[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dad is throwing a fit because he can't install his "XP"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: scrolling_client.jpg (556 KB, 797x599) Image search: [Google]
scrolling_client.jpg
556 KB, 797x599
My dad is throwing a fit because he can't install his "XP" copy of AOL on his new dell with windows 10.

I set up his outlook application to receive email (he used to use it only for the calendar) and I set the "mail received" tone to the "YOU'VE GOT MAIL" sound.

He is pissed off now that he figured out that I just setup outlook, which is "software he doesn't know how to use," and he "wants AOL back, [since he] knows how it works."
>>
Say mom the terrible truth: Jews did it on purpose.
>>
Tell him to go back to his old computer.
>>
>says he knows how it works
>can't even install it

Your father sounds like a fucking ape.
Leave him to it and let him get in a mess and start flinging shit. Eventually he will come to you to sort it out, you sort it out properly and tell him to get used to it because it's not 2001 any more.
>>
Copy his old HDD to a virtual HDD, make a snapshot and let him run AOL in a virtual Windows XP environment. When Windows XP is infected, roll back to a previous snapshot.
>>
>>52125624
>Say mom the terrible truth

lol
>>
>>52125584
>He is pissed off now that he figured out that I just setup outlook,
Wouldn't you be pissed off if you found that someone had swapped your PC for a Mac?
Lack of empathy and/or insight is a key indicator of autism.
>>
>>52125968
that's not even remotely the same thing
OP replaced something shit with something better and more standardized.
>>
>>52126009
he replaced old shit with new shit
>>
Tell your dad if he throws tantrums he can handle his own tech support and walk away.
>>
AOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

your dad is a faggit
>>
>Somewhere out there is a 50 year old lady who uses the same pentium 2 computer with AOL on dial up she had since it was new
>>
>AOL
>>
God I miss AOL. I miss Internet Suites.
>>
>>52125968
Dumbest example ever, holy shit youre retarded.
>>
AOL works on 10. It's called AOL Desktop.
>>
>>52125584
dont set it up, let him do it, he wont bother you this way
>>
I really miss AOL keywords. That was some really impressive technology.
>>
>>52127093

How old are you kiddo, you meant a 80-90 year old
>>
Yea, don't do favors for family when it comes to computers cuz they will blame you for every issue. I know its easy for you to get, but you can't blame him for the way he thinks.. thats how everyone thinks. People don't get pissed off at microsoft because they changed the code behind the way things work, they get pissed because "things aren't where they used to be"..... You sound like the "typical" computer nerd in cartoons who doesn't give a shit about the end user I'm amused.
>>
>>52127093
this happens all the time
pretty much anything made after around 1992 is still useful for anything but internet use, fuck my PC XT was in daily use up until around 2005 and was only mothballed because the guy couldn't get downstairs to use it anymore
>>
>>52127902
word, I loved those
>>
>>52128712
>fuck my PC XT was in daily use up until around 2005

The fuck were you doing with that?
>>
>>52128748
previous owner used it for inventory, spreadsheeting and word processing, which it was perfectly fine at
>>
>>52125584
Tell him to grow the fuck up and just accept change
>>
>>52125584
>Which companies could get bought in 2003?
>>
>>52128877
DJIA @ 8,232.....fuck america is done
>>
>>52127489
I miss the bootleg chat rooms with the downloads via multiple files to your mail box
>>
>>52125584

Just put him in a home
>>
OP, you won't win that fight. Doing tech work for family is the dumbest thing you could possibly do. You will always be to blame for when "things don't go right."
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.