guys?
>>
>>52126809
Sony is the only manufacturer that sees the value in making small phones. Every other manufacturer seems to consider 5" as the minimum size.

If you recognize that 1080p is overkill for something that fits in your hand and want a powerful phone that has an SD slot, good battery life, and small form factor, the Z3C is literally the only phone that satisfies all those qualifications.

I would love it if other manufacturers were making phones like this but they simply aren't.
>>
>>52126941
tis a sad world we live in

I guess I could look into the one m8? 5" is also fine, is it any decent from what you know about it? I'm willing to live with battery as the only (major) complaint
>>
>>52127133
I mean if you're good with 5" then there's a billion phones that you could get. The M8 is a very good phone, but if I were buying a 5" phone I'd probably go with a Huawei or some other chinkphone just because they're considerably cheaper than non-Chinese brands for the same specs.
>>
>>52127320
that's a great direction thanks, any (other) specific models (or brands) that come to mind?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.