[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overclocking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 29893.jpg (40 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
29893.jpg
40 KB, 300x300
Hey /g/. I have a r9 390, and an Intel I7 4790. How would I go about overclocking my gpu?
>>
>>52123229
install gentoo
>>
MSI afterburner
Now get out
>>
>>52123229
quit 4chan op
>>
>>52123257
That's it? Just fiddle with shit in MSI afterburner? Alrighty then, thanks /g/arry
>>
Overclocking is done with the CPU. Companies install glue underneath the heatsink to prevent this and to know if users have broken the warranty. Clean the glue off, reinstall heatsink, and Overclocking away!
The same applies to graphics cards
>>
>>52123257
Is there any difference between using amd overdrive and msi afterburner?
>>
>>52123229
I have a Amd fx-8350 along with a 390 as well by msi. Runs games swell #AmdWomboCombo
>>
>>52123803
I wanna go 4k eventually when I can afford the monitor. Should I crossfire another 390?
>>
>>52123229
I think the sapphire utility is pretty good try that out.
>>
>>52123643
Using MSI Aftenburner only adds another process for your system to handle, just using AMD Overdrive keeps shit simple and saves you from having to install Afterburner in the first place.

It's the same shit, you set your clock speeds and close the program. You don't want to log your temps while gaming or shit like that, as it will just put more load on your system.
>>
>>52125087
I thought so thanks for explaining senpai
>>
>>52126230
You can also Google your brand of 390 + overclock and see what speeds/ voltages other people clocked theirs to
>>
r9 390 OC like shit you will be lucky to get anything significant out of them, but your temps and fans will go crazy
>>
Don't know about the 390, but for my Fury the Trixx software is the best for OCing as it has the most voltage adjust and has a nice custom fan profile interface.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.